- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has received a rating of 91 on Metacritic based on 125 critic reviews.
- The score makes this entry the highest-rated Spider-Man game of all time, and also the first to achieve a “Must Play” seal.
- Insomniac released a pre-launch patch for the game to improve stability. Fans believe it might have also fixed a certain suit.
Insomniac Games has achieved a significant milestone ahead of the launch of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, as it’s officially the highest-rated Spider-Man game of all time. Currently, the sequel to 2018’s phenomenal adventure is sitting at a magnificent 91 on Metacritic with a whopping 125 reviews.
There have been countless Spider-Man games in the past, many of which elevated the character and broke new ground. Neversoft’s Spider-Man on the PS1 was the web-slinger’s first outing in a 3D environment while Spider-Man 2 on the PlayStation 2 redefined web-swinging, being hailed as the greatest game based on the Spidey IP. Ultimate Spider-Man garnered a ton of praise from fans too, fondly remembered as one of the gems of the golden era.
But even those games, despite being highly rated at the time, never placed in the 90s. Spider-Man (2000), Spider-Man 2 (PS2), and Ultimate Spider-Man attained a score of 87, 83, and 77 respectively. These numbers were contrasted by the failure of Spider-Man 2 (PC) and the mediocre nature of the webhead’s games during the seventh generation of consoles.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 To Have Puzzle Skip Feature On Launch
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Leak Teases The Return Of An Iconic Boss Early On
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Suit List Leaks Online Just Eleven Days Before Release
Insomniac took on the challenge and delivered in 2018 with Marvel’s Spider-Man for the PlayStation 4. Despite addressing the various grievances of fans with previous entries, the game scored an 87. The Miles Morales standalone adventure followed suit, being a more contained, stop-gap adventure.
While leaks of the game have exposed the majority of its narrative highs and lows, there were concerns among the players about its implications on reviews. With the sequel breaking through 90, it’s safe to say that Insomniac has once again delivered on its promise, even releasing a pre-launch patch. Fans believe the devs fixed a certain suit as well, showing that the team listens to feedback.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍