In a survival horror game like Alan Wake 2, all weapons play a very important role. Most of the powerful weapons are hidden all around the map. Some of these weapons can be collected only by Saga Anderson, and some can be collected only by Alan. Saga Anderson starts off with a handgun and a flashlight, while Alan starts off with a revolver and a flashlight. Both of them can upgrade their arsenal by finding more powerful weapons.
Complete Weapon List In Alan Wake 2There are a total of 8 weapons in Alan Wake 2. Five of them can be utilized by Saga Anderson, while Alan uses the remaining three.
The weapons are:
- Pistol ( Saga Anderson)
- Crossbow ( Saga Anderson)
- Hunting Rifle(Saga Anderson)
- Pump Action Shotgun (Saga Anderson)
- Sawed Off Shotgun (Saga Anderson)
- Flashlight and Revolver (Alan)
- Flare Gun (Alan)
- Double Barreled Shotgun (Alan)
Here’s are complete details for all the weapons in Alan Wake 2:
|Revolver||Initiation 2- Casey||Can destroy Taken if their shield has been destroyed|
42 (6 rounds)
|The Six-Gun Scribe - 20G||Dark place in an alley|
|Flare Gun||Initiation 4- We sing||Stuns and kills Taken with lethal efficiency||12 (1 at a time)||Come one, Come all - 10G, What Light Through Yonder Window- 20 G||Talk Show Studio|
|Double Barreled Shotgun||Initiation 5- Room 665||It does three times more damage per shot than the revolver||32 (2 rounds)||Two for the Prince of One- 10 G||Oceanview Hotel's rooftop|
|Pistol||Return 1- Description||Low stopping power but larger ammo capacity||-||-||Received automatically|
|Sawed Off Shotgun||Return 2- The heart||Rapid rate of fire||2 per clip||-||Cauldron Lake's General Goods Store|
|Crossbow||Return 3- Local Girl||Can bypass shadows protecting taken||25 (1 arrow)||-||Old and broken-down cabin in the way of Coffee World|
|Hunting Rifle||Return 5- Old Gods||Can destroy Taken with very few bullets|
5 (25 rounds)
|-||Wellness Center's Security Room|
|Pump Action Shotgun||Return 5- Old Gods||Deals out serious punishment at a steady, if unspectacular rate||32 (8 rounds)||Two for the Prince of One- 10 G||Bright Falls Sheriff's Station|
Alan’s Weapons And Their LocationsLet’s kick things off by listing the unique set of weapons that are exclusive to Alan. There are a total of 3 weapons for Alan that are scattered throughout each of his chapters in Alan Wake 2.
All of Alan’s Weapons in Alan Wake 2 are as the following:
- Chapter: Initiation 2- Casey
- Description: The revolver is quite a strong weapon and can be upgraded after you find words of power in Alan Wale 2.
Location: The flashlight and revolver are found early in the game. Right after you come to the dark place, head right into the alleyway, and you will see these weapons right after a cut scene.
2. Flare Gun
- Chapter: Initiation 4- We sing
- Description: The flare gun is great at clearing crowds of fade-outs, but remember that its ammunition is limited; therefore, it should be used when necessary.
Location: You will eventually get to see the weapon at the end of this chapter. You have to make your way to the talk show studio and solve a set of puzzles. You will find the flare gun on a wooden desk with a red table top.
3. Double Barreled Shotgun
- Chapter: Initiation 5- Room 665
- Description: A double-barreled shotgun is extremely useful for one shot enemies, but beware since it can be extremely loud to use.
Location: After reaching the Skydeck of the ocean-view hotel, you will notice a bar, and you might think it is closed. But as you get closer, you notice that it is open. Using your angel lamp, you will be able to spot the Double Barreled Shotgun on a rack.
Be sure to take a look at eXputer’s video tutorial on obtaining the Double Barrel Shotgun as well:
Saga Anderson’s Weapons And Their LocationsNow for Saga’s weapons. Saga has a total of 5 weapons that make up for her unique set of weapons. These weapons are scattered all around each of Saga’s chapters.
All of Saga’s weapons in Alan Wake 2 are as the following:
- Chapter: Return 1- Description
- Description: The damage done by the weapon is pretty low, but it fires quickly and is easy to aim with. You can upgrade the magazine in the weapon to store more ammunition.
Location: As Saga Anderson begins her journey, she already has the pistol in her arsenal.
2. Sawed Off Shotgun
- Chapter: Return 2- The heart
- Description: Like all shotguns, the sawed-off shotgun does amazing damage but takes a lot of time to reload.
Location: When you head back to Cauldron Lake to find Agent Nightingale’s missing heart, you will see a general store in the area. The shotgun is in the backroom of the general store in Alan Wake 2.
- Chapter: Return 3- Local Girl
- Description: The crossbow is a powerful weapon that is mostly used for long-range. However, the reload time takes ages.
Location: On the way to Coffee World, watch for an old, broken-down cabin at the first break in the road. Here, you will solve a puzzle, and then you can collect the crossbow in Alan Wake 2.
4. Hunting Rifle
- Chapter: Return 5- Old Gods
- Description: It does wonders when used at long range, and if upgraded correctly, it is a force to be reckoned with.
Location: The hunting rifle is pretty hard to find if you don’t know where to look. All you have to do is go to the room near the wellness Centre security office. The gun can be found in the room.
5. Pump Action Shotgun
- Chapter: Return 6- Scratch
- Description: Pump Action Shotgun is definitely the strongest weapon of the lot, and it can be found near the end of Alan Wake 2. However, one should definitely give it a go.
Location: The pump action shotgun can be found in Sheriff Tim Beckers’ office. The office can be opened using the key you find in the morgue.
My Experience Using All Of The Weapons In Alan Wake 2
After playing and completing Alan Wake 2, I can confidently say that all the weapons are extremely fun to use. Each weapon is different from the other. Be long-range or short-range, there is a weapon available for each.
My favorite weapon, however, is the hunting rifle in Alan Wake 2. It is extremely fun to use and does a wonderful job from long range. The weapons can be hard to find without knowing where exactly to look.
And with that, my guide on Alan Wake 2 All Weapons comes to an end. Here, you were informed on every weapon in Alan Wake 2, including the chapters they can be found in and their location. Other than that, if you have something to add, you can do so through the comment section down below.
- Alan Wake 2: All Cult Stashes
- Alan Wake 2: Witch’s Hut Fuse Location
- Alan Wake 2: Rock Rock Tree Puzzle Code
- Alan Wake 2: Administrator Password
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍