- Remedy Entertainment’s freshest entry in the Star Wars video game franchise hasn’t received a lot of love lately, following its haphazard launch. Jedi: Survivor has launched to poor reception, primarily because of the game’s lackluster optimization to run smoothly on PCs and consoles alike.
- Continuing its promise of rolling out “weeks” of patches for the game, EA has outed yet another update for the much-anticipated action-adventure title.
- The latest update focuses on improving performance on PC and addresses a myriad of issues for the title’s PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions.
As Star Wars Jedi: Survivor continues to linger on with its poor reception, EA is trying to compensate players for a disappointing AAA video game release, thereby rolling out a patch that focuses on improving performance levels for PC and console players alike. While PC players already received the patch earlier, those on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S should be able to update their game today.
Today a patch has become available for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and tomorrow (5/2) we’ll also be issuing a patch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
We are hard at work on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs across all platforms.… pic.twitter.com/XrjbdDQUp6
— EA Star Wars (@EAStarWars) May 1, 2023
The PC version of the patch tends to concentrate on “performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering,” but the console side of things have been kept more comprehensive. Here are the full patch notes for the Star Wars: Jedi Survivor update on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Multiple crashes fixed across PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S and various areas of the game.
- Fixed crashes that were tied to skipping cinematics.
- Performance improvements across PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series XIS • Fixed an issue with dynamic cloth inside the Mantis.
- Fixed various rendering issues.
- Fixed an issue with registered Nekko colors not saving.
- Fixed an issue with registered Nekko disappearing from the stable.
- Fixed issues with cinematic dialogue overlapping.
- Fixed various collision issues.
- Fixed an issue with enemy Al remaining in T Pose during photo mode.
- Fixed a freeze that occasionally occurred while talking to Doma.
- Fixed a bug where the BD-oil VFX did not properly render.
- Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck inside the Chamber of Duality if you didn’t save after leaving the chamber and die.
Jedi: Survivor saw its release on April 28, 2023, to the sheer dismay of gamers, but the writing was on the wall for the game’s release much before that. Those who got to play the game early circulated word that the title’s simply not up to par in terms of running smoothly, even on high-end PC hardware and consoles. As Remedy’s latest action venture turned out to be another lousy PC port, Steam reviews followed accordingly in a similar fashion.
Received with a “Mostly Negative” Steam review rating on launch, the community hasn’t held the developers and EA in the prettiest of words for how they released Jedi: Survivor. The vast majority of players are still struggling to get through the various in-game sequences, with the impending doom of crashing always lurking just around the corner. What makes it even worse is the day-one patch reportedly further exacerbates the situation for many.
In other news, EA has been called out for not crediting the translators of Jedi: Survivor individually. The protesting folks are translators themselves and are voicing their opinions over the growing concern about this lack of acknowledgment in the industry. So to speak, it’s not the first time such a situation has taken flight. God of War Ragnarok, The Callisto Protocol, and Persona 4 devs have been falling short in the crediting department as well.
Let’s just hope things resolve for the better soon for what is otherwise a brilliantly-designed title marred by a disastrous launch. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is out now for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍