Before you can start creating bus routes in Cities Skylines 2, you need to reach the Grand Village Milestone to get Transportation Services in the Development Tree. Once you achieve this milestone, you can begin enhancing and expanding your city’s public transportation system by setting up effective bus routes.
How To Create Bus Routes In Cities Skylines 2To create a bus route, you need to build a depot, set up bus stations, add bus stops, and create bus lines in Cities Skyline 2.
Buses are the initial mode of public transport available in the early Cities Skylines 2 and serve as the foundation of your city’s transportation network. They are a reliable and cost-effective option, although their efficiency is heavily influenced by the city’s traffic conditions.
Here is how you can create Bus Routes in Cities Skylines 2:
Build A Bus DepotTo maintain an efficient bus network, you must have a Bus Depot in Cities Skylines 2. If you haven’t done so already, build one in your city. You can also upgrade your depot by adding an extra garage to accommodate more buses. Upgrading your depot ensures that you won’t run out of buses, a common problem as your city grows.
Set Up Bus StationsBus stations act as central hubs for your bus network, enabling multiple bus lines to stop at a single location in Cities Skylines 2. To facilitate passenger transfers between different bus lines, build a bus station in your city.
Add Bus StopsThe next step is to place bus stops throughout your city. These stops serve as locations where your buses will pick up and drop off passengers.
There are two options for the bus stops:
- Basic Bus Stop Signs
- Bus Shelters
I recommend opting for the Bus Shelters as they provide additional comfort to waiting passengers and keep your citizens happy. It’s advisable to strategically position these stops across your city to ensure maximum coverage.
Create Bus LinesNow that your bus stops are in position, it’s time to establish a bus line:
- Access the bus line tool.
- Select a bus at the Bus Station and click to initiate a new route.
- Click on the bus stops in the sequence you want the bus line to follow.
- Finish the route by returning to the Bus Station and clicking to confirm the bus route.
Congratulations, you’ve now successfully created a new bus line in Cities Skylines 2.
Customize Your Bus LineOnce your bus route is established in Cities Skylines 2, you have the option to customize it to your liking:
- Modify the vehicle type for your line.
- Adjust the ticket price.
- Change the number of vehicles operating on the route.
- Set the service hours (day, night, or 24 hours).
- Choose a unique color for your line.
- Rename your line to make it more memorable and easily recognizable.
That’s everything you need to know about Bus Routes in Cities Skylines 2. Public Transport is one of the Best Ways to Make Money in Cities Skylines 2. However, don’t go overboard with the Ticket Price as it can impact your citizens’ happiness. Furthermore, the Bus Station is also one of the Best Service Upgrades as it adds six additional bus platforms.
- Cities: Skylines 2 – How To Export, Produce & Import Water
- Cities: Skylines 2 – How To Get & Connect Power
- Cities: Skylines 2 – How To Delete Pipes
- Cities: Skylines 2 – Best Starting Maps
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍