- Alan Wake 2 is the next step in line for Remedy, coming across as a sequel to 2010’s Alan Wake.
- The game has been a blast so far for gamers, amassing positive reviews from around the globe.
- A new patch makes additional fixes to the title and removes progress blockers as well.
Alan Wake 2 remains constantly supported from the side of Remedy Entertainment—the famed developer behind the likes of Control, its upcoming sequel, and the original Alan Wake that took off in 2010. The latest patch for the game, titled v1.0.9 for PC removes certain progress blockers persisting in some missions. A specific fix for the Xbox Series X|S concerning the audio during the prologue is here as well.
Thankfully, all versions of the game on different platforms are now up to parity and this has been sustained since the previous update. Before that, updates for the Xbox Series X|S were delayed, particularly due to the time it took on Microsoft’s end for testing purposes. With this patch, all three platforms that the game is on the latest release version, enlisted as follows:
- PlayStation 5 (1.00.09)
- Xbox Series (220.127.116.11)
- PC (1.0.9)
For reference, the last Alan Wake 2 patch that rolled out on the first of this month brought 200+ improvements to the survival thriller, thereby becoming one of its biggest updates and introducing some much-requested enhancements just as well, both in general and mission-specific. In contrast, the latest patch is a minor one at best, bringing the following to the table:
- Xbox Series X|S: A workaround fix for the issue where the audio cut out intermittently in the Prologue. We are expecting a full fix for this issue in an upcoming update.
- ROOM 665: Fixed an issue (again) with the Echo scene not aligning and unlocking correctly (this was fixed in the previous update, but Echo hell still persisted).
- LOCAL GIRL: Fixed an issue with a mouse (with a big presence) blocking progress.
On a side note, fans are still very much in demand of Alan Wake 2’s physical release, with some even refusing to purchase the game until it arrives in the form of a hard copy. As per Remedy, a digital-only format helps keep costs down and appeals to the market more as a “large number” of players avoid physical editions on purpose. The devs says it does not plan on releasing the game physically right now.
Alan Wake 2 was released on October 27, 2023, for the Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC, launching to rave reviews across the globe. In eXputer’s analysis of the title, Huzaifah Durrani rated it 5/5, calling it Remedy’s greatest game to date. If you’re a new player who could use some help, here are all the weapons in Alan Wake 2 for both Alan and Saga that you can find and put to good use.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍