Overwatch 2 is here, and Blizzard has made a fantastic decision to make it free-to-play and with crossplay enabled; now is the best time to invite all your friends and jump into this brilliant team shooter together. Today we will be providing the definitive guide for Overwatch 2’s Cassidy, who is among the strongest characters in the game.
- Cassidy is a damage hero in the game Overwatch 2 whose primary focus is to ensure that opponents are either dead or too scared to engage with the player’s team.
- Cassidy’s appearance has been updated in the sequel, but his original outfit from Overwatch 1 is also available.
- Cassidy’s weapon, the Peacekeeper is a revolver that deals high damage and has two fire modes: regular and alternative called Fan the Hammer.
- His ability Magnetic Grenade is an explosive that sticks to surfaces and explodes when an enemy is in range, dealing damage and slowing them down.
- The Deadeye ability allows Cassidy to mark all enemies in his line of sight and then automatically kills them once they are within range.
- The Quickdraw ability allows Cassidy to quickly switch between his Peacekeeper’s regular and alternative fire modes, increasing his mobility and damage output.
- The changes to Cassidy in Overwatch 2 are mostly positive and include increases to the alternative fire mode of the Peacekeeper weapon, reductions in the cost and duration of the Deadeye ability and an overall increase in damage for the Magnetic Grenade ability.
Now that we have a basic idea of who Cassidy is, let us discuss everything about him in detail. Our guide will provide you with the best ways to use your abilities as well as give you some vital tips while delivering the optimal playstyle for the hero.
Cassidy is a damage hero, as we briefly mentioned earlier. His primary focus is ensuring the opponents are either dead or too scared to engage with your team. His weapon of choice helps him achieve his goals as a damage hero because of its devastating damage.
Moreover, as you can see in the image above, Cassidy’s look has been updated for the sequel. He still looks pretty similar to his old self, but the futuristic cowboy vibe has significantly increased. If you don’t like his new look, there is no need for concern as his original outfit is available to equip for free.
With Cassidy, you don’t have to think about your teammates. Just provide them with the occasional cover. Other than that, your entire focus should be on the enemies. He is a perfect pick for people who just want to go in, assist their teammates, and get kills.
Like all other heroes, Cassidy’s weapon and abilities beautifully complement his damage dealer playstyle. While playing him, the player feels like a badass cowboy with everything they have at their disposal. Let us begin by discussing his weapon in detail and providing useful strategies to utilize its potential fully.
Peacekeeper Cassidy’s Weapon
What makes Cassidy a beast of a damage dealer hero is his trusty revolver, Peacekeeper. It deals very high damage and can literally demolish your foes if you get headshots with it. The best part is that getting headshots isn’t that hard; it is one of the easier weapons to master in the game.
As shown in the image above, the weapon has two fire modes. When you press the left click, it shoots like a regular revolver, and if you get a headshot with this, it can be very disastrous for your opponents.
The alternative fire mode is what makes you feel like a true cowboy; when you press the right mouse button, Cassidy quickly empties the entire magazine as quickly as he can. This can be used to demolish opponents at close range. The alternative fire mode is called Fan The Hammer.
Tips For Peacekeeper
If you naturally have good aim, then you will be killing your enemies far more efficiently than the average player. However, while having a good aim is pivotal, there are some tips that you should keep in mind while using the Peacekeeper.
- When using the regular fire mode, keep your distance. It gets harder and harder to aim the closer you are to your enemy, and many heroes also have excellent mobility.
- Remember that the Peacekeeper only has 6 bullets in its chamber, so make every shot count and try not to miss. Patience is key here. Take your time, and then place the shot.
- The Peacekeeper has a fallout range of 20-40, so while we advise that you keep your distance, don’t stay too far away. Cassidy isn’t a sniper.
- Since it is a revolver, it has a low fire rate, so once again, place your shots carefully.
- Think of the alternative fire as a shotgun. Only use it when you and the enemy are in each other’s face; it will demolish the opposition.
All of these are great. Cassidy literally doesn’t have a single useless ability. Each one beautifully supplements his damage-focused playstyle. The best thing about abilities in Overwatch 2 is that every single one of them can be used in multiple situations. There are very few abilities that are only useful during specific conditions.
In addition, Overwatch 2 has balanced all of the abilities really well too. If you have proper game knowledge and know how to counter or use abilities, you can turn into a phenomenal player. We will discuss all three of his abilities and provide tips on how to use them effectively.
As the name suggests, the Magnetic Grenade is an explosive that sticks to surfaces. It deals a lot of damage and can even kill characters at as high as half HP. It is among the most valuable tools that Cassidy has in his arsenal. The Magnetic Grenade is a remarkable ability that can save you from enemies trying to rush you.
Moreover, it can stick to everybody, as you can see in the image above. The grenade becomes a mass destruction tool once attached to an opponent. Throwing the grenade correctly and sticking it allows you to use it to its maximum potential. Below are some tips that will help you utilize this ability to its fullest.
- Try to be in close range whenever you use the ability. The grenade can only travel about 13 meters when it is chasing an opponent. If you are at close range, it will instantly stick to them.
- Take your time and aim it well. Like the Peacekeeper, you don’t want to miss, as sticking the grenade is key to maximum damage.
- Whether you miss the Magnetic Grenade or stick it, it will go on a cooldown for 10 seconds.
- Take note that if you stick the grenade on an enemy, it will also deal 65 splash damage to their allies who are with them.
- Be sure to use the Magnetic Grenade as a pressure tool. Throw it if an enemy is trying to close the distance between you and them.
The Combat Roll is a very self-explanatory ability. It is a dodge move that can save you from enemies who are trying to rush you. You can quickly get to a healer or dodge and place the killing shot on the opponent who is attacking you.
It is relatively easy to use, and the timing is also naturally learned after a couple of matches. The animation for the roll is nothing nauseating, as it is just a simple dash forward. It would be best if you kept the following things in mind, as they will assist you in using the ability more effectively.
- Alongside the dodge that the Combat Roll provides, there is also a 50 percent damage reduction.
- The dodge is instantaneous and very fast, so make sure you aim it well, or you will just run into a wall.
- Like all the other abilities, the Combat Roll has a cooldown that lasts for 6 seconds.
- It is most useful when turning a corner or when it allows you to fall from a height.
The Ultimate Ability Deadeye
Lastly, we have the ultimate ability for Overwatch 2 Cassidy. Think of ultimate abilities as super moves in fighting games. They are your strongest attack and, when used at the right time, can turn the tide in a match. The image above showcases what Overwatch 2 Cassidy’s ultimate ability looks like.
Read the following tips to learn how to use Cassidy’s ultimate ability effectively. The timing is key here as the ability itself doesn’t require much skill to use.
- Stand still when you are about to shoot and use the ultimate ability. Moving can prove to be very detrimental as it reduces the damage by 70 percent.
- The max range for the ability is 200 meters.
- It has a great rate of fire, so just wait for your enemies to get locked in and then shoot. It will rapidly kill them.
- When you are using the ability, there is a 40 percent damage reduction applied to Cassidy.
- The maximum duration for it is 7 seconds.
Optimal Playstyle With Tips & Tricks
As we briefly discussed earlier, Overwatch 2 Cassidy is the perfect character for players who just want to go in and shoot others. If you don’t want to strategize a lot and think about how you can support your team, then Cassidy is arguably your best option.
Moreover, his entire kit is designed around going solo and taking down opponents. Due to his high damage, he can also serve as great support by simply just shooting the enemies.
He isn’t a complex character, but that doesn’t mean you can just instantly master him. We advise that you read the following tips and tricks so that you can perfectly utilize everything that Overwatch 2 Cassidy has to offer.
- Keep your distance when shooting normally with the Peacekeeper, as it is far easier to aim when you and your opponent aren’t in each other’s face.
- When using Fan The Hammer with the right mouse button, do the exact opposite, go in and use the weapon like a shotgun.
- Try your best to use the Magnetic Grenade on enemies whenever you get close.
- Using the Combat Roll can literally save your hero from death so use that regularly.
- Make good use of Cassidy’s Deadeye ultimate ability. We recommend you use it when the enemies start ganging up on a teammate in front of you.
- Memorize all the cooldown timers for each skill.
All Changes Made To Cassidy In Overwatch 2
Cassidy is among the heroes who have gone through some of the most changes. Thankfully almost all of these changes are positive and make the character significantly more fun to play. There are almost no nerfs. Below are all the Overwatch 2 Cassidy changes.
- Fan The Hammer alternative fire for Peacekeeper was increased by 7.5 percent.
- 50% reduction during the Combat Roll ability.
- Magnetic Grenade’s overall damage is 131. 65 splash, 65 direct, and 1 for sticking the nade.
- Deadeye’s duration has increased and is now 7 seconds instead of 6.
- Deadeye’s damage can either be higher or lower, depending on which moment you shoot.
- The cost of Deadeye has been increased by 10 percent.
- When using Deadeye, you will have a 40 percent damage reduction.
And that about covers all the Overwatch 2 Cassidy changes. As you can tell, almost all of these are very much buffs. Cassidy is now arguably more fun than he has ever been.
And with that, our Overwatch 2 Cassidy guide comes to an end. We made sure to provide useful tips and basic information forever, and we hope you have fun reading through the entire guide.
Overwatch 2 is very enjoyable. It is literally just the best of the original Overwatch for free. The free-to-play option adds so much to the game’s life as it already has crossplay. Now you can jump in with your friends any time you want without spending any money. You can play Overwatch 2 on PC through Battle net.
What do you think about Overwatch 2? Is it a worthy sequel? Who do you main? Which skin is your favorite? Did your main get the changes they deserved? Let us know all about it in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍