With a unique set of 21 agents to choose from, each with their own special abilities and playstyles, it’s no wonder that Valorant has become one of the most popular in recent years. However, for beginners, the wide variety of agents available can be overwhelming, and choosing the best one can be a tad bit challenging. When starting out in Valorant, it’s crucial to choose an agent that suits your playstyle and choose the one which matches your own distinct vibe.
- Valorant is a popular first-person shooter game with 21 unique agents to choose from, and for beginners, it is important to choose an agent that matches their playstyle.
- Yoru is the master of deception, with the ability to create chaos and confusion for the enemy team.
- Skye is a versatile initiator agent who can gather information and control areas with her pack of beasts.
- Astra is a strategic Controller agent in Valorant with the ability to manipulate the battlefield with her cosmic powers.
- Cypher is a versatile sentinel agent, best for information gathering and control. His abilities include Trapwire, Cyber Cage, Spycam, and Neural Theft.
- Killjoy’s gadgets can turn any site into a fortress, making it hard for the enemy team to breach and plant the spike.
- Sova is another initiator agent with abilities for locating and revealing enemy positions. His abilities include Recon Bolt, Shock Bolt, Owl Drone, and Hunter’s Fury.
- Omen’s shrouded step and paranoia abilities make him a master of deception and perfect for flanking unsuspecting enemies.
- Breach is an initiator agent with abilities to stun and disorient enemies. His abilities include Flashpoint, Aftershock, Fault Line, and Rolling Thunder.
- Phoenix is a duelist agent with abilities to self-heal and control the battlefield with abilities: Blaze, Curveball, Hot Hands, and Run it Back.
- Raze, another duelist agent in Valorant has abilities to cause explosive damage and disorient enemies, including Blast Pack, Paint Shells, Showstopper, and Boombot.
- Kay/o’s aggressive playstyle is amplified by his ability to nullify enemy abilities, giving him a tactical advantage in any skirmish.
- Reyna’s devour and dismiss abilities make her a self-sufficient agent, allowing her to heal and reposition quickly and efficiently in combat.
- Jett, a duelist agent in Valorant, has abilities that allow her to move quickly and deal damage to enemies, including Cloudburst, Updraft, Tailwind, and Blade Storm.
- Brimstone is a controller agent in Valorant with abilities to control the battlefield, including Sky Smoke, Incendiary, Stim Beacon, and Orbital Strike.
- Sage is a support agent in Valorant with abilities to heal and revive teammates, as well as slow and create barriers for enemies using abilities such as Healing Orb, Resurrection, Slow Orb, and Barrier Orb.
- Players can use the agents’ abilities effectively to gain an advantage on the battlefield and support their team.
15. YoruYoru is a stealthy and unpredictable Duelist agent in Valorant who can create confusion and chaos for the enemy team. His unique abilities allow him to teleport across the map, create fake footsteps, and even become invisible.
One of Yoru’s biggest advantages is his ability to infiltrate and surprise the enemy team.
- His Fakeout ability creates realistic-sounding footsteps that can trick opponents into thinking he’s in one location when he’s actually in another.
- His Blindside ability can temporarily blind opponents, leaving them vulnerable to attacks.
- Yoru’s ultimate ability, Dimensional Drift, allows him to enter another dimension, becoming invulnerable and invisible to enemies. This can be a powerful tool for flanking and attacking unsuspecting opponents.
- One of the biggest challenges of using Yoru is mastering his teleport ability, Gatecrash. It takes practice to learn the right timing and placement of the teleport, but it can be a valuable tool for getting out of dangerous situations or surprising opponents.
|Ability Name||Key Bind||Description|
|Fakeout||C||Equip an echo that mimics footsteps when activated. Fire to activate and send the echo forward. Use the secondary fire to place an echo in place. Alternate fire to send all active echoes to the same spot.|
|Gatecrash||E||Equip a tethered dimensional fragment. Fire to send the fragment forward. Activate to teleport to its location. If the fragment is inactive, it can be reactivated to teleport to its location and destroy it.|
|Blindside||Q||Equip a flash grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which detonates after a short delay, blinding any players looking at it.|
|Dimensional Drift||X||Equip a mask that lets you see between dimensions. Press fire to drift into Yoru’s dimension, becoming invisible and invulnerable.|
Overall, Yoru can be an excellent agent for beginners who enjoy a stealthy and unpredictable playstyle in Valorant. With the right strategy and execution, Yoru can be a powerful asset to any team.
- Can create fake footsteps and audio cues
- Can teleport through walls and obstacles
- Can blind and disorient enemies
- Can become invisible and invulnerable briefly
- Offers high mobility and surprise potential
- Can catch enemies off guard and flank them
- Abilities can be difficult to use effectively
- Requires a lot of coordination with teammates
- Ultimate ability can be easily countered
- Lacks sustain or self-healing abilities
- Doesn’t have much utility for the team beyond frags
- May struggle in close quarters or tight spaces
14. SkyeSkye is a valuable initiator agent in Valorant who has become increasingly popular among players due to her ability to support her team in various ways. Skye’s kit is focused on gathering information, slowing down opponents, and healing her allies.
She is a great pick for players who prefer a more supportive playstyle and want to help their team to secure victories. One of her biggest advantages of Skye is her ability to gather information.
- Her Guiding Light ability can be used to scout out enemy positions without putting herself in danger, and her Trailblazer can chase down opponents and reveal their location. This information can be crucial for making strategic decisions and setting up successful attacks or defenses.
- Her ability to slow down opponents with her Regrowth and Seekers abilities is also very useful for controlling the pace of the game and creating opportunities for her team to strike.
- Skye’s ability to heal her allies with her Regrowth ability can be a game-changer in intense situations, allowing her team to recover from damage and continue fighting.
|Ability Name||Keybind||Short Description|
|Regrowth||C||Equip a healing trinket. After a short cast time, she sends out a healing pulse that heals herself and allies within range.|
|Trailblazer||Q||Equips a Tasmanian tiger trinket. After a short cast time, she sends out a Tasmanian tiger that can be controlled to rush forward and explode, dealing damage and concussing enemies in its area of effect.|
|Guiding Light||E||Equips a hawk trinket. After a short cast time, she sends out a hawk that can be controlled to dart forward and flash enemies in its path.|
|Seekers||X||Skye equips a Seeker trinket. After a short cast time, she sends out three Seekers that track down and reveal the location of the three closest enemies within their range. Skye and her allies receive a speed boost while the Seekers are active.|
One of the biggest challenges for players using Skye is mastering the timing and positioning of her abilities, as they require a bit of finesse and coordination with her team.
- Can heal allies with Regrowth ability
- Has the ability to stun enemies with Guiding Light
- Can scout areas and detect enemies with Trailblazer and Seekers abilities
- Offers team support with all abilities
- Provides good utility for entry fraggers and supporting players
- Lack of direct damage abilities
- The ultimate ability takes time to charge up
- Trailblazer and Seekers abilities can be easily destroyed
- Can be vulnerable while using abilities
- Requires good communication and coordination with the team
Overall, Skye is an excellent agent for beginners in Valorant who enjoy a supportive playstyle and want to help their team win. Her abilities to gather information, slow down opponents, and heal her allies make her a valuable asset to any team. Plus, with her unique Australian charm and wild looks, she’s definitely one of the most attractive agents in the game.
13. AstraAstra is a versatile Controller agent in Valorant who can be a game-changer for any team thus an excellent choice for beginners. Her abilities allow her to manipulate the battlefield in unique ways, from creating temporary walls to pulling enemies out of cover.
|Gravity Well||C||Deploys a star that creates a gravity well, pulling in and slowing enemies caught inside. Can be charged to increase its range and duration.|
|Nova Pulse||Q||Deploys a star that charges up and detonates, concussing all players caught inside. Can be charged to increase its range and duration.|
|Nebula / Dissipate||E||Activates one of two stars: Nebula creates a smoke cloud that blocks vision, while Dissipate consumes a placed Nebula star to briefly flash enemies caught in its radius.|
|Astral Form / Cosmic Divide||X||Activates one of two ultimate abilities: Astral Form allows Astra to become a ghostly form, able to travel anywhere on the map and place stars with no limit, while Cosmic Divide creates a large wall that blocks vision and dampens audio for enemies on one side. The wall can be fired through and Astra’s team can hear and see through it.|
- Her Gravity Well ability can trap enemies in a small area, making them easy targets for her teammates.
- Astra’s Nova Pulse ability can also be used to blind enemies and make them vulnerable to attacks.
- With her Nebula ability, Astra can create smoke screens to block sightlines and create distractions.
- Her ultimate ability, Cosmic Divide, creates a massive wall that can be used to cut the map in half, blocking off opponents and allowing her team to advance with ease.
- Can control areas of the map with Astral Stars
- Can provide valuable information with Gravity Well and Nova Pulse
- Can manipulate enemy movements with Nebula and Dissipate
- Ult, Cosmic Divide, can cut off large areas of the map
- Provides versatility in playstyle
- Difficult to master and requires good map knowledge
- Requires good team communication to be effective
- Vulnerable to being countered by smokes and flashes
- Requires good game sense to time ult effectively
- Can be dependent on team composition and strategy
Although mastering Astra’s abilities may take some practice, her versatility and strategic value make her a top pick for players who want to dominate the battlefield.
A highly versatile agent in Valorant and an excellent choice for beginners looking to master the art of information gathering and control: Cypher. As a sentinel agent, Cypher’s abilities are designed to gather information and create choke points that can be used to control the battlefield.
- One of Cypher’s most powerful abilities is his Trapwire. The Trapwire is a tripwire that can be placed on walls, floors, and other surfaces, and when an enemy crosses it, the player is alerted, and the enemy’s position is revealed.
- Cyber Cage is another of Cypher’s abilities, which creates a cage-like structure that slows down enemies who pass through it. This ability can be used to limit the movement options of the enemy team or to create choke points that can be used to control the game’s flow.
- Spycam is another ability that Cypher has in his arsenal. This ability allows the player to place a remote camera that can be used to scout enemy positions and gather information about their movements. The camera can be controlled remotely and can be used to scout out areas that are not easily accessible, such as high ledges or hidden corners.
- Finally, Cypher’s ultimate ability, Neural Theft, is one of the most powerful abilities in the game. When activated, it reveals the locations of all remaining enemy players on the map, making it an extremely useful tool for gathering information and coordinating attacks.
|Trapwire||C||Places a tripwire that triggers an alarm and slows enemies when crossed. Can be destroyed by enemies.|
|Cyber Cage||Q||Deploys a remote activation trap that creates a cage of distortion that slows enemies and obscures vision when triggered.|
|Spy Camera||E||Places a camera that can be activated to view the camera’s perspective and fire a tracking dart at enemies. Can be destroyed by enemies.|
|Neural Theft (Ultimate)||X||Extracts information from a recently-killed enemy player’s corpse, revealing the location of all remaining enemy players for a short duration.|
For beginners, Cypher can be an extremely useful agent, especially when used in conjunction with other agents who are more focused on combat. Cypher’s abilities are designed to support the team and to gather the information that can be used to gain an advantage over the enemy.
- Excellent at gathering information on the enemy team
- Can control areas of the map with abilities
- Provides valuable intel to the team
- Strong at defending objectives
- Ultimate ability can turn the tide of a round
- High pick rate in professional play
- Requires map knowledge and strategic placement of traps
- Limited utility for direct combat
- Can be vulnerable when setting up traps
- Limited mobility and escape options
- Ult has a long charge time and requires precise timing
- Can struggle against highly aggressive teams or players
By using Cypher’s abilities to create early warning systems, limit the enemy’s movement options, and scout out enemy positions, beginners can gain an advantage on the battlefield and help their team to win. By using Cypher effectively, beginners can become a major asset to their team and gain an edge over the competition.
11. KilljoyEquipped with various gadgets to defend a site and disrupt enemy movements, Killjoy is a Sentinel agent in Valorant. She is an expert in robotics and can control machines to create a tactical advantage for her team. Her kit includes the following abilities:
- Alarmbot: Killjoy deploys a robot that chases enemies and explodes, dealing damage and applying a Vulnerable debuff.
- Turret: She can places a turret that automatically fires at enemies in range, revealing their location. The turret can be destroyed, but Killjoy can deploy a new one after a short cooldown.
- Nanoswarm: She throws a grenade that creates a swarm of nanobots, damaging enemies in the area and making noise. The nanoswarm can be activated or deactivated by Killjoy.
- Lockdown (Ultimate): Killjoy deploys a device that creates a large radius and starts a countdown. If enemies remain in the radius until the countdown ends, they are detained and vulnerable to attacks. The device can be destroyed by enemies, but Killjoy can use it as a distraction or area denial.
|Alarmbot||C||Deploy a bot that hunts down enemies and explodes, dealing damage and applying Vulnerable status. Can be recalled by Killjoy.|
|Turret||E||Deploy a turret that automatically fires at enemies in range. Can be recalled and redeployed by Killjoy.|
|Nanoswarm||Q||Deploy a grenade that creates a damaging swarm of nanobots when activated. Can be remotely detonated by Killjoy.|
|Lockdown (Ultimate)||X||Deploy a device that disrupts and damages enemies in a large area, slowing them down and preventing them from shooting for a short time. Can be destroyed by enemies, but takes a few seconds to arm.|
Killjoy’s kit is designed to create a layered defense and force enemies to waste time and resources to deal with her gadgets. She can cover multiple angles with her turret and Alarmbot, while also denying access to areas with her Nanoswarm. Her Lockdown ultimate can force enemies to retreat or expose themselves to her team’s attacks.
- Excellent defensive capabilities with alarm bot, turret, and nanoswarm grenade
- Ultimate ability, Lockdown, can immobilize enemies within a large area, giving her team a significant advantage
- Alarm bot can be used to bait enemies or gather intel on their locations
- Turret can cover multiple angles at once, freeing up Killjoy to focus on other tasks
- Nanoswarm grenades can deal significant damage to enemies and deny them access to areas, making them useful for defending objectives
- Limited offensive capabilities, better for holding down areas than pushing forward
- Abilities are vulnerable to being destroyed by enemies, limited ways to repair or reposition them
- Abilities have a relatively long cooldown time, making Killjoy vulnerable if caught off-guard
- Abilities are best used in combination with other Valorant agents, so playing Killjoy effectively requires coordination with the team
- Requires map knowledge and game sense to use her abilities effectively, as placing them in the wrong locations can be a waste of resources
In addition to her gadgets, Killjoy is also a competent gunfighter with a versatile weapon selection. She can use her abilities to set up crossfires and ambushes or to hold chokepoints while her team rotates. Her ultimate can also be used to coordinate a push or retake with her team, as enemies will be focused on avoiding the Lockdown rather than defending themselves.
10. SovaThe initiator, Sova is one of the best Valorant agents for beginners due to his versatility and ability to gather information. As an initiator agent, his abilities are designed to locate and reveal enemy positions, making him an excellent choice for players looking to gain an edge on the battlefield.
|Owl Drone||C||Sova deploys a controllable drone that can fly and spot enemies.|
|Shock Bolt||Q||Sova fires a bow that explodes on impact, dealing damage and revealing nearby enemies.|
|Recon Bolt||E||Sova fires a bolt that reveals enemies in its line of sight.|
|Hunter’s Fury||X (Ultimate)||Sova equips his bow with three powerful shots that can penetrate walls and deal heavy damage to enemies.|
- One of Sova’s most powerful abilities is his Recon Bolt, which can be used to reveal enemy positions and provide valuable information to the team. This ability is especially useful for beginners who may not have a lot of experience with map awareness and positioning.
- Sova’s Shock Bolt is another powerful ability that can be used to deal damage to enemy positions and disrupt their movements. This ability is great for beginners who may struggle with aiming or positioning, as it can be used to create choke points and limit enemy movement.
- Sova’s Owl Drone ability is perfect for scouting out enemy positions and gathering information.
- His ultimate ability, Hunter’s Fury, can be used to deal massive damage to enemies in a line. Using Sova’s abilities effectively is crucial for beginners looking to gain an advantage on the battlefield.
- Can gather intel with Recon Bolt and Owl Drone
- Can reveal enemy locations with Recon Bolt and Shock Bolt
- Has a global ultimate ability that can deal massive damage and reveal enemy locations
- Can shoot through walls with Hunter’s Fury Ultimate
- Can provide supportive abilities for the team with Recon Bolt and Owl Drone
- Requires good map knowledge and game sense
- Requires precise aim to effectively use abilities
- Ultimate ability can be easily dodged or blocked
- Limited mobility and no ability to escape or reposition quickly
- Can be challenging to use effectively in solo queue or with uncoordinated teams
By using his Recon Bolt to reveal enemy positions, his Shock Bolt to deal damage and create choke points, and his Owl Drone to scout out enemy positions, players can gain valuable information and support the team. Sova’s ultimate ability, Hunter’s Fury, is also great for beginners looking to deal damage to enemies and create opportunities for their team to attack.
9. OmenOmen is a versatile controller agent in Valorant who can easily disrupt and confuse the enemy team. With his kit, Omen can teleport, blind opponents, and obscure vision, making him among the best agents for those beginners who like to keep their opponents on their toes in Valorant.
|Paranoia||C||Fires an ethereal shadow projectile that blinds enemies along its path.|
|Shrouded Step||E||Omen teleports a short distance to a targeted location, leaving behind a smokescreen that briefly obstructs vision.|
|Dark Cover||Q||Omen deploys a smokescreen that can be manually positioned, obstructing vision and minimap information.|
|From the Shadows (Ultimate)||X||Omen teleports to a targeted location, becoming invulnerable and hidden from minimaps for a brief duration. During this time, he can select a new location to teleport to, or cancel the ability to return to his original location.|
- Paranoia: This ability sends out a shadowy projectile that blinds enemies for a short duration, making it easier for Omen and his team to push onto a site or take control of an area.
- Shrouded Step: Omen can teleport a short distance in any direction, allowing to quickly reposition himself or escape dangerous situations. This ability also makes a distinct noise, so it’s important to use it strategically to catch opponents off guard.
- Dark Cover: by deploying a smoke screen Omen can obscure vision and manipulate the enemies to block off specific areas. This ability can be incredibly useful for creating distractions, isolating opponents, and denying vision to the enemy team.
- From the Shadows (Ultimate): Omen can teleport to any location on the map, giving him unparalleled mobility and the element of surprise. This ability also provides temporary invulnerability, allowing Omen to get in and out of dangerous situations without taking damage.
- Versatile kit of abilities for offense and defense
- Teleport ability allows for quick flanking
- Smoke screen ability can block enemy sightlines
- Ultimate ability can reposition Omen across the map
- Requires precise timing and placement
- Abilities can backfire and harm the team if used incorrectly
- Ultimate ability can disorient Omen’s team if they are caught in its area of effect
- Long cooldown time on abilities
- Abilities are centered around deception and misdirection, and may not suit all playstyles
- May require more practice to master compared to other Valorant agents
Omen is a great pick for players who enjoy creating chaos and confusion on the battlefield. With his ability to teleport and obscure vision, he can easily disrupt the enemy team’s strategy and create openings for his team to take advantage of. However, it’s important to use his abilities strategically and communicate with your team to maximize their effectiveness.
8. RazeRaze is a powerful, possibly the best Duelist agent in Valorant that is well suited for those beginners who prefer aggressive plays and want to take the fight to the enemy team. She is one of the best Valorant agents for beginners who want to focus on fragging and dealing with damage, as her abilities are straightforward and easy to use.
|Ability Name||Keybind||Short Description|
|Boom Bot||C||Deploys a robot that seeks out enemies and explodes on contact|
|Blast Pack||Q||Attaches an explosive pack to a surface that can be remotely detonated|
|Paint Shells||E||Fires a cluster grenade that deals damage in a small area|
|Showstopper||X||Equips a rocket launcher that deals massive damage to enemies in a large area|
- One of Raze’s most powerful abilities is her Blast Pack, which allows her to place a satchel charge that can be used to propel herself or damage enemies. This ability can be used to get to hard-to-reach areas or surprise enemies with a quick burst of damage.
- Additionally, Raze’s Paint Shells ability allows her to fire a cluster grenade that can deal massive damage to enemies in an area, making it a useful tool for clearing out chokepoints and defending bomb sites.
- Raze also has the ability to equip a rocket launcher, her ultimate ability Showstopper, which can deal massive damage to enemies in a wide area.
- This ability can also be used to clear out a room or secure a critical kill, making it a valuable tool for any aggressive player.
- High damage output
- Versatile abilities that can be used offensively and defensively
- Good at clearing areas and pushing opponents out of cover
- Ultimate ability can clear out large areas and deal massive damage
- Can be effective against multiple enemies at once
- Requires good aim and recoil control
- Abilities can cause self-damage if not used carefully
- Abilities can be predictable and easy to counter by experienced players
- Ultimate ability requires line-of-sight and can be interrupted
- Lacks mobility compared to other agents
Overall, Raze is an excellent agent choice for those beginners in Valorant who want to focus on dealing damage and taking the fight to the enemy team. Her abilities are straightforward and easy to use, making her a great choice for players who are just starting to learn the game. With Raze on their side, beginners can become a powerful force on the battlefield and help their team secure victories.
Read: Valorant Best Settings
7. KAY/OA robotic agent designed to be a powerful initiator, Kay/o has the ability to disrupt enemy abilities and information gathering. KAY/O is an excellent agent for those beginners in Valorant who prefer an aggressive playstyle and want to disrupt enemy strategies. His kit allows him to excel in both offense and defense, making him a valuable addition to any team composition.
|ZERO/point||C||Kay/O equips a knife that can be thrown to deal damage and disable enemy abilities in a radius. The knife sticks to surfaces and can be retrieved.|
|FLASH/drive||Q||Kay/O throws a flash grenade that explodes after a short delay, blinding enemies within line of sight.|
|FRAG/ment||E||Kay/O throws a grenade that bounces and explodes on impact, dealing damage to enemies within its radius.|
|NULL/cmd||X||Kay/O creates an energy pulse that reveals the location of any enemies within its range, as well as disabling enemy abilities and reducing their accuracy.|
- KAY/O’s primary ability, ZERO/point, is a throwable fragment that can disable enemy abilities and deployables within its blast radius. It also reveals any enemy players who are within its range.
- FLASH/drive is KAY/O’s signature ability, which is a flash grenade that can be charged up to increase its range and duration.
- KAY/O can also use a FRAG/ment, which is a frag grenade that can be charged up to increase its damage and explosion radius
- NULL/cmd is KAY/O’s ultimate ability, which emits a large pulse that suppresses enemy abilities and prevents them from using their ultimates for a short period of time. It also causes damage to enemy players within its radius.
- Can suppress enemy abilities and create openings for teammates.
- Has powerful fragging abilities that can deal significant damage.
- Can throw grenades that can clear out enemy-held areas.
- Ultimate ability can disable enemy abilities and reduce their vision, giving your team a significant advantage.
- Can quickly recover from taking damage with his “zero-point” ability, making him more resilient in firefights.
- No mobility abilities, making it difficult to escape from dangerous situations.
- Ultimate ability requires precise timing and positioning to be effective.
- Abilities can be difficult to master and require good game sense to use effectively.
- Abilities can damage allies as well as enemies, making coordination with your team essential.
- Can be vulnerable while using abilities, making it important to use them at the right times.
KAY/O’s kit is designed to disrupt enemy strategies and force them to adapt to his presence. His ZERO/point ability can disable key abilities such as Sage’s Barrier Orb or Cypher’s Trapwire, while his NULL/cmd ultimate can prevent enemies from using their ultimates and disrupt their coordinated pushes. His frag grenades and flash grenade also give him additional firepower and the ability to engage enemies in duels.
Breach is one of the best Valorant agents for beginners due to his ability to disrupt and disable enemy positions. As an initiator agent, his abilities are designed to stun and disorient enemy players, making him an excellent choice for players looking to create opportunities for their team.
|Aftershock||C||Breach equips a fusion charge and fires it into the ground, creating a damaging explosion in a cone shape after a short delay.|
|Flashpoint||Q||Breach equips a blinding charge and fires it in a straight line, causing a bright flash that temporarily blinds enemies looking at it.|
|Fault Line||E||Breach equips a seismic blast and charges forward, creating an earthquake that damages and disorients enemies in a line.|
|Rolling Thunder (Ultimate)||X||Breach equips a seismic charge and sends it forward in a straight line, creating a massive earthquake that damages and stuns enemies in a large cone-shaped area. Enemies caught in the center of the blast are stunned for longer.|
- One of Breach’s most powerful abilities is his Flashpoint, which can stun and blind enemy players. This ability is especially useful for beginners who may struggle with aiming or positioning. Using the Flashpoint effectively, players can create openings for their team and limit the enemy’s ability to respond.
- Breach’s Aftershock ability is another powerful tool for disrupting enemy positions. This ability can be used to deal damage to enemies through walls and other obstacles, making it an excellent choice for players looking to create choke points and limit enemy movement.
- Breach’s Fault Line ability is great for stunning enemies and creating opportunities for attacks.
- Breach’s ultimate ability, Rolling Thunder, is also great for beginners looking to disorient and stun enemies, making it an excellent choice for team fights and coordinated attacks.
Using Breach’s abilities effectively is crucial for beginners looking to gain an advantage on the battlefield. By using his Flashpoint to stun enemies, his Aftershock to create choke points, and his Fault Line to stun enemies, players can create opportunities for their team and limit the enemy’s ability to respond.
- Can breach through walls and obstacles, making him a great initiator
- Can stun multiple enemies with his abilities
- Ultimate ability can cause massive damage and disrupt enemy positions
- Can clear out angles and corners with his abilities
- Can quickly push and control areas with his abilities
- Limited in terms of fragging potential
- Abilities can be difficult to use effectively without coordination with teammates
- Has a relatively long cooldown on his ultimate ability
- Can be vulnerable while using abilities, making him an easy target for enemies
- Has limited mobility compared to other agents
Overall, Breach is an excellent choice for beginners looking to disrupt and disable enemy positions. His abilities provide a major advantage on the battlefield and can be used to support the team in a variety of ways.
A powerful Duelist agent in Valorant, Phoenix is one of the best agents for beginners who are just starting to learn the game. He is versatile and can be used in a variety of ways, making him a valuable asset to any team.
|Ability Name||Keybind||Short Description|
|Blaze||C||Equip a flame wall that damages enemies and heals Phoenix. Can be used to block off areas or create a barrier for cover. Can also be used to damage and burn enemies who pass through it.|
|Curveball||Q||Equip a flare orb that can be thrown in different ways to blind enemies. Can be used to temporarily impair enemy vision and create an opening for a push or escape.|
|Hot Hands||E||Equip a fireball that deals area-of-effect damage and heals Phoenix. Can be used to clear areas or deal damage to groups of enemies. Can also be used to heal Phoenix when he takes damage.|
|Run It Back||X||Phoenix’s ultimate ability. When activated, Phoenix is killed and a marker is placed at his location. After a short delay, Phoenix respawns at the marker with full health and armor. Any damage or kills he gets during the duration of the ability are carried over when he returns to his original location. Can be used to aggressively push and take risks without fear of dying permanently.|
- One of Phoenix’s key abilities is his Blaze ability, which creates a wall of fire that can be used to block enemy vision and damage enemies. This ability is particularly useful for beginners, as it can be used to create a cover and protect teammates.
- Additionally, his Curveball ability can be used to blind enemies, making it easier to get the drop on them in combat.
- Phoenix also has the ability to heal himself with his Hot Hands ability, which can be useful for beginners who may not have the same level of game awareness as more experienced players. This ability can help players survive longer in combat and give them more opportunities to take down enemies.
- Phoenix’s ultimate ability, Run It Back, allows him to return to the spot where he activated the ability if he dies during its duration. This can be a great way for beginners to push aggressively, allowing them to take more risks without fear of losing their position if they die.
- Can self-heal with “Hot Hands” ability
- “Curveball” ability can blind opponents
- “Blaze” ability can create a wall of fire to cut off enemy movement
- “Run It Back” ultimate allows for aggressive plays and can gather important information
- Good entry fragger with abilities to clear corners and gain map control
- “Blaze” ability can block vision and friendly fire can be an issue
- “Run It Back” ultimate can be risky and lead to getting killed twice
- “Hot Hands” ability can damage self and the team
- Has no ability to create smokes or flashes
- Can be predictable if abilities are used in the same way repeatedly
Overall, Phoenix is among the best choices for beginners in Valorant who are looking for an agent that is versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. His abilities are straightforward and easy to understand, making him a great choice for players who are just starting to learn the game. With Phoenix on their side, beginners can become valuable assets to their team and help turn the tide in their favor.
4. ReynaReyna in Valorant is an absolute powerhouse of a character. If you’re looking for a self-sufficient agent who can hold her own, Reyna is the one for you. Her kit is focused on individual performance and, if used correctly, can make her virtually unstoppable.
|Ability Name||Key Bind||Short Description|
|Leer||C||Reyna throws an ethereal eye that blinds enemies in its line of sight.|
|Devour||Q||Reyna consumes a nearby soul orb to heal herself. If the orb was dropped by an enemy, she also gains a temporary increase in fire rate, reload speed, and recoil recovery.|
|Dismiss||E||Reyna becomes intangible and invulnerable for a short period, allowing her to escape danger or reposition herself.|
|Empress||X||Reyna’s ultimate ability grants her a massive boost in fire rate, reload speed, and recoil recovery, as well as revealing nearby enemies through walls. Additionally, she gains the ability to automatically consume soul orbs dropped by enemies, making her self-sufficient for the duration of the ultimate.|
- Her Leer ability also allows her to blind enemies, giving her the upper hand in gunfights and helping to clean out angles.
- Her Devour ability allows her to regain health after taking damage.
- If you just killed an enemy, you can activate Dismiss to consume the nearby soul orb and become intangible for a short period of time.
- And if things get hectic, Reyna can activate her ultimate ability, Empress, which boosts her fire rate, reload speed, and ability duration.
- Can heal herself with kills
- Can become invisible with her Leer ability
- Can become invulnerable with her Devour ability
- Her Empress ultimate ability gives her increased fire rate, reload speed, and reduced recoil
- Good for aggressive playstyles and flanking
- Can quickly regenerate health with her Ultimate ability
- Reliant on getting kills to sustain
- Leer can be destroyed easily
- Devour has a long cooldown
- Empress is only active for a limited time
- Ultimate orbs are limited and require successful round wins to acquire
- Lacks utility and support abilities for the team
Playing Reyna requires a certain level of confidence and aggression, as she is most effective when pushing into enemy territory. In the game, Reyna is the best agent for beginners who prefer to get up close and personal with their enemies. Just remember to play to her strengths, and you’ll dominate the battlefield in no time.
Jett is a versatile Duelist agent in the game who is popular among players, especially among beginners, for her mobility and flashy abilities, for which she has made herself prominent in the list of the top 8 best agents. She can be a great pick for beginners looking for an agent who can quickly move around the map and make quick kills.
|Ability Name||Key Bind||Description|
|Cloudburst||C||Throws a cloud of smoke that obscures vision and dampens audio. Jett can control the distance and direction of the cloud by adjusting the crosshair while casting.|
|Updraft||Q||Launches Jett into the air, allowing her to reach higher areas and dodge enemy fire.|
|Tailwind||E||Gives Jett a burst of movement speed in the direction she’s moving, allowing her to quickly reposition and evade enemy attacks.|
|Blade Storm (Ultimate)||X||Equips Jett with several throwing knives that can kill enemies with a single hit. Jett can throw the knives individually or unleash them all at once. If Jett gets a kill with any of the knives, she can pick them up and use them again until the ultimate ends.|
One of the biggest advantages of Jett is her mobility.
- Her abilities allow her to reach spots on the map that other agents can’t, and she can use her tailwind ability to retreat from dangerous situations quickly.
- Her updraft ability can also help her to reach high places, which can be useful for getting a better view of the battlefield or surprising opponents with an unexpected attack.
- Her basic ability, the Cloudburst, creates a smoke screen that can be used to block sightlines and cover movement. This can be useful for creating distractions or covering retreats.
- Her ultimate ability, Blade Storm, equips her with throwing knives that deal significant damage to opponents. The knives can also be reloaded after each kill, which can be handy in intense situations.
One of the biggest challenges for beginners using Jett is learning to time their abilities correctly. Since Jett relies heavily on her mobility, it’s important to know when and where to use her abilities to avoid getting caught off-guard by opponents. It can also take some practice to master the accuracy of her knives.
- Can move quickly and vertically with abilities
- Has a smoke ability for vision control and blocking off enemy lines of sight
- Can use her abilities to create unexpected flanking routes
- Ultimate ability can be used for quick eliminations and mobility
- Has a high skill ceiling, rewarding players who master her abilities
- Requires good aim and game sense to be effective
- Abilities are mostly focused on individual play rather than team support
- Low health pool compared to other agents
- Ultimate ability requires precision and can be risky to use
- Can be outmatched by agents with better utility or crowd control abilities
Overall, Jett is among the best choices for beginners in the game who are looking for an agent that can move quickly and deal damage with flashy abilities. Her mobility and versatile kit can make her a strong asset to any team.
One of the most versatile agents in Valorant, Brimstone offers excellent utility and support to his team. He’s also a great option for beginners who want to play a supportive role in the game.
|Ability Name||Keybind||Short Description|
|Incendiary||C||Brimstone throws a grenade that explodes and creates a damaging area of fire.|
|Stim Beacon||Q||Brimstone deploys a beacon that gives nearby players a temporary speed and firing rate boost.|
|Sky Smoke||E||Brimstone targets a location and calls in a smoke cloud that lasts for a duration. He can choose to call in up to three smoke clouds at a time.|
|Orbital Strike||X||Brimstone targets a location and calls in an orbital strike, dealing high damage to enemies in the area. He can adjust the location and radius of the strike before activating it.|
- One of his primary abilities is his Sky Smoke, which allows him to smoke various areas of the map to obscure vision and deny enemy movements. Beginners can use him to smoke chokepoints, which can help them hold angles and prevent enemies from pushing.
- Brimstone’s Stim Beacon is another excellent ability that can help his team. It grants a temporary increase in fire rate, reload speed, and recoil recovery to all players in its area of effect.
- Lastly, his ultimate ability, Orbital Strike, is a devastating attack that can deal massive damage to enemies in its area of effect. Beginners can use this ability to clear out enemy positions or to force the enemy team to move to a more vulnerable position. It’s important to note that Brimstone’s ultimate has a long casting time, so it’s best used when the enemy team is distracted or pinned down.
- Strong area denial abilities with Incendiary and Sky Smoke.
- Ultimate ability, Orbital Strike, can cover a large area and deal massive damage.
- Can provide his team with weapons and upgrades using his Stim Beacon ability.
- Can call in a Tactical Map that reveals enemy locations and can help coordinate his team’s movements.
- Has a relatively high health pool compared to other agents.
- Lacks mobility options, making him vulnerable in certain situations.
- Limited ability to gather intel compared to other agents.
- Incendiary and Sky Smoke abilities can also harm Brimstone’s team if not used carefully.
- Ultimate ability has a long charge time and can be interrupted if Brimstone is killed or incapacitated.
- Incendiary ability can be less effective on certain maps or against certain team compositions.
Overall, Brimstone is an excellent choice for beginners who want to play a supportive role in the game. He offers a great mix of utility and damage, making him a valuable asset to any team. Beginners should focus on using his abilities to help their team rather than trying to frag out and get kills. Good communication and teamwork are key to playing Brimstone effectively.
Sage is a support agent in Valorant who excels at healing and reviving teammates. She is a crucial part of any team composition, and her abilities can turn the tide of a match.
|Ability Name||Keybind||Short Description|
|Barrier Orb||C||Creates a wall of ice that can block enemy vision and movement|
|Slow Orb||Q||Launches an orb that slows enemies caught in its area of effect|
|Healing Orb||E||Heals a friendly player or herself|
|Resurrection||Ultimate (X)||Revives a fallen teammate with full health|
For beginners, she is an excellent choice due to her straightforward kit and her role as a support agent. She has a high skill ceiling, meaning that as you progress and develop your game sense, you can make better use of her abilities. However, her abilities are simple enough to use effectively, even if you are starting out.
- One of Sage’s most critical abilities is her healing ability, which can restore the health of herself and her teammates. This ability can be used both in and out of combat, making it an essential tool for keeping your team alive. As a beginner, it’s crucial to keep an eye on your team’s health and use this ability proactively.
- Another key ability is her Barrier Orb, which can be used to block off chokepoints or create a cover for your team. This ability is incredibly versatile and can be used both defensively and offensively. As a beginner, it’s essential to learn common angles and positions where this ability can be used to maximum effect.
- Sage’s Resurrection ability is one of the most potent abilities in the game. It can bring back a fallen teammate to life, giving your team a significant advantage. This ability takes a while to charge, so it’s essential to use it strategically. As a beginner, it’s crucial to communicate with your team and coordinate using this ability.
- Lastly, her Slow Orb ability can be used to slow down enemies and disrupt their movements. This ability is excellent for buying time or creating opportunities for your team to make a move. As a beginner, it’s essential to experiment with this ability and learn how it affects your enemies’ movements.
- Can heal and revive teammates, allowing for clutch plays
- Wall ability can block off areas, forcing enemies to take alternate routes
- Ultimate ability can resurrect a fallen ally, providing a significant advantage in rounds
- Can slow down enemies with her Slow Orb, making it easier for teammates to take them out
- Barrier Orb can be used to protect allies from enemy fire
- Slow-moving abilities make it difficult to keep up with fast-paced action
- Slowest moving agent in the game, making her an easy target for opponents
- Abilities require precise placement and timing to be effective
- Lacks offensive abilities, making her less useful in aggressive playstyles
- Requires good game sense and communication to be used effectively in team play
Overall, Sage is an excellent agent for beginners due to her straightforward kit and role as a support agent. Her abilities can be used both defensively and offensively, making her a versatile addition to any team composition. As you develop your game sense, you can make better use of her abilities and become an even more valuable asset to your team.
Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Here are some tips and tricks for beginners who are just starting in Valorant:
- Master the Shooting Mechanics
Valorant is a game that requires precision shooting, so it’s important to master the shooting mechanics. Spend time in the game’s shooting range to get a feel for the different weapons and their recoil patterns.
- Communicate with Your Team
Valorant is a team-based game, so communication is key. Make sure to communicate with your team about your position, enemy positions, and any other relevant information.
- Learn the Maps
Knowing the maps in Valorant is essential to being a successful player. Spend time exploring the maps and learning the different areas and routes that can be taken.
- Practice, Practice, Practice
Like with any game, practice makes perfect. Spend time playing the game and practicing your skills to improve your gameplay.
- Understand Agent Abilities
Valorant has a diverse cast of agents, each with its unique abilities. Take the time to learn the abilities of each agent and how they can be used to complement your team’s strategy.
- Work on Your Crosshair Placement
In Valorant, proper crosshair placement can make all the difference in a gunfight. Make sure to practice keeping your crosshair at head level and in the direction of where enemies might be coming from.
- Stay Alert and Aware
Valorant is a fast-paced game, so it’s important always to be alert and aware of your surroundings. Listen for enemy footsteps and keep an eye out for any movement or signs of enemy activity.
- Manage Your Economy
In Valorant, managing your economy is crucial to success. Make sure to save up for important rounds, such as gun rounds, and communicate with your team about how much money each person has.
- Stay Positive and Learn from Mistakes:
Finally, it’s important to stay positive and learn from your mistakes. Even the best players make mistakes, so don’t get discouraged if you have a bad game. Instead, use each game as an opportunity to learn and improve your skills.
Valorant is a popular first-person shooter game that has taken the gaming world by storm. With its fast-paced gameplay and a wide range of unique agents to choose from, it’s no wonder that it has become one of the most-played games in recent years. According to a subreddit post, you can still notice that new players are always looking for recommendations on what agent to play.
If you’re looking for the best beginner agents, the eight we’ve discussed in this article are definitely worth trying out. While Sage, Phoenix, Jett, Brimstone, Raze, Breach, Sova, and Cypher are great choices for players who are just starting, it’s important to keep in mind that there are plenty of other agents to choose from, and everyone has their preferences when it comes to playing style.
If you want a tier list of all Valorant agents, be sure to read our guide: Valorant Tier List: All Characters Ranking. Don’t forget to check your sensitivity setting before heading into the arena. Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment and find the agent that works best for you! With practice and patience, you’ll be able to master the agent of your choice and become a formidable force on the battlefield.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍