ROBLOX error code 403 is an authentication error that stops you from playing certain games in ROBLOX. The 403 error indicates that access to a specific site or server has been denied. It appears when you click on the play button of a game in Roblox. After loading the screen, a window with the error prompt pops up.
The 403 Error can be caused by various factors, including IP restrictions and having a large amount of game cache on your PC. But you don’t have to worry, as we have provided various fixes for the error, so make sure to follow these methods.
- Error 403 is an authentication error that appears when you try to open the game in Roblox. It stops you from entering the game.
- This error is caused by various factors, including IP restrictions and having a large amount of game cache on your PC.
- There are several fixes you can try to fix error 403 which include:
- Using a VPN.
- Running SFC and DISM commands.
- Flushing the DNS cache.
- Clearing App’s cache data.
- Switching browsers.
- Removing invalid entries from the Windows Registry Editor.
Check Roblox Servers
Often, Servers of Roblox occasionally have connectivity issues. So, it is always advisable to first check whether the Roblox servers are online.
You can check the functionality of all of Roblox’s servers by going to its status page. On this website, problems that other playing are facing in the last 30 days are also shown.
Change Your IP Using VPN
Often Roblox restricts users’ IP without any specific reason. VPN can bypass this issue by temporarily changing your IP. You can choose any popular VPN available. For instance, Nord VPN, PIA VPN, Surf Shark, and Express VPN are some trusted VPNs.
You Can Set Up VPN By Following These Steps:
- First, go to the Windows icon. After clicking the icon, you will find the setting icon, then open settings.
- Then click on Network and Internet option.
- After that, click on Add a VPN connection option.
2. In “Connection Name,” you can use enter whatever name you like. These details should be available from your VPN provider.
3. Once you’ve configured a VPN, it will appear in the network popup menu alongside any nearby Wi-Fi networks, and from there, you can connect to VPN.
Run SFC and DISM Commands in Command Prompt.
If you are still unable to remove this error, you may be able to fix it by using the command prompt to check the system’s integrity. To do this, follow these instructions:
- First, Type CMD in the Windows search bar, which is located on the bottom left of the taskbar.
- Then Right Click on Command Prompt and in the menu Select Run as Administrator.
- When the User Account Control window shows, select Yes/Allow
- Now type /sfc scannow, and press Enter
- Wait until the process is finished before determining whether it has been fixed.
If the problems continue, use the DISM Command to repair and restore the system’s corrupted files.
- First, relaunch Command Prompt with admin right.
- Then type the following command and hit Enter:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Flush DNS Cache Files Using Command Prompt
DNS cache is responsible for storing data about domain names and databases you are connected to. If the stored data of Roblox in DNS gets corrupted for some reason, it disrupts the connection to its servers.
Follow These Steps To Flush DNS:
- First, you should use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R to type cmd.
- Then type ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt and press the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Following that, you will get a confirmation message stating that the DNS Resolver Cache has been successfully flushed.
- Now return to the Roblox client and attempt to join a game server. You should no longer see the error, and now you should be greeted by the server.
Clear The Roblox Cache Folder
If the previous methods did not work, deleting the app’s cache may help.
Corrupted files can stop a program from running. Here’s how you can delete the app cache in Windows and resolve this issue.
- Use Keyboard Shortcut Windows + R and type %localappdata%
2. Search for the Roblox folder and open it up.
3. Then, Select all files in the Roblox folder and press Shift + Delete to remove them permanently.
4. Relaunch the Roblox again.
Use A Different Internet Browser For Roblox
Switching to a different browser should solve the problem if you play Roblox in a browser version. If Google Chrome has been your primary browser, you switch to another internet browser to see whether you can log in. You select from a number of browsers, including Brave Browser, Opera, and OperaGx.
You can go to Roblox’s official login Page here, add your account credentials, and most probably, after logging in, you can play your intended game.
Remove Entries From Registry Editor
If none of the earlier methods have been successful for you, this step might ultimately enable you to fix the problem. Deleting the faulty entries from the Registry is another method for resolving the Roblox error.
Follow these instructions to do this practically:
- First, you should use Shortcut Windows + R to open Run Prompt.
- Then type Regedit, and press the Enter key.
- After that, when you click HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE from the window’s left side, a sub-menu will open.
- Then click on Permissions and allow Full Control to the user.
- Then click apply, close the editor and restart your pc and start Roblox.
Contact Roblox Support
If you’re still facing Roblox error 403, the last hope is to contact Roblox Support Service. The organization and team at Roblox are much more Cooperative when it comes to customer service. They try their best to ensure a welcoming and problem-free experience across the entire platform.
Considering this, You can scroll through their Contact Us page to learn more about how you can approach them about the error. The assistant will help you create a complaint ticket to report your error or persistent bug in the game.
Furthermore, When you have finished filing the complaint, wait for a response from the helpful staff at Roblox Headquarters. They’ll be able to resolve your problem in little more than a few business days.
It simply means that, for some predetermined reason, the website’s content you’re trying to access is being blocked.
403 error does not indicate a ban. It indicates that you are not authorized to see that website or page.
Sometimes, Error 403 is just a temporary glitch in the system.
You can also check out our Errors guide for other games available on our website with very simple and easy fixes.
Other Roblox Related Error guides:
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍