- Cyberwares are different devices that players can purchase to unlock new abilities and further upgrade themselves.
- Some Cyberware from Edgerunners was available in the game since day 1 while some were recently added with the new update.
- Unlike in Edgerunners, the game does not give the players the option to equip multiple cyberware on the same body part like the combination of Projectile Launcher and Gorilla Arms used by Maine.
After Cyberpunk’s dumpster fire of a launch back in 2020, a lot of people were left with nothing but disappointment. Despite being declared “fixed” after some time, the damages were done, and the game was not getting as much attention and coverage as the developers hoped. With the release of Cyberpunk Edgerunners, Cyberpunk 2077 got the hype boost it needed and now is one of the top games on steam. In this guide, we will inform you of all the cyberware from Edgerunners that you can get your hands on in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Sandevistan Cyberware is used by David, who is the lead protagonist of the anime. This is available in cyberpunk 2077 as well. In the game, there are different variants of the operating system available, all allowing you to move much more quickly than your opponents.
- Syn Lungs was a Cyberware david got himself implanted with in episode 4 of the anime, where he was shifting his body into chrome. In Cyberpunk 2077, we can get this Cyberware from the Ripperdoc, but it requires a body attribute.
- Gorilla arms were the iconic Cyberware used by Maine, who serves as a rough and tough mentor for David in the anime. This could be yours if you visit the Ripperdoc in the southwestern corner of wellsprings in Heywood. We briefly see David use these in the anime as well.
- Projectile launch system is another arms-based Cyberware used by Maine. This is another Cyberware used by both Maine and David. It can be obtained from the Ripperdoc in the southwest corner of wellsprings in Heywood. Unlike the anime, the game does not allow you to equip a projectile launch System and gorilla arms, as they both occupy the same slot.
- Kiroshi optics is an ocular system Cyberware used by mostly all the characters in Cyberpunk Edgerunners. You can purchase the epic version of this from victor, who is in Little China, Watson.
- This mostly summarizes all the main Cyberware which can be obtained from the game, which is from the anime; some of the versions may differ and would not provide the same effect as the anime.
Now is the best time to be a Cyberpunk fan, aside from the game already being fixed. Thanks to Cyberpunk Edgerunner’s fantastic writing, compelling characters, and jaw-dropping art direction. It gave the franchise the adrenaline boost it needed to rule over the hearts of gamers and anime fans alike. It is no surprise that the show quickly became one of Netflix’s top shows.
If this will be your first time playing Cyberpunk 2077, consider reading our Lifepaths guide because it is important to know the pros and cons of every lifepath before you make your first significant choice in the game. Now without further ado, let us start our guide.
What Is Cyberware
Cyberwares are different devices that people in the world of Cyberpunk buy to upgrade themselves and bring out their full potential. There are different types of Cyberware, and they can be divided into three categories.
The Active Cyberwares are comparable to weapons, and they need to be used manually by the players. The Triggered Cyberwares are activated when a certain condition is met. And finally, the Passive Cyberware starts doing its job in the background quietly as soon as they are installed.
Cyberware From Edgerunners
Some cyberware from the show already existed in the game since day 1, and some were recently added with the new update. One other thing to remember is that the show states multiple times that a person can go, cyber psycho, if he is packed with too much chrome. Well, you do not need to worry about that, as V going cyber psycho is simply not a mechanic in Cyberpunk 2077.
Now, let us get into all the cyberware from Edgerunners that players can get their hands on in Cyberpunk 2077.
The Gorilla Arms are seen being used by Maine, the original leader of the Crew. These Arms are hand cyberwares as they will replace the original hands of the wielder and greatly enhance their punch damage as chrome hits a lot harder than flesh.
You can even see David using the Gorilla Punch cyberware in the later episodes. These cyberwares are a must-have if you plan on wrestling in the game, and they can be acquired from a Ripperdoc clinic in the southwest corner of Wellspring.
David can be seen going through the operation to install Syn-Lungs so he can keep up with Lucy’s running. Now there are different tiers of Syn Lung in the game. The higher you go, the more expensive they get. This cyberware also requires a High Body Attribute.
The version of the Syn Lungs that David installs is the Syn-Lung 04, and it will only increase your stamina by only 10%. We would recommend saving Eurodollars and directly buying the legendary variant of this cyberware as it will increase your stamina by 25%.
Players can purchase the legendary Syn Lung from the Ripperdoc clinic in southwest Wellspring. Before we move ahead, why not read our guide on how to access flying cars in Cyberpunk 2077?
This cyberware is only recommended for players who are planning to create a Netrunner build like Kiwi and Lucy. The cyberdeck shown in the show is the Netwatch Netdriver that players can purchase from the Ripperdoc clinic in Wellsprings.
You can also try out other cyberdecks such as Tetratronic Rippler MK.5 and Arasake MK.4.
Optics are a replacement for your eyes, and Kiroshi seems to be the best in business when it comes to optics as they are used by characters in Cyberpunk Edgerunners as well as V during one of the initial phases of the game.
The Kiroshi Optics MK.3 are the best optics in the game, and you can purchase them from Victor, the Ripperdoc you are buddies with. He is much friendlier than the Ripperdoc in Edgerunners.
Projectile Launch System
The Projectile Launch System is basically a small grenade launcher in your hand as it allows you to shoot rockets. Maine can be seen using the Projectile Launch System in the show, and it is also used by David when he is infiltrating the Maelstorm gang club.
One of the downsides of the game is that you can not equip multiple Arm cyberwares at the same time, as shown in the show, meaning you can’t equip the Projectile Launch System and Gorilla Arms at the same time.
Players can purchase the Projectile Launch System from the Ripperdoc clinic in southwest Wellspring.
The Mantis Blades are one of the most iconic cyberwares in the game, and they are used by David only once in the show when he is forced to rewatch the XBD after being kidnapped by JK.
Aside from being one of the coolest weapons in the game, they are also one of the deadliest. The Mantis Blades have been available in Cyberpunk 2077 since release, and the Legendary Mantis Blades can be obtained for free in a loot box located in the Corpo Plaza, City Centre.
The Monowire is used only by Lucy in Cyberpunk Edgerunner, and it is an incredibly powerful razer-like wire that can be used to slash through enemies, making it an ideal weapon to use at close range, similar to Mantis Blades. The only sad thing is that you can not equip the Monowire and the Mantis Blades at the same time.
Like most cyberware here, you can purchase the Monowire from the Ripperdoc clinic in southwest Wellspring.
The Sandevistan is the cyberdeck used by the main character David and is probably the reason why you started reading this article in the first place. The Sandevistan became just as iconic as the Mantis Blades, thanks to Edgerunners. This cyberdeck allows the wielder to move faster than their opponents and utilize the extra speed to their advantage.
There are multiple Sandevistans that players can purchase in the game; some are more expensive than others.
- Zetatech Sandevistan
- Qiant “Warp Dancer” Sandevistan MK.5
- Qiant Sendevista MK.4
- Militech “Falcon” Sandevistan MK.5
- Dynalar Sandevistan MK.4
Players can purchase the Qiant Sendevista MK.4 from Fingers the Ripperdoc.
That wraps up our guide on what cyberware is and a list of all cyberware from Edgerunners that are now available in Cyberpunk 2077. After watching Edgerunners, many people will be playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time, and it’s only natural that they will be curious about where they can purchase all the flashy chrome they saw in the series.
If you are still heartbroken after finishing the show and want to bring nothing but pain to the Night City legend Adam Smasher then consider reading our best on BEST Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons in the game, as having these in your arsenal might give you the extra edge you need to best Adam Smasher when you finally face him.
But that’s all from us, and we hope our guide helped you. The game is available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The upcoming expansion, however, is set to release on PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC only. Did you play Cyberpunk when it was released, or are you playing it for the first time now? Let us know about it in the comment section below.
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 PC Settings
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 Cyberdecks
- Legendary Weapons Locations In Cyberpunk 2077
- Best Katanas In Cyberpunk 2077
- Best Perks In Cyberpunk 2077
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍