Out of the many weapons in Alan Wake 2, the Crossbow is one of the most damage-dealing one, but without its code, you won’t be able to access it. Furthermore, the Crossbow can be made more efficient by utilizing the best upgrades for it.
If you want a video guide on this topic, here is a 48 second walkthrough from our YouTube Channel on Crossbow:
Crossbow Location In Alan Wake 2
Acquiring the Crossbow in Alan Wake 2 isn’t too complicated and can be accessed mid-game, specifically during Return 3: Local Girl.The Crossbow can be found in Watery during Return 3: Local Girl. After learning about the location of your trailer, you can head towards the marked location (in red) to find the Cult Stash that holds the Crossbow. Once you reach the marked location, you will be able to spot a hut with a generator next to it.
- Use the generator to turn on the power in the hut, and it will turn into a Break Room.
- You can learn more about Break Rooms in my guide on how to manual save.
- Step out of the Break Room, and you’ll spot the Cult Stash right in front, under a small shed.
Crossbow CodeThe code for the Cult Stash that holds the Crossbow is 527 in Alan Wake 2.
You can directly open the Cult Stash by inputting the code. But if you’re interested in how to figure out the code for yourself, do the following:
- Look for the shooting range-like setup to the right of the crossbow stash.
- There will be multiple numbered targets laid out, with some having Crossbow bolts stuck to them.
- The targets with Crossbow bolts stuck to them are the numbers for the combination.
- The number of arrows stuck to the number indicates its position in the code.
- Following this pattern, you will arrive at 527, which is the code for the stash.
Crossbow UpgradesAfter you acquire the Crossbow in Alan Wake 2 using its code, you can actually upgrade it to make it more effective.
Here is an overview of its upgrades:
Pull The String
15 Manuscript Fragments
Hold the fire button to draw the crossbow further to increase damage and a straighter arc.
18 Manuscript Fragments
Fires two bolts before needing to be reloaded.
12 Manuscript Fragments
Bolts lodged into enemies will attract bullets fired near them.
- The reload time for the Crossbow is quite long.
- That is why Two Shots is a great starting upgrade, allowing you to use it as frequently as the Sawed-Off Shotgun, which you can get through the general store shotgun code in Alan Wake 2.
- Magnetic Pull makes combat against bosses even more efficient as you can use it to lower their health and then use other weapons like the pistol for further damage with more accuracy.
In case you don’t know about the Manuscript Fragments and how upgrades work, you can read about how to upgrade weapons in Alan Wake 2.
My Tips For The Crossbow
After playing Alan Wake 2 for 20+ hours, I highly recommend always having the Crossbow in one of your quick slots and using it as a way to start any combat situation. It is extremely effective against the long-range Taken that throw axes at you.
After using the Flashlight Boost, the first attack that I always use is a shot with the Crossbow. It makes it easier to preserve the ammo of my other guns. The fact that I can retrieve the bolts most of the time after killing an enemy makes the Crossbow even better.
With that, you know all about the Alan Wake 2 Crossbow and how you can acquire it using its code. It is an extremely useful weapon for long-range and almost acts like a sniper for Saga Anderson. To make sure you’re getting a good challenge, check out the best difficulty settings in Alan Wake 2.
- Alan Wake 2: Mission and Chapters
- Alan Wake 2 Best Tips
- Alan Wake 2: All Editions Comparison Best Edition
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍