Roblox Error Code 268 mainly occurs when the Roblox Client detects any suspicious program, usually a third-party antivirus or due to internet issues. Server errors are the main cause of this error, and though that shouldn’t be the case, players have confirmed that server issues cause the error. Fortunately, our guide will help you fix all these errors.
- Error code 268 in Roblox occurs when unexpected behavior from the client side of the game can be caused by factors such as poor internet connection, outdated software, or internal server issues.
- The user will see an error message that says, “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior”
- Users can restart their device or internet connection, clear their browser cache and cookies, or update their software and drivers.
- The user can contact Roblox support for further assistance if the error persists. They should provide as much detail as possible about the error.
- Some general fixes include checking your internet connection, Flush the DNS cache, replacing missing or corrupted files, and uninstalling unnecessary programs.
Clear DNS Cache
In order to connect to the Roblox servers, you must first ask the DNS server to translate the server domain names into IP addresses. By clearing the DNS cache, you will erase the DNS entries from the local cache. Hence, if a corrupted DNS cache on your device causes this error, clearing the DNS cache will help.
Steps To Clear DNS Cache
- Type “cmd” in the search menu.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns”
- Press enter to clear the DNS cache.
- Reassign the IP address by pasting these commands.
- Close the command prompt after doing so.
- Launch Roblox and check if the error still pops up.
Uninstall Unnecessary Programs
This error can be resolved by uninstalling the suspect software from Windows and waiting for the removal ban if it is the cause of any suspicious activity, such as hacking or cheating. If this still doesn’t help, contact ROBLOX support.
Steps To Uninstall Suspicious Programs
- Press the “Windows+R” keys.
- Enter “appwiz. Cpl” in the search box.
- Unlock “Programs and Features”
- Right-click to Uninstall
- Once the program is uninstalled, wait for the ban to remove.
- Launch Roblox now to check for the same error.
Perform A Clean Boot
If any third party or malware service is interfering with Roblox DLL files, performing a clean boot is a way to disable that server. A clean boot starts Windows without third-party drivers and services, so you can determine which service or third-party program is causing this error.
Steps To Perform A Clean Boot
- Click Start Menu
- Type “msconfig”
- Open “System Configuration”
- Select “Selective startup”
- Go to Services,
- Hide all Microsoft services, and click Disable All.
- Once done, click Apply and you’re done.
- Now restart your computer for changes to take effect.
- Launch Roblox to see if the error persists.
Restart The Game
Before moving on to the other solutions below, it is advised to restart your PC at least once. Some files may have been incorrectly loaded on the game hence continuing the game is always a good idea to fix the error. Restarting your console or PC can help stabilize your connection to the Roblox servers. Restarting your device can fix many issues you might face while playing Roblox.
If the error persists, try clean reinstalling Roblox. You might be facing this error due to corrupted Roblox client files, which forces the game to display error code 268 for no reason. Re-installing ROBLOX might be able to fix your error by replacing corrupted files with original versions.
Steps To Reinstall roblox
- Search for “%localappdata%” by pressing Windows.
- Find and delete the Roblox folder.
- Open “Settings” (Win + I)
- Go to “Apps”
- Go to “Installed apps”
- Search for Roblox
- Click “Uninstall”
- Click the “Play” icon on any game to install the Roblox installer.
- Install the Roblox app.
- Launch Roblox now to see if the error persists.
For Xbox Users
If error 268 Roblox occurs on the Xbox Live console; the user may be pushed to this error because of some discrepancy created after a lousy installation. These instances are more frequently reported when the Xbox One console is forced to shut down or is closed while updating the Roblox game with updated software. In these cases, data corruption is the primary reason for the 268 Roblox error. To fix the 268 Roblox error in this particular case, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Press the Xbox One button.
- Go to “My games & apps menu” through the guide menu.
- Click on “manage the app”
- Select the “Uninstall option.”
- After the uninstallation procedure completes, restart the console.
- Reinstall Roblox and all available updates.
- Launch to see if the error persists.
Check The Server Status
First, verify the Roblox service status to see if the servers remain up and functioning. It could be the reason for this problem if a couple of the sites are down. When starting Roblox, make sure your internet connection is steady.
However, if you’ve followed all the above guidelines and are still facing error 268, check out other fixes across our articles and apply them.
Reset Your Windows
If you have waited for 24 hours and still encountering this issue, try resetting your Windows PC first. Secondly, try resetting your Windows because Roblox may have detected some suspicious services working silently in the background which cannot be disabled. Lastly, try resetting your Windows by following the instructions. If your issue still pops up on the screen, contact ROBLOX support.
Check Internet Connection
The first thing to do when you encounter an error is to check your internet connectivity. The Internet connection can play a crucial role in your gameplay. It should be the first thing that pops up in your mind when you encounter any error within the game. Consider troubleshooting your router by resetting it or checking for any firmware updates. Connect directly to your modem rather than using Wi-Fi to improve your connection.
Contact Roblox Support
If none of those mentioned above error fixes work out for you, contact Roblox support. Their team of experts will always be there to help you around the clock and assist you in whatever way possible. Visit the Roblox official website and look for “contact us”, fill out basic details about yourself, the error you’re facing, and the platform you’re facing it on, and submit your application. Their team of experts will get back to you shortly.
Roblox is a fun and creative game but can cause errors during gameplay, such as the “Roblox error 268”. Our comprehensive guide will provide complete solutions to fix all your mistakes. These error fixes include checking your internet connectivity, resetting your windows, reinstalling ROBLOX, clearing your DNS cache, etc. If the error persists, you must contact ROBLOX support for further assistance.
It is usually caused by a weak internet connection or server problems.
Error Code 268 is not a permanent ban from Roblox, There are multiple fixes for this error.
If you are continuously facing this error then you can try to contact the Roblox support team, they may be able to help you to find a solution.
Having a problem with any other games? Check out other error guides that we’ve covered in eXputer!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍