Edgerunners, the anime adaptation of Cyberpunk 2077 by Studio Trigger, has not only been hailed as one the best video game adaptations to date but has also served as a catalyst in reviving the game along with bringing a new audience. The intense pacing and well-written characters are the charms of the series that make you want to role-play as them as soon as you end the final episode. In today’s guide, we will entail how to make a Lucy build, the deuteragonist of Edgerunners, in Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is an action-adventure RPG set in a futuristic Night City, developed by CD Projekt Red. With the recent Edgerunners update, CD Projekt Red has included tons of references, including weapons, OSTs, and other easter eggs, making the anime canon. For all references and easter eggs, we recommend going through our guide on all Edgerunners easter eggs.
Alongside Lucy, official references to Rebecca and David are also present in the game, in the form of David’s jacket and Rebecca’s shotgun. On how to acquire them, consider going through our guide on Edgerunners Jacket and Rebecca’s Shotgun Location in Cyberpunk 2077.
- First of all, you need to download Lucy’s outfit mod and Lucy’s face mode in order to have her appearance. If you don’t have a PC or cant download modes, you can use custom presets to make your character look like Lucy.
- Regarding weapons, use Monowire as your main weapon and Unity as a secondary pistol.
- Lucy is an agile Netrunner, so make sure your build is centered around Intelligence and Reflexes.
Related: Best Cyberpunk 2077 Edgerunners Builds
Best Build For Lucy
To replicate a character in a game from media, it’s not enough to have a similar appearance and face. Equipping your character with the right weapons and cyberware is also necessary for Lucy’s build.
In contrast to David’s powerhouse combat style, Lucy is fast, sneaky, and deadly and fights more like an assassin than a warrior. For that reason, the cyberwares that you attach to her must be those of a net runner rather than a solo, nomad, or melee-focused character.
Below, we have listed all you need to know about Lucy’s Build in Cyberpunk 2077.
In addition to her hacking and stealth skills, Lucy can be seen using only two weapons in Edgerunners. Her signature weapon, Monowire, which she uses to tear through her adversaries, and a standard semi-automatic blue-colored Power Pistol called The Unity.
Luckily, you don’t need to download mods for them since they are present in the base game already. Speaking of weapons, consider going through our guide on the best melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077.
Starting off, let’s talk about Lucy’s signature weapon, Monowire. It is a battery-reliant cyberware whose attack intensity changes with the amount of charge left in the battery. For every light attack, the battery consumed is one-fifth of the charge, while the heavy attack consumes a full charge. The battery gets auto-recharged while not being used.
For each attack that connects, there’s a 10%,15%, or 20% (depending on the mod slot) chance to inflict your enemies with a Status Effect. This weapon was inspired by Cyberpunk 2020s “Slice N’Dice” cyberware and had the longest range of any melee weapon in the game.
There are three variants of Monowire in Cyberpunk 2077, which are found in the following locations.
- The Rare variant can be purchased from any Ripperdoc who is not selling the Epic or Legendary variant of Monowire. To purchase the Rare variant, you will need 20 Street Cred and €$12950.
- Epic variant requires 25 Street Cred and can be purchased for €$20650. The following vendors sell the Epic variant of Monowire.
1. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings.
2. Finn Gerstatt, aka Fingers in Japantown.
3. Octavio, located in Santo Domingo’s Rancho Coronado.
4. Unnamed Ripperdoc in Aldecaldo Mobile Camp, Rocky Ridge.
5. Ripperdoc in Santodomingo’s Arroyo sub-district.
- Legendary variants of Monowire can be purchased from the following vendors and is the variant we highly recommend if you have the street cred and money for it. You will need a 45 Street Cred and €$35650 to purchase it.
1. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Downtown, City Center.
2. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings.
If you still have any confusion, we recommend going through our guide on Monowire’s location in Cyberpunk 2077.
Along with her Monowire, Lucy uses a standard Power Pistol, “The Unity”. It’s a semiautomatic pistol made of inexpensive materials and is one of the most sought weapons in Night City. You can further enhance it through attachments and perks.
Unity can be purchased from the following vendors.
- All variants of Unity, from Epic to Common, can be purchased from
1. Maelstorm Weapon Vendor in Northside, Watson.
2. Robert Wilson in Megabuilding H10, Watson, Little China.
3. Owner of Kabuki Roundabout in Kabuki, Watson.
4. Owner of Lots of Guns in Northside, Watson.
- The Legendary variant of Unity can be bought from Robert Wilson in Megabuilding H10, Watson, Little China.
For those of you on PC, we recommend downloading Edgerunner Pistol Mod, which essentially replaces Unity’s model with Lucy’s Pistol.
Obviously, Lucy’s Monowire isn’t responsible for her hacking skills and speed. That is where her attachments or Cyberware come into play. Even though you can attach any speed or hacking Cyberware to Lucy, attaching the following Cyberware to her will help you replicate her agility and combat in Cyberpunk 2077.
Speaking of cyberware, also consider going through our guide on all Edgerunners Cyberware in Cyberpunk 2077.
Optical Camo allows you to turn invisible for a short period of time. Its timing and cooldown vary with the rarity of the cyberware. The invisibility granted by the Rare variant is 10 seconds, while the invisibility granted by the Epic variant is 15 seconds. Likewise, the cooldown of the Rare variant is 60 seconds, and the cooldown for the Legendary variant is 45 seconds.
Related: Cyberpunk 2077: Best Ripperdocs Locations
- The Rare variant of Optical camo can be bought from the Ripperdoc in West Wind Estate, Pacifica, for €$10000.
- The Epic variant of Optical Camo can be purchased from Robert Rainwater, located in Watson’s sub-district Kabuki, for €$16000.
- Both the Legendary and Rare variants can be bought from Octavio, who can be found in Santo Domingo’s sub-district, Rancho Coronado. The requirements for buying the Legendary variant are 39 Street Cred and €$28000.
Moving on, the second Cyberware we recommend for Lucy is Kerenzikov. This cyberware allows you to aim and shoot while dodging the bullets and attacks of your opponents. In order to have better control of your attack direction. This cyberware further allows you to slow down time.
Depending on the rarity of the cyberware, you will be able to slow down time by 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, and 90% for 1.5,1.8, 2.5, and 3.5 seconds respectively. Furthermore, you need to invest in the Reflexes attribute to use this more effectively, which we will be discussing in more detail below.
- The Common variant of Kerenzikov can be purchased from pretty much any Ripperdoc in the game. Just make sure the Ripperdocs in question don’t have any higher rarity variants available. The common variant can be bought for €$4000.
- The Uncommon variant is available at a retail price of €$6000. This variant can be bought from the following vendors.
1. Finn Gerstatt, aka Fingers in Japantown.
2. Unnamed Ripperdoc in Aldecaldo Mobile Camp, Rocky Ridge.
3. Octavio, located in Santo Domingo’s Rancho Coronado.
4. Ripperdoc in Santodomingo’s Arroyo sub-district.
5. Ripperdoc in West Wind Estate, Pacifica
- The Rare variant can be bought from the following vendors at a price of €$10000.
1. Ripperdoc in Santodomingo’s Arroyo sub-district.
2. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings.
3. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Downtown, City Center.
- The Epic variant of Kerenzikov can be purchased from Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings for €$16000.
- The Legendary variant of this cyberware can be purchased from the Ripperdoc in Santodomingo’s Arroyo sub-district. The requirements for purchase are 34 Street Cred and €$28000.
A maneuvering system is another cyberware that will enhance the agility and dodges of your character. This cyberware will let you perform dodges in midair. The Maneuvering system requires 14 points in Reflexes.
The Maneuvering system can only be purchased from the Ripperdoc in Santodomingo’s Arroyo sub-district for €$2000.
In order to keep a constant flow and momentum, we highly recommend equipping Bioconductor. This cyberware allows you to extend the duration of all other cyberware by 10%, 20%, or 30%, depending on the rarity of the Bioconductor.
Bioconductor requires at least 12 points in Body for rare rarity, 15 points of Epic, and 18 points for Legendary rarity.
- Bioconductor’s Rare variant is available at a price of €$4000 and can be purchased from the following vendors:
1. Unnamed Ripperdoc in Aldecaldo Mobile Camp, Rocky Ridge.
2. Octavio, located in Santo Domingo’s Rancho Coronado.
- Following, vendors sell the Epic variant of Bioconductor at a price of €$6400.
1. Ripperdoc, Charles Bucks in Northern Kabuki.
2. Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings.
- The Legendary variant of Bioconductor can be bought from the Ripperdoc in Aldecaldo Mobile Camp, Rocky Ridge.
NetWatch Netdriver Mk.5
Netdriver Mk.5 is a cyberware developed by NetWatch to increase the installation slots of Quickhacks. With a base RAM of 11 and a Buffer Size of 8, Netdriver Mk.5 allows you to upload 6 quickhacks to 3 targets within a radius of 6 meters.
Furthermore, it also increases the damage dealt by quickhacks, RAM recovery rate, and spread distance. Netdriver Mk.5 comes with the following device hacks:
- Distract Enemies
- Camera Control
- Breach Protocol
- Initiate Overload
- Friendly Mode
- Assist Mode
- Take Control
It’s a Legendary cyberware and can be purchased from Don Ryder’s Ripperdoc in Wellsprings for €$35000.
Now let’s discuss the appearance. Naturally, when you role-play as a character from another media in an RPG, you try to make your custom character as source accurate as possible. As of now, there aren’t any official presets or clothing options to make your character look like Lucy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make your character dress and look like her.
If you have a decent PC, then you are in massive luck because of the wonderful modding community of Cyberpunk 2077, which has done a great job of replicating Lucy’s face and clothes. Not only are they highly detailed, but they look as if they were added via an official update.
However, if you have the game on a console, you still aren’t entirely out of luck because below, we have also discussed the character preset to make your custom character look as close to Lucy as possible.
When it comes to modding, you only need to download 2 mods: Lucy’s outfit and Lucy’s face mod. The outfit mods include everything from her makeup and jacket to her hair. Using the outfit mod allows you to apply Lucy’s appearance to V. However, the outfit mod won’t change the face, which is where the face mod comes into play.
All details regarding the requirements and extra downloads are available on their website. It’s a hassle at first, but the end result is 100% worth it. Below, we have shared the final look, showcasing how she will look in the end.
Speaking of mods, why not go through our guide on flying cars in Cyberpunk 2077?
For those on consoles, we recommend using the following preset for Lucy’s face:
- Skin Tone: 1st color on the left in 1st row.
- Skin Type: 4
- Hairstyle: 5
- Hair Color: 5th color from the left in the 6th row.
- Eyes: 6
- Eye Color: 1st color from the left in the 4th row.
- Eyebrows: 2
- Eyebrow Color: 3rd color from the left in the 5th row.
- Eyelash Color: 1st color from the left in the 5th row.
- Nose: 5
- Mouth: 16
- Jaw: 6
- Ears: 1
- Beard: N/A
- Beard Color: N/A
- Cyberware: Off
- Facial Scars: Off
- Facial Tattoos: Off
- Piercings: Off
- Piercing Color: N/A
- Teeth: 00
- Eye Makeup: 4
- Eye Makeup Color: 4th color from the left in 2nd row.
- Lip Makeup: 13
- Style: Default
- Lip Makeup Color: 1st color from the left in 3rd row.
- Cheek Makeup: Off
- Cheek Makeup Color: N/A
- Blemishes: Off
- Blemishes Color: N/A
- Nails: Short
- Nail Color: 1st color from left in 1st row
- Body Tattoos: Off
- Body Scars: Off
Regarding the outfit, put anything on her if you like. Any white-colored jacket or bustier with black tight jeans will do the trick. Additionally, you can also check out our guide on the locations of all Legendary clothes in Cyberpyunk 2077 and see if you can find something that resembles Lucy’s clothes.
Credit to Kali Gaming for the presets.
Attributes & Perks
Lucy is an agile master Netrunner, having high command over what she does. So for the Lucy build, it would make sense to invest most of your character points in Reflex and Intelligence, in order to use Monowire and other Netrunner hacking abilities, respectively. At the same time, don’t go all in on these skills and save some for Cool and Body too, so let’s discuss how much to invest where.
Speaking of perks, why not go through our guide on the best perks in Cyberpunk 2077?
As mentioned above, contributing to the Intelligence attribute will increase your netrunning proficiency. With each point invested in Intelligence, your cyberdeck RAM, quickhack damage, and quickchack duration will increase by 4%, 10%, and 1%, respectively. Speaking of cyberdeck, also consider going through our guide on best cyberdecks in Cyberpunk 2077.
Inside the Intelligence tab, you will find two skill trees, Breach Protocol and Quickhacking. Within each skill tree, you can find a plethora of perks to unlock in exchange for EXP.
For example, if you want to unlock Quickhacking perks, your will need Quickhacking EXP, which can be earned by performing quickhacks during the gameplay. The same goes for Breach Protocol.
- Mass Vulnerability: This perk reduces the Physical Resistance by a certain percentage, depending on your level. At level 1, the resistance is decreased by 30% for 3 mins, and at level 2, the duration is extended to 6 mins.
- Mass Vulnerability Resistances: Unlocking this perk reduces All enemy Resistances in the network by 30%
- Mass Vulnerability Quickhacks: Another perk that enhances the Mass Vulnerability perk by allowing you to deal 30% more damage from quickhacks.
- Subliminal Message: This perk raises the damage you deal to unaware targets by 50-100% to unaware targets.
- Critical Error: With this perk unlocked, you will deal with Critical Hits to your opponents based on your Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats.
- Bloodware: Quickhacks will deal 10%, 20%, or 30% damage based on your perk level.
The second very important attribute of Lucy’s build is Reflexes because the main weapon you will be using for your playthrough, Monowire, scales directly with Reflexes. “Reflexes” is directly proportional to your speed, maneuverability, and overall movement.
Each point poured into the Reflexes attribute will raise Critical Chance by 0.25%, damage by Monowire and Mantis Blade by 3, and Mitigation chance by 0.75%.
For Lucy’s Build, the only skill tree we will be concerning ourselves with is Blades since that’s the skill tree related to Monowire. Additionally, you can unlock perks related to Handguns in the Handguns skill tree, too, to increase the damage dealt by Unity.
- Deathbolt: With this perk unlocked, every time you take down an enemy, your stamina and health are restored by 20%, and your movement speed is increased by 30% for 5 seconds.
- Sting Like A Bee: Depending on your level, your attack speed while wielding Blades will increase by 10%, 20%, or 30%.
- Fiery Blast: For every 1% health the enemy is missing, your damage with blades will increase by 1%, 2%, or 3%.
- Bloodlust: After inflicting a Bleeding status on an enemy, hitting that opponent will restore your HP by 2-4%.
- Jude, Jury, and Executioner: Depending on your perk level, hitting an opponent with max health will allow you to deal increased damage up to 50%, 75%, or 100%.
Investing in this attribute will raise your resilience, composure, and effectiveness during stealth. Each point contributed to the Cool attribute will raise your Critical Damage by 10%, all Resistances by 1%, stealth damage by 10%, enemy grapple duration by 1 sec, and reduces the speed at which the enemy detects you during stealth by 0.5%.
In order to gain EXP in the Ninjutsu skill tree, perform as many stealth kills as possible and dump the body in designated containers afterward. Regarding the Cold Blood skill tree, perform as many kills as possible while the “Cold Blood perk” is active in order to gain EXP in this skill tree.
- Assassin: This perk allows you to deal 15% more damage to human enemies
- Strike From the Shadows: Your Critical Chance is raised by 7% when sneaking
- Crouching Tiger: The movement speed while crouching is increased by 20%
- Ghost: The time it takes for you to get detected is increased by 20-40%, depending on your perk level
- Cold Blood: Every time to take down an enemy, you receive a Cold Blood status, which increases your movement speed by 2% for 7 seconds and can stack up to 3 times.
- Blood Brawl: After activating Cold Blood, the damage you deal with melee weapons is increased by 5-10%.
- Predator: The attack speed of your melee weapons is increased by 10-30% per stack of Cold Blood.
Body directly increases your physical stats. Each level of the Body raises your Health by 5 Points, Stamina by 3 Points, damage via fists by 3 Points, and melee damage by 1.5%. Additionally, this attribute allows you to force open doors and increases your mobility while grappling an enemy.
EXP for the Athletics skill tree can be gained by depleting Stamina. Stamina can be depleted by sprinting, jumping, sliding, and swinging melee weapons. Activating the Berserk mod and force-opening doors also lets you earn Athletics EXP.
Steel and Chrome: This perk raises your melee damage by 10-20%, depending on your perk level.
This concludes our guide on Lucy Build in Cyberpunk 2077. We hope our guide helped in creating the best Lucy build.
Cyberpunk 2077 is currently available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Microsoft Windows.
Credit: Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki
Next: Best Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepaths
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍