Among the many eccentric champions, Darrius in Mortal Kombat is truly one of a kind. However, he does have a lousy reputation tied to his kit, but that’s mainly because of the unfortunate 3-D era. Netherrealm Studios has kept Darrius’ silly and brute nature and preserved his wittiness. Nonetheless, as surprising as his appearance is, his improved design looks fantastic.
Who Is Darrius In Mortal Kombat?
Darrius is an ambitious and charismatic Mortal Kombat champion fighting for the Realm of Order and is infamously known for starting riots in Orderrealm.
Unfortunately, Darrius is possibly one of the most unpopular characters in the entire franchise because of how long it has been since we have seen him. He is an integral part of the Orderrealm lore in Mortal Kombat. He was teased as the person behind the riots in the earlier titles, but this time, he has been acknowledged as their leader.
However, despite being an essential part of the Orderream lore, he may not share much screen time. According to the Kameos that Ed Boon (Co-Creator of MortalKombat) talked about, it is highly likely that we may not see much of him in the actual story of Mortal Kombat 1.
Some additional character features of Darrius are listed as follows:
- Darrius is not currently a playable character in Mortal Kombat 1.
- He is a part of the new “Kameo” game characters and only appears as an assist champion during some combos.
- So far, Darrius has only been a melee-focused champion during his assists.
Mortal Kombat 1 Darrius Changes
Mortal Kombat has introduced a number of changes to multiple characters, with some of the more notable recipients being Scorpion and Raiden. Similarly, Darrius was not left out regarding changes to fit him in the current setting better.
The Darrius Mortal Kombat costume has seen some notable changes despite being just a Kameo appearance. The costume transitioned into a more streamlined look with a more futuristic theme. His previous costume did have a certain flare to it, but the new one brings out a more witty outlook for Darrius (like his Brutality Combo).
Some of the more notable changes made to Darrius are listed as follows:
- Darrius’ lore has seen a considerable change as he is now the Resistance leader in the Realm of Order.
- Additionally, the Darrius Mortal Kombat Age character aspect has not yet been confirmed in lore but is speculated to be anywhere between the 30s and 40s.
- His kit remains the same, but the cinematic angles for his combos have changed in contrast to Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Deception.
- The famous projectile move is not yet available as a combo attack when playing with Darrius Kameo.
That concludes the Darrius character guide. Even though he is just a Kameo fighter, many players have started using his kit creatively and effectively. While here, consider checking out a similar guide like the Scorpion Second Fatality guide. If that isn’t to your liking, you can always learn about How to Unlock Havik.
- Mortal Kombat 1: All Fighters Ranked
- Mortal Kombat 1: Invasion Mode
- Mortal Kombat 1: How To Unlock Fatalities
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍