- Cyberpunk 2077 has been making headlines once again, but not for the same reason again, thankfully. The game appears to be in better shape, more than ever before, and following the arrival of Update 2.0, the RPG action shooter has been thoroughly reinvigorated for the better.
- As per a recent rumor circulating on the internet, popular real-life personality Elon Musk was thought to have been part of Cyberpunk 2077, but the recent update changed his character to someone else.
- Seeing this, a Cyberpunk 2077 developer took to Twitter and clarified that there was no Elon Musk in the game in the first place, let alone changing his character.
Cyberpunk 2077 already features one of the best celebrities in the world in-game, so it’s not too far off to assume that it would have another one joining in. In recent times, rumors spread out on the internet like wildfire, stating that Elon Musk — world-renowned billionaire and the owner of Tesla and SpaceX– has somehow landed on CD Projekt Red’s 2020 RPG.
But, of course, someone from the higher-ups had to get to the bottom of the situation and address fans about whether Elon was actually in the game. Therefore, the story recently fell under Patrick K. Mills‘s radar, who happens to be CD Projekt Red’s Quest Designer, and the dev stepped up to clarify the matter right away. Evidently, there was no Elon in the first place, let alone his concerned removal.
That wasn't Elon musk, it looks nothing like him
Who came up with this nonsense? https://t.co/usPO94IFhD
— Patrick K. Mills (@PKernaghan) September 22, 2023
According to what the Twitter user Virus Kid shared on their profile, two photos are seemingly compared to each other side by side. The first image is reportedly before Update 2.0, which has changed Cyberpunk 2077 right from the ground up, and shows a man on the right side that bears some resemblance to Elon Musk, but not entirely if we’re being honest.
The picture on the right is from after the latest patch, and it evidently shows a different man with another outfit as compared to the NPC in the other photo. Anyhow, it’s clear now that there wasn’t an Elon to begin with, only someone who barely looked like him, as per Patrick Mills. Fans have a lot of things to look forward to with Cyberpunk 2077 in question, but unfortunately, the world’s richest man isn’t going to be one of them.
Other Content to Read Up On:
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Gameplay Footage Leaks Online
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Explain Why The Game Will Only Get A Single DLC
- CDPR Lead Condemns Gamers For Comparing Starfield With Cyberpunk 2077
In other news, Cyberpunk’s resurgence has been something to behold over the course of the past year or so. The arrival of Update 2.0, for starters, has pumped the once-disastrous RPG full of new life, introducing overhauled gameplay systems, performance improvements, and an enhanced Night City that looks and feels better than ever before.
I presume this is one of the reasons why the title has already amassed over 115,000 concurrent Steam players, and this is even without Phantom Liberty coming out yet—the one and only expansion of Cyberpunk 2077, all set to introduce an exciting narrative to the in-game world along with the inclusion of a new character as well.
Cyberpunk 2077 has been out for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC since December 10, 2020, with the developer CD Projekt Red releasing an enhanced version of the RPG for the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 in February 2022. The game’s DLC expansion Phantom Liberty is slated to arrive on September 26, about two days from now.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍