SMITE is a third-person, free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena video game that was released first on the Microsoft Windows PC platform in 2014. The video game was ported on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a year later in 2015, and SMITE was finally released on Nintendo Switch in 2019. As a MOBA game, SMITE consists of various playable characters commonly referred to as Gods.
Players can choose between Mages, Guardians, Warriors, Assassins, and Hunters. We think hunters, which usually deal in ranged carriers and fighters, are an interesting class to master in the game of all the playable classes. That is why we have curated the top five gods or SMITE best hunter guide for the new and existing player base who want to main a viable hunter in the game.
Ranking the game’s diverse hunter roster into the top five picks mentioned below is entirely based on how we think each hunter performs in SMITE. We have played with each hunter in the game, and based on our playtime, we came up with the top five rankings.
We understand that every SMITE player’s opinion may differ from us, and thus the ranking of the top five hunters we created may conflict with your preferences. That is why our selected top five SMITE hunter ranking hierarchy is not up for further discussion or debate.
Hou Yi – Defender of the Earth
Hou Yi is the fifth-best hunter in SMITE that we think offers consistent damage to a single as well as multiple targets in an area. His passive gives the hunter some room to not get hit by a critical strike for the next few seconds. Moreover, Hou Yi’s 2nd ability is by far the best one in the entire game as it depletes an enemy’s health faster whenever it is marked. The ultimate is a tad bit slow and sometimes gets underwhelming.
- Ricochet: Hou Yi can fire a powerful shot that can ricochet from walls. The further the arrow travels, the higher damage it does once it hits a target. The arrow does 40% bonus damage to the gods if it bounces two times and stuns smaller targets if they have Mark of Golden Crow.
- Mark of the Golden Crow: Hou Yi marks a target that deals more damage for every 10% depleted health of that enemy through the hunter’s abilities. Each mark lasts for 10 seconds which also reveals enemies and stealthed gods.
- Divebomb: Hou Yi launches himself into the air and does a divebomb to a distant enemy, dealing an area of effect attack. Targets marked with Mark of the Golden Crow get knocked back as well.
Suntouched: The passive ability of Hou Yi saves the hunter from getting a critical hit for three seconds only after he has been critically hit before.
Sunbreaker: Hou Yi shoots an arrow barrage consisting of nine arrows in the sky on a sun. Each sun rains down on enemies in a small area, slowing their movement speed and dealing damage over time. Targets marked with Mark of the Golden Crow are slow down 20% more.
Chernobog – Lord of Darkness
Chernobog comes at number four in our SMITE best hunter list. His high damaging combos are one of the many reasons that make this hunter outshine most ones in the game. Moreover, he can double dash and get out of conflict or tense encounters by going inside a wall where Chernobog practically becomes invulnerable to attacks.
This might be interesting for you: Assassins Creed Odyssey Best Build Guide
- Crystallized Curses: Chernobog throws cursed crystals on enemies, each dealing damage to a target upon impact. When the crystals explode again after a short time, they deal damage in an area. The cursed crystals can be detonated before their due of 3 seconds time by shooting at them.
- Vicious Barrage: Chernobog fires a large crystal shard that deals damage after piercing the targets using the second ability. The shard can detonate Crystallized Curses and applies Heart of Cold to enemies it hits while passing through. The hunter also gets increased attack speed.
- Into Darkness: The 3rd ability of Chernobog allows the hunter to dash forward to enemies to deal damage and slow them down for 2 seconds. If the hunter does not hit an enemy and instead hits a wall, he goes into shadow mode and becomes untargetable by enemies.
Heart of Cold: Each basic attack Chernobog lands on a target impales the enemy with a brittle crystal. When the Heart of Cold stack reaches three times, that marked enemy explodes and does an AoE damage to nearby enemies.
Living Nightmare: Chernobog’s ultimate allows the hunter to summon shadows at enemies’ locations. He can select to summon wherever his shadows are. Doing so gives Chernobog a reset on cooldowns, extra movement speed, and resistance from damage.
Cupid – God of Love
Cupid comes at number three in our SMITE best hunter list. He is by far the top choice for players who want a hunter to be a damage dealer and, at the same time, a team healer as well. Moreover, most of his abilities can control the crowd easily as they deal area of effect damage on targets.
An interesting read: Divinity Original Sin 2: Top Skills For Any Build
- Heart Bomb: Cupid’s first ability allows the hunter to shoot an arrow of love on a target. The arrow slows down the target and explodes after a short while, dealing AoE to nearby enemies. All minions take 50% more damage as compared to enemy gods.
- Share the Love: Cupid throws three hearts on the ground, which heals allies on pickup. Moreover, when allies receive health after picking up the hearts, Cupid regenerates the lost Mana. The second ability has 14 seconds cooldown.
- Flutter: Cupid’s 3rd ability has dual effects; active and passive. When activated, Cupid leaves behind a trail that when allies walk on it, they receive increased movement speed. Moreover, Cupid passively receives increased attack speed.
Lovestruck: Every arrow that lands on a target buffs Cupid’s damage dealing and healing abilities. The passive stacks for eight times, and after that, Cupid gets additional effects.
Fields of Love: Using the ultimate ability, Cupid fires a barrage of arrows on enemies’ location, slowing their movements and limiting the ability usage. Each arrow grows and then explodes, which deals mesmerizing effect. The ultimate has a 100 seconds cooldown.
Heimdallr – The Vigilant
Heimdallr stands at number two in our SMITE best hunter list. His first ability is pretty much useful to reveal enemies and attack from a distance. Heimdallr’s strong point is that he can pretty much teleport and get out of tight spots very easily. It makes this hunter by far the safest one in the game.
A similar read: Top 5 Secrets In Fortnite Battle Royale That You Dont Know
- Piercing Sight: Using the first ability, Heimdallr throws his Hofuð sword in the air, which spots and reveals nearby targets. When you re-trigger the ability, the hunter calls back the sword, which hits the enemy(s) first and returns back to Heimdallr. The ability has a 14 seconds cooldown and does 70/130/190/250/310 (+85% of hunter’s Physical Power) damage.
- Gjallarhorn: Heimdallr’s second ability is an Area of Effect attack. He blows Gjallarhorn for two seconds, and enemies near him instantly get their movement, and attack speed reduced significantly. When he finishes blowing the horn, all enemies near him take blast damage and are knocked back by the hunter.
- The Bifrost: Heimdallr manifests a crystal that connects two points and allows the hunter to teleport back and forth between them. All enemies that teleport using the Bifrost get revealed to Heimdallr. The range is practically unlimited, and the ability to cooldown depends on how far each crystal is from another.
The Vigilant: Heimdallr’s passive allows the hunter to receive more physical power when he gains a vision of an enemy god. The effect can stack up to five gods. Moreover, even when an enemy god disappears from vision, Heimdallr continues to see for four seconds.
Through the Realms: Using the ultimate ability, Heimdallr charges with an axe. If he strikes an enemy god, Heimdallr stuns the enemy and swings an axe as well. Then he launches the enemy into the air, which is teleported by Bifrost to Muspelheim and Niflheim, dealing burn and slow status effect upon returning the enemy back to the ground.
Danzaburou – The Legendary Tanuki
This leaves us with Danzaburou, whom we consider the best SMITE hunter. He is a formidable hunter with high damage output. One of Danzaburou’s strongest features is his ultimate ability, which allows the hunter to get into the middle of a team fight or flee away without breaking a sweat. Not only is he a good damage dealer, but he can also self-heal as well.
- Fool’s Gold: Danzaburou’s 1st ability allows the hunter to throw three money bags, damaging small enemies via explosive and toxic damage. Moreover, when these bags hit Gods, they drop gold which the hunter and other teammates can collect. The ability has a 12 seconds cooldown and can be reused again.
- Alluring Spirits: The second ability allows Danzaburou to heal 30/50/70/90/110 (+20% of hunter’s Physical Power). Moreover, after receiving the health, the hunter hurls the sake bottle towards enemies, dealing damage to enemies in a radius. Depending on the level, this ability has a 16/15/14/13/12 seconds cooldown.
- Tanuki Trickery: Using the third ability allows Danzaburou to create a field where the hunter moves faster but slows down enemies by 20%. Whenever the character steps outside the field, he turns into a leaf and mimics his movements to that of decoys.
Dubious Savings: The passive of Danzaburou allows the hunter to store 10% of acquired gold into one of the money pouches. The hunter gets a permanent increase in physical power and receives bonus gold whenever the pouch gets filled completely.
Uproarious Rocket: Danzaburou’s ultimate ability is an Area of Effect attack. When triggered two times, the hunter turns into a rocket, or if not, he summons a magical leaf that transforms into a rocket instead of Danzaburou.
That is pretty much everything you need to know about the top five SMITE best hunter. Which god has been your favorite since the recent patch? Let us know more of your thoughts in the comments section below.