When it comes to linear games, one major feature is the ability to create manual saves so that you can go back to older parts of the game and ensure you don’t miss anything. But, in the earlier stages of Alan Wake 2, you might notice no way to save manually. Being confused about how to save in Alan Wake 2 early on manually is normal; don’t worry, as there is a solution.
How To Unlock Manual Save In Alan Wake 2When you hop into the game and play through the first chapter of Alan Wake 2, you will notice that there is no option to save in the menu anywhere manually. You will get the occasional autosave, but that will only be at certain checkpoints.
To unlock the manual save in Alan Wake 2, you need to progress through the story till Return 2: The Heart.
- In the chapter, you will be led back to Cauldron Lake in search of Nightingale.
- In your pursuit, you will follow his footsteps down to the Overlap, where you’ll find a Manuscript.
- The Manuscript will guide you towards the Witch’s Hut.
- However, before you can proceed, you’ll need to attach a fuse to the hut’s electric board.
- You can find the fuse further along the path opposite to the electric board.
- After you insert the fuse, the Witch Hut will begin to light up.
- Enter inside to see the Manual Save option.
How To Manual Save In Alan Wake 2Manual saves can only be made inside the Break Rooms in Alan Wake 2. These Break Rooms are found in different areas on the map of different regions.
- For example, the Break Room in Cauldron Lake can be found in the Witch’s hut.
- When you enter these Break Rooms, you will get the option to interact with a thermos, which will give you the option to Quick Save (autosave) and Manual Save.
- It is worth noting that you only get access to three different Manual Save slots, so keep that in mind when creating your own saves.
My Thoughts On Save Feature In Alan Wake 2
When I first jumped into Alan Wake 2, I was desperately looking for the Manual Save option because I did not want to miss out on any collectibles.
I was slightly disappointed to see that the option wasn’t readily available. But as I further played through the game, I realized that the Break Rooms are always nearby, so you don’t exactly have to worry about saving. But my only issue is with the fact that you can only get three different slots. I dedicated one of the save slots for the point just before the point of no return in the story. And the others are just used as checkpoints before difficult portions of the game.
With that, you know about Alan Wake 2 how to Manual Save. It might confuse you at the start because the option isn’t available from the start. But rest assured knowing that the Break Rooms are usually always nearby (except during important boss fights), so you won’t have to worry much about losing your progress. Your only concern should be with how you utilize each save slot.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍