- Cyberpunk 2077 has been out since December 2020 but it’s only in recent times that the first-person shooter action RPG has been revived from the depths of post-launch hell.
- Following the release of Update 2.0 — a massive overhaul for the game that improves upon many of its systems — along with Phantom Liberty, the title’s first and final DLC expansion — Cyberpunk 2077’s playerbase has skyrocketed in numbers.
- In recent times, the developers have announced new in-game goodies for players to redeem for free. The items are part of Cyberpunk 2077’s My Rewards program and are exclusive to the Phantom Liberty expansion.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty players continue to have a blast as a region of the in-game world opens up, namely Dogtown, and allows aspiring gamers to further explore Night City, all the while featuring Idris Elba’s Solomon Reed as a supporting character. If you’re playing the expansion and haven’t looked at the My Rewards handle for redeeming awesome in-game goodies yet, now might be a good time.
CD Projekt Red has brought a number of exclusive digital items for players to enjoy, including the Rarog Vest, Wild Hunt Jacket, Gwynbelidd, Scorch, and Gwent T-Shirt. As you may have noticed, not all of these collectibles hail from the Cyberpunk universe alone—there is the involvement of The Witcher and Gwent: The Witcher Card Game as well.
To get started, head on over to the My Rewards page on Cyberpunk 2077’s official website and sign up for the program there. It bears iterating that these rewards are in association with GOG.com, so you will need an account there to download all this good in-game stuff. Moreover, items such as the Gwynbleidd, Scorch, and Gwent T-Shirt require you to have played The Witcher 3 and Gwent from your account.
Doing so will make you eligible for the rewards right off the bat. That said, in case you haven’t played those two games before, feel free to redeem the items that are associated with just Phantom Liberty. The devs announced in recent times that in addition to the wearable clothing, you can have Cyberpunk 2077’s original score and “Tapes of Night City,” which is a collection of all the songs played in the game.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty’s Main Quest Can Be Failed Permanently At The Start
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Can Now Be Pre-Loaded On Consoles
- CDPR Dev Shuts Down Rumors Of Elon Musk’s Cameo In Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 in 2023 has about 180,000 concurrent players on Steam at the moment, signifying the sheer resurgence that the action RPG has made. Over the years, it seems that the developer CD Projekt Red never gave up on its first-person shooter title, and eventually found a way to revive it in the name of Update 2.0 and its major DLC expansion Phantom Liberty.
Following the arrival of the new patch, Cyberpunk 2077 has even gone way past the concurrent peak player count of Starfield on Steam, amassing about 245,000 players. Starfield is Xbox’s latest current-gen exclusive and has come out after years and years of anticipation and hype, just so you know. At the moment, it seems to have around 70,000 concurrent players on SteamDB, minus those on Xbox.
In other news, Phantom Liberty is Cyberpunk 2077’s first and final major campaign expansion. It’s not that CDPR has run out of ideas or anything, but the decision arises from taking technical concerns into account, as clarified by the studio’s SVP of business development, Michał Nowakowski. Earlier this year, Michael said,
The decision has already been made – as we’ve announced, we’re not going to make a 2nd or 3rd expansion; this is the only expansion for the game; it has nothing to do with how satisfied we are with sales; rather, it’s a technical decision.”
Cyberpunk 2077 has been out since December 2020 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In February 2022, the FPS received a next-gen patch for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Phantom Liberty, on the other hand, was released on September 26, 2023, for current-gen consoles and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍