- CD Projekt Red has released some highlights of Cyberpunk 2077‘s patch 2.01, which contains much-needed performance improvements and some bug fixes.
- The corrupted saves on PlayStation will be fixed in this update, but previous corrupted save files will still not work. Players will need to keep a working save till 2.01 arrives.
- A release date has not been given thus far, and players can expect more changes to be added to these patch notes shortly.
- Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on December 10, 2020, with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions releasing on February 15, 2022.
The patch notes for v2.01 of Cyberpunk 2077 reveal some much-needed performance improvements, especially in the Dogtown area. An issue with corrupted save files on the PlayStation should also be fixed now with the increase of the maximum save file size limit. Some bugs, alongside minor changes, will also be added after this update, the release date of which remains unknown. We can expect the addition of more patch notes later on.
The distorted effect that occurs after a player selects a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer be persistent. An annoying bug that has caused the death of V many times during The Heist, where players would fall through the elevator when going up to the 42nd floor with low FPS, should now be fixed.
Another issue that caused the UI to show controller inputs despite the player playing with the mouse and keyboard will be addressed. After this update, players will find it easy to properly switch arms cyberware by cycling through weapons. Additionally, the Gig: Breaking News will be triggered as intended when you approach the quest area.
The vehicle radio volume will be adjusted in this update, making it louder so the other sounds in-game do not overshadow it completely. But perhaps the most significant change would be to the maximum save file size limit, which has been increased for PlayStation versions to fix corrupted saves players had been facing as of late. However, it won’t fix corrupted saves before the update, so players need to keep a working save till 2.01 arrives.
Many players had reported a massive FPS drop in Dogtown, which should also be fixed in this update. Even so, the scale of these improvements has not been specified, so players should keep their expectations in check. Moreover, these are just the highlights, and we can expect the list of patch notes to increase along with an official release date.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Announces Free In-Game Goods For Phantom Liberty
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty’s Main Quest Can Be Failed Permanently At The Start
- Cyberpunk 2077 Amasses More Concurrent Steam Players Than Starfield After Update 2.0
Cyberpunk 2077 is an action role-playing game developed by CD Projekt Red and published by CD Projekt. The game was released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on December 10, 2020, with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions releasing on February 15, 2022. It received very mixed reviews upon launch and has only recently redeemed itself with the release of update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍