Hitman 3 proved to be a popular iteration in the franchise that saw the return of the ruthless assassin, leaving death in every path he walks. Agent 47 returns in “the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy,” traveling to exotic locations to finish his goals. The title has only grown in content and popularity in recent years.
The lively and immersive world of Hitman 3 is about to witness a significant change. The team at IO Interactive has announced a prominent update that will change the name of the game and will make it a central hub for the franchise. The update is planned later for this month and will see the inclusion of Hitman 1 and 2 into the entry.
- Hitman 3 is changing its name to “Hitman World of Assassination” following a new update slated for January 26th, 2023. The previous installments, Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, will be made absolutely free for owners through the existing Access Pass system.
- The current HITMAN 3 owners will receive a free upgrade to Hitman World of Assassination on all media.
- The Steam storefront will see the various Hitman-related products trimmed down to only two derivatives in the store.
- The current standalone Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 products will be removed from sale on all platforms but will remain accessible for current owners.
Hitman 3 is adopting a new name; the title will effectively be dubbed “Hitman World of Assassination,” in a newly announced update that is coming on January 26th, 2023.
The prior two entries will also be incorporated into the game. The levels from Hitman 1 and 2 will be included for free for owners through the existing Access Pass system. Moreover, the existing HITMAN 3 owners will get a complimentary upgrade to HITMAN World of Assassination on all devices.
All Hitman 3 owners will have the same base ownership, and it tries to eradicate confusion over which edition to buy to get certain levels by converting the current system to only one purchase option. The other DLC will seemingly still be open for purchase, but owning all the Hitman trilogy levels will be easier than ever now.
Due to Hitman 3 becoming the central hub, it will become drastically easier for both new and old players to dive into the franchise through a single game.
Currently, the Steam store is cluttered with Hitman-related content, making it confusing for new and even veterans to dive into the games. As per developers, “There will be no more confusion over which edition to buy, what content you own, how to redeem Legacy packs or import locations, etc. We’re done with that.”
IO Interactive has pruned down all the available products into only two options for the community.
- Hitman World of Assassination will drain your pockets out of $70, and it features Hitman 3, the Hitman 1 Game of the Year Access Pass, and the Hitman 2 Standard Access Pass.
- The Hitman World of Assassination Deluxe Pack can also be bought for only $30. This version includes the Hitman 3 Deluxe Pack, the Hitman 3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection, and the Hitman 2 Expansion Access Pass.
IO Interactive elaborates, “Those are the only two products that new players need to consider when buying any Hitman game digitally as of January 26, 2023.”
It continues, “The changes have also been made with the Freelancer game mode in mind, where being able to easily access all locations from across the World of Assassination is paramount to maximising your enjoyment.”
Furthermore, all Hitman 1 and Hitman 2-related products will be withdrawn from sale on all platforms. However, the current owners will be able to access them in the current older method. The bulk of the content from the first two games will be accessible in Hitman World of Assassination moving forward after the update rolls out.
What are your thoughts about Hitman 3 receiving such a prominent update and becoming the centralized hub? Do you think it is a wise decision to make the standalone Hitman 1 and 2 unavailable in the future and include them in the third game? Do let us know your opinions in the comments below.
Similar Reads: Atomic Heart’s Developer Confirm Plans For No Multiplayer.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍