- The new Spider-Man sequel features swift load times during fast travels, but there is a second of delay. Users accused the studio of hiding background loading behind the delay.
- The Core Technology at Insomniac Games, Fitzgerald, has addressed the concerns. He clarified that the wait was added as a hold-to-confirm prompt, and it hides no loading behind it.
- The prompt was added in case users change their minds while fast traveling. Many fans across the web have highly praised the fast-traveling in the game for its quick speed.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 features truly rapid load times during fast travels, to the point that the devs had to add a feature that gives one second of time before it is executed. Some users accused the team of hiding loading times in the prompt, but the studio has addressed the blame. The Core Technology at Insomniac Games, Fitzgerald, appeared in a ResetEra thread and clarified that the delay does not hide background loading during fast travels.
That’s a hold-to-confirm prompt, not hiding a load. If anyone wants to check, they can look at how late it’s possible to cancel it out when they’re playing,” said the dev.
The delay of a second has been added by the Insomniac Games devs in case the players change their minds midway while fast-traveling. Thus, the hold-to-confirm player prompt is an intentional feature in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 for better player usability amid fast travel. Having instantaneous fast-traveling would have resulted in having no sort of confirmation, leading to accidental possible character switching.
Last month I brought up whether we should remove the hold-to-confirm, mostly to address that accusation we were seeing. But it was correctly pointed out to me that having a confirmation window was important for player usability, which at the end of the day is far more important than Internet cred points (even though we love our Internet cred points). :)”
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Receives A 1.8 GB Pre-Release Update.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Launch Trailer Shows Sandman’s Return.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Leak Teases The Return Of An Iconic Boss Early On.
Despite the tiny intentional delay, the fast traveling in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is nearly unnoticeable. The character switching between Peter Parker and Miles Morales has zero loading, no matter how far the heroes are from each other. Many videos around social media have been popping up that showcase the commendable fast-travel system that Insomniac Games has brought in the new sequel.
Another look at Spider-Man 2's insane fast-travel system.
The fact that you can travel to any location, even the opposite corner of the map, with ZERO loading is absolutely mind-boggling.
Definitely the most seamless fast-travel system I've seen.pic.twitter.com/StOVtFgFkl
— Okami Games (@Okami13_) October 16, 2023
Despite not even fully launching publically as of now, Insomniac Games’ new sequel has become the top-rated Spidey game of all time on Metacritic. It is also the first Spider-Man title to gain the “Must Play” seal.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is set to release on October 20 for the PlayStation 5. The 86 GB pre-load has been live for a week, so it might be the best chance to download it before the game releases globally. Take a look at all the known characters here. Also, read through the write-up for all the voice actors and cast in the game. To see how the new sequel has evolved, we also suggest trekking through the top 10 unique features included in the title.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍