- Horizon Forbidden West is the sequel to the 2017-released action-adventure Horizon Zero Dawn.
- The game’s Complete Edition is about to release on PC, with a hefty swath of added features.
- Releasing in March this year, the RPG will have DualSense support, DLSS, and more on launch.
Horizon Forbidden West is one of the flagship exclusives of PlayStation or was at least until the company decided to port the title to PC, and that too in the format of its Complete Edition. In recent times, PlayStation has issued an update on its official blog, confirming the PC release date for the action-adventure, and detailing players what to expect as the title drops later in March this year.
Thanks to the dedicated “PC Features” trailer that we have at our disposal, it’s easy to perceive that Horizon Forbidden West’s port to the platform is going to be no slouch, packing deep-dyed functionality and all. There’s unlocked frame rate, ultrawide display support, upscaling with Nvidia DLSS3, AMD FSR, and Intel XeSS, not to mention hefty DualSense support that will have you exploring the Forbidden West in next-gen fashion.
And because it’s the Complete Edition of the RPG that’s being ported to PC at the moment, expect a ton of additional content to come along with your purchase, with one of the items being available in the form of a pre-order bonus only—the Blacktide Outfit and Blacktide Bow. The rest of the goodies will unlock for you as soon as the title releases, save for one item that you’ll redeem by linking your Steam and PlayStation accounts. Here’s a summary of everything included in the Complete Edition:
- Full Base Game
- Burning Shores Story Expansion
- Nora Legacy Outfit and Nora Spear (Account Linking Required)
- 2 Special Outfits (Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite)
- 2 Special Weapons (Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling)
- In-Game Resources Pack Including Ammunition, Potions, and Travel Packs
- In-Game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece
- Exclusive Photo Mode Pose and Face Paint
Furthermore, Nixxes Software’s Community Specialist Julian Huijbregts affirms that Forbidden West’s PC requirements information will be detailed in the “coming weeks.” Better keep pace to learn all about that when the time comes. The game itself will be released on March 21, 2024, for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store following the initial rumor of this occurrence back in September last year.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Horizon MMORPG Now Confirmed To Be In Development, Job Listings Tease
- Guerrilla Games’ Multiplayer Horizon Game Could Be Named “Hunters Gathering” Teases Leak
- Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition Will Feature Two Discs
Pre-orders for the title are live and are priced at $59.99. Forbidden West’s first release was on February 18, 2022 for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. It’s the second iteration in the Horizon franchise that continues Aloy’s — the protagonist — story as she ventures off to a new region in an attempt to eradicate a mysterious new threat that’s laying waste to her people.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍