Error code Van 1067 is a hiccup encountered in Valorant, usually arising from conflicts with security software or issues like malfunctioning game services, outdated Windows, or not meeting the game’s internet specifications.
It might also occur due to server problems or corrupted game files. This error signifies a connection problem with Valorant servers, disrupting the game experience for players.
Check For Compatibility Issues
Before we move on to list all the methods to fix the issue, we must check for any incompatible specs or missing dependencies that your system may be carrying.
- Check if your gaming system meets the minimum requirements listed on the Epic Games Store.
- A fast and stable connection.
- Check if you have the latest redistributable versions installed to run Valorant, like DirectX and Visual C++.
Verify Game Files
To tackle Valorant’s Error Code Van 1067, verifying game files can be an effective solution. This process involves checking the game’s installed files for any inconsistencies or corruption. Sometimes, errors occur due to damaged or missing game files, leading to connectivity issues like Van 1067.
Verifying the game files essentially confirms that all necessary components are intact and correctly installed. By doing this, any problematic files are identified and replaced, potentially resolving the error and allowing Valorant to function smoothly by ensuring a complete and error-free installation.
Allow Access Through The Firewall
To address Valorant’s Error Code Van 1067, granting access through the firewall is a potential solution. Firewalls act as a barrier between your device and the internet, controlling incoming and outgoing connections. Sometimes, this error occurs due to the firewall blocking Valorant from establishing a proper connection to its servers.
By allowing Valorant through the firewall settings, you’re permitting the game to communicate freely over the internet, potentially resolving the Van 1067 error. Adjusting firewall settings ensures that Valorant can connect securely to the game servers, allowing for smoother gameplay without encountering this specific error.
Check The VGC Service
The VGC service is an important part of the anti-cheat system. So, the failure to launch this service may result in failing to properly launch the anti-cheat creating an issue such as error code 1067. Manually restart the service to fix the error
- open the RUN by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Now type services.msc in the run and confirm by pressing the Enter key.
- Now find the Vgc service in the list and double-click on it to open the properties.
- Find the startup type and change it to automatic to ensure that the service automatically starts when you boot up your PC.
- Now press the start button just down below.
- If the service is already running, be sure to stop and start it.
Removing KVM Switch
After investing hours in troubleshooting, I discovered an unexpected fix for the Valorant Error Code Van 1067. Turns out, the culprit was a TESmart 2-Port HDMI KVM Switch. Removing this device resolved the issue—specifically, it stopped the vgc service from crashing and eliminated the error.
This KVM switch seemed to be causing interference that led to the error. It’s a lesson in hardware conflicts: certain devices, like this switch, might clash with Valorant, triggering the Van 1067 error.
Discord is a great tool for communication used mainly by gamers to communicate and find similar-minded people in one of the several gaming communities in Discord. However, discord is known to be problematic for many games, mainly related to the discord overlay, which has proven problematic to game performance. Closing Discord can prove effective in resolving the error code 1067.
- You can close Discord by right-clicking the Discord icon in the taskbar and pressing quit Discord.
Check Valorant Server Status
if none of the methods above resolve error code 1067, then check Valorant’s server status. It’s very much possible that there is a period of maintenance or downtime due to a major update. You can check the Valorant server status through this Riot Games’ Status Page.
Enable Secure Boot And TPM 2.0
When launching Valorant, both of these features are required to boot the game successfully. Here’s how you can check and enable Secure Boot and Tsm.
- First, press Windows + I and go to the system.
- Now click on Recovery and then select the Restart button next to Advanced Setup.
- Once you have booted into Advanced Options, select Troubleshoot.
- Next, make your way to Advanced options and then open UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Lastly, go under the security tab, find Trusted Platform Module (TPM), and make sure it is enabled. While you check TPM, find Secure Boot and enable it. The UEFI settings are related to bios; hence every pc would have a different settings menu.
TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 is a security chip that provides secure storage for sensitive information and performs cryptographic operations. Enabling both Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 can potentially resolve the Van 1067 error in Valorant, as it has helped many players too.
During my research, I found reports of frustration among players due to this error. Official responses from Valorant’s team were limited, leaving players seeking clearer guidance. The error seemed widespread across platforms and regions, impacting a large player base. Unexpected fixes like hardware removal highlighted potential conflicts causing the error.
Reports suggest the error isn’t solely linked to recent patches but might involve server downtimes or corrupted files, requiring further investigation for a definitive solution. Clarification from official channels would immensely benefit players seeking a fix.
This error occurs when launching Valorant and prevents users from logging in.
Valorant may not launch on Windows 11 due to incomplete system requirements or TPM.
Check out other Valorant-related Error Guides covered on eXputer:
- Fixing Valorant Platform Error
- Valorant Error Code 39
- Valorant Error Code Van 68
- Valorant Error Code Van 6
- Valorant Error Code 57 – Vanguard Not Initialized
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍