- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC can now be pre-loaded on the current-gen PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. However, no pre-load is currently available for PC nor officially confirmed.
- The pre-load is working correctly on the Xbox Series consoles but not on the PlayStation 5. Some users have reported that the pre-load is broken on the platform.
- The Phantom Liberty expansion is bringing plenty of features and a new storyline that may save the protagonist’s life. It takes place in the dark and shady district of Dogtown.
- The DLC is also anticipated to skyrocket the concurrent users when it releases on September 26 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series consoles.
Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update is quite a huge shift to the game, improving it in almost every way. Regardless, many eyes are still focused on the major expansion that is on the way. The Phantom Liberty DLC can now be pre-loaded on the current-gen PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. While the pre-load has been available since yesterday for some users, the CD Projekt Red Global Community Director Marcin Momot has reminded us again.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty preload should be up on both Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X/S now. Thank you for your patience.🙏
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) September 25, 2023
It is the best chance for gamers to pre-load it early before the expansion is eventually released to the public. The pre-load seems to work immaculately for the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles. However, some players are reporting that it is completely broken for the PlayStation 5.
same issue from my side
— Bartosz S (@BartoszS19) September 25, 2023
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Lets Players Acquire Iconic Weapons They Might Have Missed.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 Is Live; Overhauled Gameplay Systems & Performance Improvements.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 Pays Homage To The Edgerunners Anime.
CD Projekt Red also recently acknowledged that the pre-loading is not working correctly for the PlayStation 5. The devs have provided a workaround for the impediment, but it may not work for everyone. Moreover, there is no option to pre-load on a PC; CD Projekt Red has not exactly clarified whether we will get a PC pre-load in the first place.
⚠️Important information for PlayStation 5 gamers — If you purchased the Cyberpunk 2077 + Phantom Liberty bundle, to download Phantom Liberty claim it from the PlayStation Store by pressing "download" once the game releases at midnight local time. We apologize for the lack of a… pic.twitter.com/glld9mPbp1
— CD PROJEKT RED CS (@CDPRED_Support) September 25, 2023
The Phantom Liberty DLC is bringing plenty of features and a new storyline that may just save the life of our badass protagonist. The new action-packed adventure sequences will take place in the dark and gritty district of Dogtown, where players will embark on a thrilling journey of a massive rescue mission. It completely overhauls the entire game.
Additionally, the Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update was relished by nearly 110,000 players on Steam soon after release. The concurrent player count is expected to rise to even greater heights after the DLC officially launches worldwide.
The initial Cyberpunk 2077 launch was called a tragedy by one of the devs in CD Projekt Red. It arrived after years of delays on December 10, 2021, for PlayStation 4, Stadia, Xbox One, and PC, followed by PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X on February 15, 2022. The Phantom Liberty DLC will be released on September 26, 2023, for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series consoles. It is skipping last-gen.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍