The Lost Ark an error has occurred exiting the game prompt is nothing but irksome, barring several from getting into the game at all. The error is currently making rounds on the internet with multiple player reports pouring in. If you’re one of the affectees in this unfortunate situation, keep on reading to discover the problem’s best fixes.
Smilegate RPG is definitely on the right path with one of its most prized free-to-play IPs, making it possible for RPG enthusiasts to live a realistic simulation experience. However, for all that the first-person survival thriller does right, there is quite a number of issues that pop up for Lost Ark here and there just as well.
Read on as we discover what makes the problem in question tick, including all the different ways you can resolve it on the fly. In the meantime, do consider checking out a related error called Lost Ark Not Loading.
What Is Lost Ark An Error Has Occurred Exiting The Game?
Lost Ark is a pretty consistent title for the most part, but having a live-service nature, it still isn’t prone to the depth of issues commonplace across titles of the genre. The an error occurred exiting the game Lost Ark hassle is highly arbitrary.
One time you’re playing the game swimmingly, but the next time you try logging in, you’re met with the problem on your end without prior notice. From what we can gather after reading through player reports extensively, the bother springs up after a major game update where the servers have been rendered useless for some time.
In addition to that, people have had it happen to them during switching characters, so it purely seems like an issue from the side of the developers. However, let’s take a closer look at the matter and talk about the origin of the problem in a bit more detail.
What Causes The Error?
The issue in question either relates to the back-end where the developers of the title—Smilegate RPG—have pulled the servers for downtime. This usually happens during scheduled maintenance periods, so there isn’t truly much that you can do from your side in that case.
However, it’s certainly possible that the issue is related to your internet connection and the device that you’re trying to play Lost Ark on. To get down to the bottom of the scenario, we highly advise going through the following section diligently and determining the true cause of the error.
How To Fix An Error Has Occurred Exiting The Game In Lost Ark
The following is our round-up of the most robust possible solutions there are to this vexing issue. Be sure to implement them all step-by-step for nothing but the best results.
Confirm That The Game’s Servers Are Online
Prior to fixing the game yourself, it’s imminent for you to delve into the server availability of Lost Ark. More often than not, it’s the actual server status of the game that will determine whether you can play the title or not. If Lost Ark is currently experiencing downtime, you won’t be able to get going with the action RPG at all.
A quick and easy way of sorting this out is the Lost Ark Service Status page which has been curated by the developers themselves. It’s there to let curious players know whether the servers are working fine or have been taken down for scheduled maintenance. A bug in the mainframe is another possible reason for server downtime.
Some other quality sources include the Lost Ark subreddit where players usually start posting in case things aren’t normal on their end. Another way you can acknowledge problems with the title is by heading over to the Lost Ark Twitter page where official updates pour in on a consistent basis.
As soon as you have confirmed that the problem in question isn’t on the side of the developers, you may as well proceed with the following potential solutions and start taking matters into your own hands. Let’s start with a clean boot to see whether that can help us in our situation.
Use A Clean Boot
A clean boot is a highly specialized manner of restarting your PC. It serves the purpose of refreshing the system as a whole and more or less guarantees higher performance than what the device was previously capable of. However, there are certain prerequisites to a clean boot being actually effective.
For starters, you might inadvertently be running a hefty ton of background processes on your PC, thereby causing slow performance and a network of other issues. All in all, the lesser availability of system resources might be hindering your PC’s capability to run Lost Ark the right way.
Since a bevy of other users have somehow resolved the Lost Ark an error has occurred exiting the game bother just by clean booting the PC, we don’t see any reason you shouldn’t be getting into the matter just as well. The following steps are going to take it from here.
- Get started by firing up the “Run” system utility and typing in “msconfig.” Press the “Enter” key afterward to get to the next step.
- As you get to the System Configuration section of your Windows PC, make way to the “General” tab and focus your attention on the “Selective startup” area. Click on the box beside “Load startup items” to unselect it and move toward the next step.
- Right after that, click on the “Services” tab right beside “Boot” and click on the “Hide Microsoft Services” prompt. Following that action, simply tap on the “Disable all” feature to get going with the process. Basically, we’re trying to remove all non-Microsoft services from running on our Windows PC.
- You’re close to the final step now. All you have to do is open the Task Manager using the “Ctrl,’ “Shift,” and “Esc” keys. Once done, click on the “Startup” tab near the top section and continue toward disabling all the enlisted services. You’ll do this step-by-step by first clicking on the service and then selecting “Disable.” Repeat the process until you’re finished with every entry.
- The final step is nothing but straightforward. Restart your PC to apply the changes. Doing so should be a cakewalk for both beginner and expert users alike.
That’s about it for clean booting a Windows PC. Try launching Lost Ark afterward to determine whether doing so has proved to be valuable or not. Keep on reading to try other solutions if you’re still struggling with playing the game.
Try Disabling Your Antivirus Software
From the way we see it, turning off your antivirus software momentarily is a well-grounded fix to the Lost Ark an error has occurred exiting the game scenario. You might as well give it a shot on your end and double-check whether any like-minded tool is blocking Lost Ark from running as it should.
There are a number of different programs out there, including Webroot Antivirus Software that can inadvertently hinder certain applications from gaining flight. It’s either that or Windows Firewall that’s impeding Lost Ark in one way or the other, thereby giving rise to the issue at hand.
Therefore, in the case that you have any third-party antivirus software installed on your PC, try disabling it for the time being. As for Firewall, venture into your PC’s “Settings,” select the “Update and Security” option, and tick off the following options to finalize the process.
Run the game afterward to confirm whether the issue resided within your anti-virus software or not. In the case that the title still gives you issues, you need to try out the following options that we have curated for you ahead.
Make Lost Ark An Exception on Firewall
Another reason you’re just not able to get it right with Lost Ark pertains to your Windows Firewall security program. The latter is your operating system’s defense mechanism that scours your device day and night to dig out possible threats. There is an off chance that it has done the same for Lost Ark.
We’ll just be quickly getting into a fairly straightforward procedure where we will allow the Lost Ark executable file app through Windows Firewall. Doing so will help us confirm whether it’s the PC’s security measure that’s preventing the MMORPG from connecting to its servers. Let’s dive right into the steps with no further ado.
- Get the ball rolling by firing up the “Firewall and network protection” section of your Windows PC’s settings. Look for this utility using the search bar in the bottom-left corner of the Windows 10 interface.
- The next step is to click on the “Allow an app through firewall” button located in the latter part of the window that you should now be seeing on your screen.
- Right after that, you’ll be taken to a new window on the screen. Here, the first step to getting things in motion is to click on the “Change settings” button. Doing so will allow you to click on the “Allow another app” button. It’s only after finishing off the latter that you’ll be able to continue to the next step.
- The rest of the procedure is nothing but straightforward. All you have to do is look for the Lost Ark executable application on your end to add to the list of allowed Firewall applications. Click on the “Browse” option that you’ll visualize in the subsequently appearing window after completing the previous step to get started.
- Look for the Lost Ark app on your end to get it done. Ideally, you’ll be able to dig it up through the “steamapps” folder in your File Explorer system utility. Head over to that folder, click on “common” next and finalize by clicking on “Lost Ark.”
- Confirm your selection and add the executable file to the list of allowed Firewall apps. You will need to click on the “Add” button as well, similar to how we’ve depicted in the screenshot below.
- Before you can sign off for the day, make sure to check the “Public” and “Private” boxes for the allowed Lost Ark executable application to render things perfect in this sense. In case Windows Firewall was hindering your playability before, you won’t have to run into that issue all anymore.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve successfully allowed the application through Windows Firewall, so it’s now only a matter of time before you can get started with Lost Ark. Fire the game up to determine whether you can get into it now. If the IP still manages to give you trouble, go ahead and try the following on your end.
Authenticate Lost Ark’s Game Files Through Steam
Steam, being one of the world’s best PC gaming launchers, doesn’t come without an extensive range of features. One of the functionalities that the program proudly boasts is called “Verify integrity of game files.” Upon executing this feature, you will be able to identify missing or corrupt files for a particular Steam game.
What happens is that Steam checks locally installed files present on your PC and cross-references them with the ones installed on Steam’s own servers. In the case that any hiccups are found, repairs are issued accordingly. Pretty nifty, wouldn’t you agree?
We can do this with Smilegate RPG’s most well-renowned IP to test whether the an error has occurred exiting the game Lost Ark issue can be resolved in the wake of it. The following steps are going to guide you on how to properly execute the verification feature on Steam.
- The first step is to fire up the Steam launcher, hover over to the “Library” section, and right-click on “Lost Ark” in the side panel. You should be able to click on “Properties” subsequently.
- A window will pop up on the screen as soon as you’re done with the first step. Here, select “Local Files” on the left-hand side, followed by clicking on “Verify integrity of game files.” Doing so work like a charm, prompting a progress tracker to appear on the screen to walk you through the process.
That’s about it for verifying Lost Ark’s files on Steam. If it was a missing or corrupted file that was preventing you from getting into the title, you will be able to fly past the error prompt and log right into the servers. However, if not even this nifty feature of the Steam launcher helps resolve the issue, keep on reading for the final fix.
Carry On With A Reinstall
Reinstalling Lost Ark seems like the only way forward if you’ve tried everything on the list so far but nothing has come to fruition still. Several players suffering from the hassle at hand have managed to get their game to work right after a successful reinstallation. The effort holds true for Lost Ark Disk Write Error as well.
Head over to your Steam library to rid the app of your PC from there. Alternatively, the “Add or remove programs” section on your device’s “Settings” can also allow you to go forth with the uninstallation of Lost Ark. As soon as you’ve done that, get the game back from the Steam launcher and proceed toward a reinstallation.
Try launching Lost Ark from the Steam launcher to check whether the error still pops up. You should hopefully be able to enjoy the MMORPG swimmingly now, given that a reinstallation has thoroughly paid off.
Lost Ark has its own unique way of bringing forth a high-quality open-world RPG to the table of free-to-play games out on PC. It’s loaded to the brim with features and includes a diversity of different ways to play. Being a role-playing title, there is a variety of different classes to master and don devastating weapons with.
You might as well embark on a continent-spanning adventure during one playthrough or perhaps, take on other vicious players in its PvP mode. For a title that’s entirely free-to-play and doesn’t comprise any content locked behind a paywall, Lost Ark is actually a pretty fantastic title.
Players who love riding solo will find their fix of satisfaction within Arkesia as well. There’s no compelling force restricting you to join other adventurers in your stride, but it is pretty fruitful having a band of elite warriors accompanying you when things get rough and a whole lot tough.
Apart from everything that Lost Ark does right, it is, unfortunately, laden with bugs and errors that make a player want to rage quit every now and then. Some of the most aggravating problems with the IP pertain to its log-in mechanism where most of these issues seemingly spring up.
The Lost Ark an error has occurred exiting the game scenario can relate to the game’s servers being taken offline or a concurrent issue with your Windows PC that’s blocking the title from establishing a proper connection. Whatever the scenario, the guide above comprises a host of working solutions for the matter.
Do let us know in the comments section if any of the potential solutions above managed to do the trick for you. As always, eXputer wishes you good luck!
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍