- A new leak for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 hints at players squaring off against Sandman early on in the game, possibly being the opening act this time around.
- Miles has gotten significantly stronger, being able to leap as high as Peter with a Charged Jump. He also has a swing animation that looks like climbing on a web line.
- Traversal seems to have been improved, as web-swinging appears to be demanding a greater degree of control and skill to avoid collision & momentum breaks.
A new leak for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has emerged, hinting at players facing off against one of Spidey’s legendary foes, the Sandman, early on in the game. The details come from a few clips that were posted on Imgur, showcasing the two Spider-Men swinging around the expanded New York.
While the leak doesn’t contain any major spoilers, the clip shows Peter talking to himself as he maneuvers around the map. Immaculately expressing his current situation, he states, “My suit is all sandy in all the wrong places. Might be time for a change.” Under normal circumstances, this dialog would feel unusual but due to hints from the first game and subsequent leaks, we can assume that Sandman might be the opening act of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
And that’s not all this leak is about. Another interesting bit here is how much Miles Morales has grown since the events of Spider-Man PS4 and his own standalone adventure. Despite training under Peter throughout The City That Never Sleeps DLC and the months before the events of his game, Morales couldn’t leap as high as Peter when using the Charged Jump with maximum force.
The first clip shows how this has changed, with Miles now being able to go over buildings of modest size in just one jump. It’s often said that Spider-Man (Peter) was astronomically strong for a 15-year-old teenager and age would only take him higher. While it may seem unusual from a gameplay perspective, perhaps Insomniac tried to portray that with Miles by using the Charged Jump as an example.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Suit List Leaks Online Just Eleven Days Before Release
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s 3D Advertising Goes Live As Game Nears Its Release
- Leak Suggests 30 Hours Is Enough To Platinum Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Another thing worth talking about is one of the web-swinging animations in the first clip. Near the end of that footage, Miles does something mid-swing that seems awfully familiar to one of the animations in swinging mods for the first two games. Furthermore, it looks as if Miles was using his web line to climb up, a mechanic we had in Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man. This may just be me reading too much into things or perhaps Insomniac will finally deliver on that front as well.
Lastly, traversal appears to have been improved even further. Earlier this year, we got our first look at the gameplay of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. It showed off a cool web slingshot mechanic, allowing us to gain tremendous speed. While the locations where you could perform this move were initially limited, you can now do it from any point as long as you are on solid ground. Web-swinging in general appears to be more challenging as it demands more control to avoid collision and momentum breaks.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍