“Weeks” Of Patches Announced for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Ahead Of Release
The first patch is scheduled to be released on launch day.
- EA has announced “weeks” of patches for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. The announcement was made to address reports of performance issues with the game.
- The patches will “fix bugs”, “improve performance”, and “add more accessibility features” to the game.
- The first patch will be released on launch day.
- The game was previously reported to have frame issues, especially on PC. So it is assumed that most of the patches will be dedicated to tackling the problems on PC.
- The game is scheduled for release on 28th April for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PS5.
After widespread reports of performance issues with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, EA has announced weeks of patches to “fix bugs” and “improve performance,” with the first patch scheduled to release on launch day. EA will also “add more accessibility features” during that time, as the studio has announced its plans officially via Twitter.
Cal’s newest journey in a galaxy far, far away has begun and we’re excited for you to experience it!
Our first patch will arrive on launch day across all platforms. In the weeks ahead, we’ll deploy patches that will:
– Fix bugs
– Improve performance
– Add more accessibility… pic.twitter.com/pUtyoGopP5
— EA Star Wars (@EAStarWars) April 26, 2023
It is unclear what sorts of issues would those patches address, but looking at the reviews and news reports, patches would largely be focused on fixing PC performance issues. In recent times, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s PC version was reported to be infected with a myriad of problems by multiple people who got their hands on the game early.
Most of the community is aghast at the fact that despite the six-week delay it’s taken for the title to launch, the developers were not able to fine-tune the game. Many were left wondering why are they even releasing the game if it is not ready for release. They are of the opinion that this is an anti-consumer approach from EA. To some, a further delay did not seem bad at all if it meant that a fully optimized game would see its release.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an action-adventure game developed by a Sherman Oaks, California-based studio, Respawn Entertainment which is known for developing games like Apex Legends, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and the Titanfall series. The game is scheduled for release on April 28 for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PS5.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍