- Senior Creative Director at Insomniac, Bryan Intihar, has revealed that Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 had concept art for a Venomized Sandman.
- The idea was dropped due to production-related factors as the team went above and beyond for the default encounter.
- According to Intihar, crafting the fight with Sandman was enough of a challenge.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 could have featured a symbiote version of the Sandman but the devs chose to drop the idea instead. In an episode of IGN’s Beyond, Senior Creative Director Bryan Intihar revealed that concept works were created for a Venomized Willaim Baker in the game but due to production scope margins, this idea was discarded.
I will tell you… I haven’t told anybody this, we did have a Venomized Sandman concept. It was hard enough to make Sandman, nothing like, ‘you can’t do this because of this extra Y or Z.’ I think it comes down to more of like, can we do it with the time we have and at the quality we want to hit?”
Elaborating on the whole situation, Intihar explained how the team went to unforeseen heights to craft the game, especially Sandman. This would make sense for most players as it’s often difficult to fully utilize the powers of certain characters in a video game. Given the nature of Baker’s abilities and the scope of the intro mission in Spider-Man 2, it’s a massive accomplishment for Insomniac Games.
- One Of Spider-Man 2’s Boss Fights Has A Reference To A Popular Anime
- Venom On A Bicycle Is The Goofiest Thing You’ll See In Spider-Man 2
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s New Patch Resolves The Cuban Flag Misstep
More so because crafting this encounter with Sandman in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 appears to have been a huge challenge for the team. Bryan Intihar explained that despite the cool concept, it wasn’t realistically possible to get it done at the quality they would have been satisfied with the time they had.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍