- Alan Wake 2 is Remedy’s latest AAA release, coming across as a sequel to 2010’s Alan Wake.
- The title has received consistent updates post-launch, with a new patch released in recent times.
- Its latest update brings more than 200 individual improvements and fixes.
A new update for Alan Wake 2 is now out, the developer Remedy Entertainment confirmed in an official blog post. The patch titled v08 can be downloaded on all the platforms that the game is on, namely Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC. Note that this is the first time all three versions of the title were updated together, thereby exhibiting parity across the board.
Outside of all the mission-specific changes that have made the game playable for many, implementing fixes for quests such as, “Invitation,” “Casey,” “Zane’s Film,” “Masks,” and others, a swath of general adjustments have been incorporated as well. These include localization fixes, better lighting, and gameplay fine-tuning, with some other improvements being:
- Various audio-related improvements and additional polish
- Improved lip sync in some instances
- Fixed various graphical issues in the environments
- Fixed various minor issues in cinematics
- Minor improvements to image aliasing in Performance mode and Xbox Series S
- Various UI-related fixes and additional polish
It bears mentioning that Alan Wake 2’s last hotfix was dropped three days ago, updating the Xbox Series X|S variant of the survival horror and bringing all platforms on the same release version subsequently. On a side note, as the news of the latest patch found its way over to Reddit, fans complained in the comments section that they’re yet to receive bonus items as part of their pre-order.
More Alan Wake 2 Content to Check Out:
- Why It’s Hard Being A Mid-Range PC Gamer In 2023, Featuring Alan Wake 2
- Alan Wake 2 Extensively Supports Game Help On PlayStation 5
- Nvidia Is Giving Away A Custom Alan Wake 2 GeForce RTX 4090
Besides a few minor hiccups, Alan Wake 2 has remained one of the most anticipated releases of 2023, and much to the relief of fans, it’s turned out just as one would expect from Remedy. Thanks to the developer constantly making efforts to ensure smooth playability for the 2010-released Alan Wake sequel, the survival horror is one of the lesser-bugged launches we’ve seen so far in 2023.
The game was released on October 27, 2023, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. In our review, eXputer rated the title 5/5, with Huzaifah Durrani calling it the greatest Remedy game to date. If you’re a fairly new player, here is a helpful guide on all Alan Wake 2 weapons for both Alan and Saga, so you don’t miss them as you move ahead.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍