Many people get stuck In FFXIV at this point because they are in the last stages of reaching the max level. If you are looking to get your main job to level 80, then all you need to do is complete the main scenario quests; you will get from level 70-80 in no time. For your alt jobs, it gets a bit more complicated than that. You have to grind a lot for your experience points and be very smart about it.
- Reach level 71 using the Dungeon Castrum Abania.
- Utilize The Bozjan Southern Front to farm experience points, as it will sync your job to level 80, essentially buffing you.
- Complete your daily Pixie Tribe Quests, and you will have 3 quests, and they will rotate every 24 hours.
- Make sure to do the Dungeons close to or higher than your level.
The very first thing we will focus on here is to get to level 71 specifically. That is because everything else we will use to get from level 70-80 will unlock at level 71. You may think of using level 70 dungeons like “Ala Mhigo” to grind for experience points and get to level 71. But the level 69 dungeon “Castrum Abania” actually gives you more experience points than the level 70 ones.
As such, we will be using Castrum Abania to grind for experience points and get to level 71. If you do not have it unlocked, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Price of Freedom”.
Once you have successfully managed to get to level 71, you can start using all the different ways to go from level 70-80 as quickly as possible and become the bringer of the night sky.
The Bozjan Southern Front
This is one of the best ways currently available in FFXIV that you can use in your journey from level 70-80. It’s an adventuring Foray that was introduced in patch 5.35 with the Shadowbringers expansion. An Adventuring Foray is simply the end-game content of a lot of the FFXIV DLC expansions. These usually consist of huge raids and trials but are not part of the main storyline quests.
The Bozjan Southern Front is specifically huge because it can consist of up to a total of 72 players. There are no preset teams but you can make a party with any other online players to play together. It also boasts an endless amount of FATEs and duties that players can queue up for. Completing any of these events can earn you a large number of experience points.
Another very interesting thing about The Bozjan Southern Front is that it will actually sync your character’s level to 80, even if you are at level 72. That means you will be allowed to use all of your powerful abilities as a level 80 character.
Utilizing this, you will be able to run through Bozja with a buffed version of your character while gaining an insane amount of experience points. Considering Bozja earns you such a large amount of EXP with unique attributes. We could not have left it out of this FFXIV guide to get you from level 70-80.
Unlocking The Bozjan Southern Front can be a bit confusing, especially for players that are new and have just finished the main scenario quests. Of course, you need to be at level 71 before you can even enter it so make sure to get there first using the method mentioned previously in this FFXIV leveling guide.
One of the prerequisite to unlock it is that you have to complete a series of quests. More specifically, it is a Questline called The “Alliance Raid” in the Stormblood DLC expansion. The very first series you will be doing is the “Return to Ivalice” raid series, which is heavily inspired by the hit and iconic game “Final Fantasy Tactics”. It consists of 3 alliance raids which are actually very fun to complete. It should take you a good couple hours to complete all 3 of them. These are the 3 raid series:
- The Royal City of Rabanastre
- The Ridorana Lighthouse
- The Orbonne Monastery
Now you have to unlock Gangos, that is where you will find the main quest which will completely unlock Bozja for you. It is called “Where Eagles Nest”, and is given to you by Sjeros. But before you are even able to get to the main quest you have to unlock the Gangos region.
You have to finish “The city of lost angels”. Once you do, Keiten will have another Quest for you called “Hail To The Queen”. This will start the 5.25 Shadowbringers aspect of the storyline. In this Questline you have to complete the Quest “Path To The Past” and this will unlock the Gangos Region for you.
Once in Gangos, go to X: 5.5, Y: 5.4 and Sjeros will be there to greet you with the Quest “Where Eagles Nest”. Once you complete that Quest you will have full access to the Bozjan Southern Front. Using this method from our FFXIV leveling guide, your warrior of light will reach grander heights with no difficulties.
Pixie Tribe Quests
The Pixie Tribe Quests is another very fast way to farm experience points. This Questline has 2 different types of quests; main quests and the daily quests. We will be focusing only on the daily quests in this guide, since our main goal is to get from level 70-80 as fast as possible.
This Questline gives you 3 quests to complete every 24 hours. There are of course, a lot more than 3 quests in total. The 3 Quests you receive daily are rotated at random from the actual number of Quests in the entire Questline. They are located in Il Mheg at Lydha Lran (X:12.4 Y:32.9).
Unlocking The Questline
In order to unlock The Pixie Tribe Quests, you have to complete the main scenario quest “The Wheel Turns”. You are then allowed to take the quest “Manic Pixie Dream Realm” from the Pink Pixie in The Crystarium (x13.1, y15.3).
Related: FFXIV Hydatos Weapons
Dungeons still remain a very effective and optimal way of farming experience points to get from level 70-80. Even at such a high level range you can get a lot of mileage from doing dungeons. The trick is to of course, do dungeons closest to your job’s actual level. Once you get to the next level, you pick the higher level dungeon and repeat this whole process.
Here is the full list of all the dungeons from levels 70-80, their requirements, and how to unlock them:
- Holminster Switch. The required level for this dungeon is level 71, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Lightwardens”
- Dohn Mheg. The required level for this dungeon is level 73, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Key to the Castle”
- The Qitana Ravel. The required level for this dungeon is level 75, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Burden of Knowledge”
- Malikah’s Well. The required level for this dungeon is level 77, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “A Fresh Start”
- Mt. Gulg. The required level for this dungeon is level 79, you can unlock it by completing the Quest “Extinguishing the Last Light”
- Amaurot. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “Shadowbringers (Quest)”
- The Twinning. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “By the Time You Hear This”
- Akadaemia Anyder. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “Akadaemia Anyder (Quest)”
- The Grand Cosmos. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “A Grand Adventure”
- Anamnesis Anyder. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “Beneath the Surface”
- The Heroes’ Gauntlet. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Converging Light”
- Matoya’s Relict. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “Like Master, Like Pupil”
- Paglth’an. The required level for this dungeon is level 80, and you can unlock it by completing the Quest “The Flames of War”
We understand that dungeons can get a bit repetitive and old. If you get tired of grinding dungeons, we recommend switching to The Bozjan Southern Front. This will ensure that your mind stays fresh as you farm experience points and most important of all, have fun.
You have successfully made it to level 70 in your FFXIV journey. But suddenly, it feels almost impossible to climb up from level 70-80. Not only do you need a very large amount of experience points just to climb up a single level, but the opportunities to even get such experience points are also scarce.
The extra ways to buff your experience points are very scarce at this high of a level range, but there is still one item that can boost your EXP; Menphina’s Earring. This item will give you a 30% boost in EXP until level 80, so make sure to equip it!
We now conclude our FFXIV Leveling Guide 70-80. After winning skirmishes against the Empire in Bozja, fighting through the Shadowbringer’s dungeons, and helping out the pixies, you too can become the Shadowbringer, The Warrior of Darkness.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍