In the first chapter, “Under a New Sun,” while you explore the river bank with Amicia and Hugo, you will be prompted to defend Hugo’s Kingdom with your sling and while it may serve as a tutorial for how to use the weapon, follow the steps below to earn the secret trophy called the Perfect Shot during this segment. So in today’s guide, we will be detailing the exact steps in order to acquire the Perfect Shot trophy during the opening chapter of A Plague Tale Requiem.
- The Perfect Shot trophy can be obtained during A Plague Tale Requiem’s opening chapters, “Under a New Sun“.
- It requires you to defend Hugo’s imaginative kingdom from Pine Cones which are being swept up by the river stream.
- Rapidly shooting at the Pine Cones with your sling will be key to winning the sequence and receiving the trophy at the end of it.
Strategy For Obtaining The Perfect Shot Achievement/Trophy
First things first, the segment will occur once you’ve cleared the Hide and Seek game with Lucas and are then exploring the riverbank and noticing a fallen log along the stream. Here, Hugo will command you to position yourself behind the log and defend his Kingdom from pinecones- which are actually just pine cones he throws.
The trophy is pretty self-explanatory as you just need to rapidly destroy each of the pinecones without letting anyone pass the log. If by chance you happen to fail this, be sure to immediately restart the instance by pausing the game from the main menu and hitting the ‘Restart checkpoint’ option. The general rule of thumb here is to simply remember a few tips that will make the process streamlined and done without any hitches:
- Either Controller or Keyboard should work, and there is no easier way since both are pretty much personal preferences so choose whichever way you want to play it.
- While aiming, you just need to make sure that the reticle aligns unit the halfway point. If you are using a controller, the reticle should automatically snap onto the pinecones, making it much easier to destroy each one and clear the sequence as soon as possible.
- There is absolutely no need to close the reticle fully because, as shown in the image above, you can quickly shoot the sling projectile as the reticle is halfway.
- While rapidly taking down the cones, you can tell Amicia is ready to fire as soon as she starts swinging her sling in a circular motion, which is more than enough power to take down the pine cones.
- After a short while, another boy named Tonin will join in on the game and defend the Kingdom, which primarily serves as an indicator that you’re halfway done with the sequence. He doesn’t pose any other obstacle to the challenge of getting the trophy.
- Lastly, keep a close eye on the pinecones and do not take too long to line up your shots; otherwise, you might just barely miss one and will have to restart again.
- The section will be concluded once a cutscene plays that shows Tonin leaving the sibling duo, after which, if done correctly, you will be awarded the Perfect Shot pop-up notification on your respective platform dashboard, as shown in the image above.
Underneath all the recent controversy surrounding A Plague Tale Requiem is a fantastic linear adventure title that tugs your heartstrings with its captivating storytelling elements and complex stealth mechanics. Not to mention the soundtrack is literally one of the most stellar pieces of music you will ever listen to as a gamer. Plus, hardcore fans who loved the predecessor, Innocence, will be delighted to reunite with both Amicia and Hugo again.
The game is suffering from major performance issues on the PC port of the game, and most importantly, there was no news of a dedicated Performance mode being absent from the game prior to the launch, so it is understandable that the player base demanded a response from the developers about the issues.
A Plague Tale Requiem is a linear adventure game focused on Stealth and Action as it provides a handful of new changes over the predecessor. Whether it’s grabbing the Platinum Trophy on the PlayStation 5 version or getting a full gamerscore of the game on the Xbox Series X/S, you will definitely need to grab all of the achievements/trophies in the game soon enough.
But as of now, there is no confirmation when these problems will be addressed, so we will be sure to update you about anything as soon as possible. For now, this wraps up our short guide on how to achieve the Perfect Shot Trophy in A Plague Tale Requiem. So are you enjoying the game so far? Does it manage to exceed your expectations from the first one? Let us know all about it in the comments section below!
- How To Win Hide And Seek In A Plague Tale Requiem
- Secret Chests Locations
- How To Get Bracer Secret Armor
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍