- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is one of the biggest releases of 2023, being the next game in line for the Marvel’s Spider-Man IP, developed by Insomniac Games.
- Insomniac is also working on Marvel’s Wolverine, though there’s no release date for the game yet. In Spider-Man 2, you can find an easter egg pertaining to the latter.
- The easter egg comes in the form of a Wolverine suit that can be equipped for Miles in-game. Variations of the suit point to different Wolverine comics issues.
Having delved deep into the first Marvel’s Spider-Man, I knew how the sequel would incorporate a hefty ton of easter eggs in-game, with some of them possibly insinuating what Insomniac could be cooking next. As such, there’s a special suit for Miles in Spider-Man 2 that bears a striking resemblance to Wolverine’s attire from the comics.
What you see here is the “Best There Is” suit and this name itself is a reference to one of Wolverine’s comic book series, The Best There Is. Moreover, you’ll also find the following to be one of Logan’s famous quotes that he’s not only uttered in comics but in a movie as well, particularly X-Men Origins: Wolverine: “I’m the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn’t very nice.”
This looks like a clear indication that Insomniac remains serious about Marvel’s Wolverine, given how it’s hinted at the project’s titular protagonist here. Now that Spider-Man 2’s development is all wrapped up and dealt with, the US-based developer can finally go full steam on its Wolverine project. The last we heard of the latter was in 2021 at the PS Showcase, where only a brief teaser was shown off for it.
Luckily, it’s fairly easy to unlock the Best There Is suit in Spider-Man 2. All you have to do is level up as Miles to a certain point, particularly around the 32 mark, and you’ll automatically be able to equip the outfit right afterward in different colors. It bears mentioning that this isn’t the only Wolverine-centric easter egg in the open-world action adventure—there’s another one too for the eagle-eyed among us.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Insomniac On Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s Play Length: “It’s Worth It”
- PlayStation Studios Celebrate Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Launch With Custom Artwork
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Devs Intentionally Added Hold-To-Confirm Player Prompt During Fast Travel
During the “Bad Guys on the Block” main mission, you’ll come across a lab area that comprises Dr. Farley Stillwell’s research material. As you’re sifting through the documents trying to look for clues relating to Kraven the Hunter, you’ll spot the mention of Madripoor—a fictional island that Wolverine seemingly has a long-running history with, along with a number of other X-Men.
In other news, there is a mention of another prominent Marvel character as well in Spider-Man 2. This time around, if you head over to the Wakandan Embassy in the Midtown district and interact with the door there as Miles, our web-head will perform the Wakanda salute, crossing his arms and making an “X” thereafter. In essence, the action in question is a tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 was released on October 20, 2023, for the PlayStation 5 exclusively. If you’re just getting started with the game, consider checking out our in-depth write-up on the best ways to level up quickly in Spider-Man 2, followed by this guide on the best skills in the game. In eXputer’s review, Usama rated the title 4 out of 5 for its gripping narrative, enjoyable combat, and terrific visual quality.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍