- Super Mario RPG remake has already sold over 3.14 million copies globally, as Nintendo affirmed.
- The figure was updated in a new report by the giant conglomerate, proving the popularity of the remake.
- The remake has already surpassed the original title, which had sold a staggering 2.14 for its time.
Super Mario RPG remake has been out for barely a few weeks, but it has already hit a significant milestone that pretty much everyone saw coming after it launched with a strong trajectory. The game has sold over 3.14 million copies, as per the new quarterly fiscal report by Nintendo. In other words, it has become one of the best-selling Super Mario RPG titles ever in under six weeks after launch.
The fans had high expectations from the remake since the original SNES release was one of Nintendo’s most popular endeavors back in the day. So, it had to break through a high ceiling of sales. The original Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars only sold over 2.14 million copies globally in its lifetime. To put the remake’s success into perspective, it surpassed the initial launch with an additional million in a matter of a few weeks.
On the flip side, many other Nintendo franchises have overshadowed the remake. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has now rolled over 20 million copies. Pikmin 4 currently stands at around 3.33 million units sold. Additionally, Super Mario Bros. Wonder has secured 11.9 million sales. Lastly, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe has shifted over a staggering 60 million copies.
- Palworld May Be A Pokemon Rip-Off, But It Gave Fans What Nintendo Couldn’t In Years
- Super Mario RPG Remake Leaks Online Ahead Of Official Release.
- Mario Creator Reminisces On How He Joined Nintendo; Talks About Retirement.
Super Mario RPG remake came out to a positive reception on November 17, 2023, for the Nintendo Switch. eXputer’s Muhammad Roaim Chohan has reviewed the entry with a remarkable 4/5 score, praising it for being a faithful renovation of the original experience and delivering good performance on the old hardware. However, a few players have found some issues, like dated aspects and a lack of challenges.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍