- The creators of Chrono Trigger, Yuji Horii, Hironobu, Sakaguchi, and Kazuhiko Torishima, appeared for an interview.
- They confirmed that Chrono Trigger 2 is unlikely to happen.
- Sea of Stars reminded them of Chrono Trigger, and they showered the title with praise.
It seems like Chrono Trigger will never see the light of day. In a recent interview on a J-Wave Radio show, “TOKYO M.A.A.D SPIN” at Radiko, the developers of the original entry, Yuji Horii, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and Kazuhiko Torishima, stated that it’s unlikely for the title to get a sequel. @Genki_JPN on X posted the details of the Japanese interview in a thread.
Chrono Trigger creators Yuji Horii, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Kazuhiko Torishima praised Sea of Stars as a beautiful game they said looks just like Chrono Trigger and said the developers really did a great job!
After talking about the possibility of Chrono Trigger 2 which they said… pic.twitter.com/2XHHnLrn7q
— Genki✨ (@Genki_JPN) December 26, 2023
When asked about the possibility of Chrono Trigger 2 for a future release, the developers said, “It is hard to see themselves doing.” The statement came up as a disappointment for eager Chrono Trigger fans who were waiting for more.
- Chrono Cross Received A Remaster Because The Studio Thought It Would Become “Unplayable”
- After Final Fantasy XVI’s Epic Action Galore, The Series Should Revisit Its Turn-Based Roots
- Please Square Enix, Bring Back Xenogears
The developers were prompted to comment on Sea of Stars during the interview after they were shown two trailers of the entry. They all showered it with praise, calling the entry beautiful and nostalgic saying it reminded them of Chrono Trigger.
Chrono Trigger is one of the most iconic titles adored by classical RPG fans. It was released back then in 1995 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It was later ported to other platforms, including PC, iOS, Android, and Nintendo DS.
While many hoped for a new Chrono Trigger entry or a remake of the original, it seems like those dreams are buried for now, just like how it happened to other Classical RPGs like Golden Sun that remain unrevived and ended up forgotten in the realms of time.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍