If you are the type of player who likes to explore a lot then there will come a time when you start wondering about how to get into the Sandbox area in Grounded. The Sandbox is one of the most dangerous and trickiest places to get to thus in this guide, we will inform you of two different paths you can take to get to the Sandbox area.
How To Get Into The Sandbox Area
One thing to remember is that the Sandbox is a very dangerous area and your character will meet their end if you venture into the sandbox unprepared. Here we will be listing two different ways that you can follow to achieve your goal.
Using the Picnic Table:
- Go to the Leaning Shovel area near the picnic table.
- Behind the shovel, you’ll find a cracked rock.
- Use bombs like Bratburst or Splitburst to blow up the rock.
- The shovel will fall onto the table, creating a bridge.
- Carefully jump onto the shovel handle and then onto the table.
- Be cautious of aggressive bees.
- Head left to the edge of the table, where you’ll find a wooden bar leading to the opposite side.
- Climb the books to reach the cooler box.
- Hit its handle with a tier 2 hammer to create another bridge to the table’s top.
- Look under the orange book to find a pre-set zipline leading to the sandbox area.
- You’ll need 12 silk ropes to make it usable, which means dealing with spiders.
Using the Black Anthill:
- Locate the Black Anthill entrance in the Trash Heap biome, near the trash bags behind the sandbox area.
- Wear a gas mask to survive in the Trash Heap biome.
- Enter the Black Anthill and explore it.
- Exiting the Anthill will take you to the Sandbox area.
- Equip your best weapons and armor for the powerful bugs in this area.
To craft bombs for the first method, use the Bratburst bomb with these ingredients:
- x2 Fungal Growth (from infected bugs, found at the boundaries of the Haze)
- x1 Red Ant Egg (found in the Red Ant Hill)
- x4 Dry Grass Chunks (commonly found in the world)
Ensure you have a gas mask if you plan to use the Black Anthill or explore the Haze.
his area has some powerful bugs so equip yourself with your best weapon and armor before venturing into the Anthill. While we are on the topic, consider reading our guides on the best weapons and armor in Grounded.
What Is In The Sandbox Area
Before players start exploring this area, one thing they should know is that the Sandbox is the equivalent of a desert in Grounded. What that means is this area can inflict debuffs and the sizzle effect on your character. To make matters worse, this biome is home to a few of the most punishing enemies in the game.
Before you start exploring this area, be sure to equip your best weapons and armor. The only reason why this area is worth exploring is that it contains some hidden treasures that can be dug up. Exploring this area is undoubtedly a huge risk, but it can reward you with some rare materials if you are daring enough to take the risk.
If you are planning on building an outpost in this area, then we would recommend building it at the southeastern corner, as there is also an oasis in that section. You will have access to water and materials that can make exploration of this area much more forgiving.
How To Get Sizzle Protection
Before getting into the sandbox, you need to know about the sizzle effect that you will encounter in the sandbox and how to protect yourself from it.
To protect yourself from the sizzle effect in the Sandbox Area, consider the following methods:
- Antlion Armor Set: Unlock the Antlion Armor Set, which offers high resistance to the sizzle effect, effectively protecting your character from its harmful effects.
- Fresh Defense Mutation: Gain the Fresh Defense Mutation by consuming Mint Shards. Eating one Mint Shard provides a 25% reduction in the sizzle rate, while consuming 10 Mint Shards grants a 75% reduction in the sizzle rate. This mutation helps mitigate the sizzle effect.
- Explore at Night: Venture into the Sandbox Area during nighttime. The sizzle effect is only harmful when exposed to direct sunlight. At night or in the shadowed areas, the sizzle effect won’t pose a threat, allowing you to explore safely.
Here are some gears that we’ll recommend to you befoe getting into the Sandbox. And the reason why we choose them.
- Black Ant Sword: The black ant sword provides a good amount of damage that will help in dealing with the Antlions. We’ll recommend leveling it to level five to get you over the line.
- Black Ant Sheild: The Black Ant shield is going to help you in boosting your blocking ability. Even if you are not good at perfect blocking, you can still just hold the shield and tank them most of the time without taking any damage.
- Spider Armor: The reason we choose spider armor is for of the stamina. You’ll definitely need a lot of stamina for the maximum blocking and also you’ll need to swing the sword as fast as possible.
That concludes our guide on how to get into the sandbox area in Grounded. The game is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍