Roblox error code 264 is a prevalent error and is causing frustration for many players around the globe. This error usually pops up when the same account is opened on different devices, though other reasons like Roblox receiving an update while you’re in-game, have also been reported by players. This error prevents you from launching the game.
Log Out Of All Other Devices
Since the main culprit for this error is multiple logins on different devices, we will log out of all devices other than your current one. This has been proven to be the fastest, most effective solution, so be sure to try this first before moving on to the rest. To log out of other devices, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the official Roblox website and sign in to your account.
- On the Home page, go to the top-right corner and press the Settings icon and then click the Settings option.
- Then from the left side of your screen, click on the Security option.
- When you reach the Security options page, scroll down to the bottom. When you find the Secure Sign Out tab, press the Sign Out button.
- This will sign you out of all other devices and display a confirmation message.
For security reasons, we advise you to reset your Roblox password in case someone unwanted is using your account, which can also cause this error.
Clear Roblox Cache
Multiple users with only a single account have also reported facing the Roblox error code 264, which can be caused by corrupted or missing game files. You can fix this issue by clearing the Roblox cache. If you are using the web version of Roblox, you’ll need to clear its cache too. Follow the steps below to clear the Roblox application cache:
- Press the Windows+R keys and open the Run Box.
- Then, in the text box, type “%localappdata%” and hit the Enter key.
- This will move you to the Temp folder. Here you must locate the Roblox folder and right-click on it. After that, press the Delete option.
- Finally, you can try relaunching Roblox to see if the error has been resolved.
Flush Your DNS
Although this solution looks daunting it is a simple and easy way to fix Roblox error 264. Flushing your DNS can clean the locally stored incorrect DNS information for Roblox servers, which can lead to errors. To flush your DNS on Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key, then type CMD and press enter.
- In the Command Prompt Window, type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
- If your DNS is flushed successfully a confirmation message will be displayed.
Other Solutions For Roblox Error Code 264
If none of the solutions provided above work, you can try other solutions like restarting your router to improve your internet connection and reduce connection issues, updating Roblox to the latest version in case they fixed this error, resetting your browser settings, and if nothing at all works contact Roblox support and report your problem. Hopefully, they will help resolve your issue.
Roblox error code 264 can be a difficult problem to troubleshoot. In this guide, we have provided multiple solutions to this error that include logging out of all other devices, clearing the Roblox cache, and flushing the DNS. We hope you solved this error with ease so you can get back to enjoying Roblox.
The fastest way to fix error 264 on Roblox is by logging out of all other devices.
Errors 264 and 273 are synonymous in their root cause, as both are caused by an unwanted user, which can be on another device.
Other Roblox Error Fixes We’ve Covered:
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍