Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shore’s map is almost one-third the size of the map present in the base game, and the DLC is additionally set in the ruins of Los Angeles, as confirmed by Guerrilla Games. The new map is filled with more machines to destroy and new areas that players can explore.
- The map of Burning Shores is one-third the size of Horizon Forbidden West’s base game map.
- The map setting of the DLC is actually the ruins of Los Angeles.
- There are various small islands on the new map that players can explore.
- A new hub area is also marked on the map, known as Fleet’s End, where players will meet most NPCs.
- Skiff is a new vehicle introduced in Burning Shores, which is a boat used to traverse the ocean between islands, and it is also marked on the new map.
- Campfires and machine locations are also marked on the map as you explore areas.
- The fog covering the map disappears as you explore new areas additionally.
Burning Shores Map Explained
As you can see in the image above, the complete map of the Burning Shores DLC is actually split into multiple smaller islands that players can explore. The size of the map is additionally almost one-third the size of the map that we have in the base game, which means that the DLC comes packed with hours of content.
- The setting of the DLC is the ruins of Los Angeles additionally.
Fleet’s End will be your hub area in the DLC, and you will meet most of the NPCs here. Additionally, you will also come across many main quests and side missions in this area.
Skiff is actually a boat which is a new vehicle introduced with Burning Shores DLC. You can use this boat to traverse between islands easily and efficiently.
- Various machine and campsite locations have also been marked on the map.
- As you explore, more icons will start appearing on the map, and the fog will start to go away as well.
Burning Shores is a new DLC for Horizon Forbidden West, and the DLC is actually locked to PS5 with no PS4 version available. The DLC takes advantage of being locked to the next-gen and is technically even more impressive than the base game. You will be able to use your favorite bows and armor sets in the DLC as well.
This concludes our guide on Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores Map and everything that you need to know about the map. We have not only entailed the size of the map in the DLC but have also explained the new hub and vehicle introduced in Burning Shores. We hope that the guide was helpful in understanding the new map in the game. Let us know what you think about the Burning Shores DLC in the comments below!
- Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores Requirements
- Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores Story
- Best Horizon Forbidden West Weapons
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍