The Forest Caves are a haven of supplies that make the nightmarish survival easier, providing you with abundant essentials like ropes, flares, soda, etc. However, these locations can be hard to find, with multiple entrances and several horrors lurking about.
Related: The Forest Crafting Guide
The Forest Cave Locations
Cave entrances can be of different types. Caves in Forest are spread throughout the region, and finding them can be quite a strenuous task. However, don’t be afraid because I have given every possible Forest Cave location in this guide!
- Walk-in Caves: A small congested Cave opening where a player has to squeeze through to enter.
- Climb down entrance: These entrances are like holes in the ground with ropes leading down, which the player can use to descend into the Cave.
- Underwater entrances: These Caves require the player to go underwater to enter, and you will need an item called a rebreather to assist you throughout your time in this water submerged Cave.
The very first Cave that players can access is known as the Dead Cave. The grim name is comparable to the eerie horrors that await within and is a perfect way to kickstart your introduction to The Forest’s Cave locations. You can enter Cave 1 using three entrances. Moreover, you can also access Cave 9 and Cave 3 via Cave 1.
To access Cave 9, blow up a wall in Cave 9 using explosives, and to access Cave 3, head towards the north of Cave 1. This path gradually blends into Cave 3.
Here is how you can enter Cave 1 in The Forest:
- Sinkhole: The southeast rim of the sinkhole has an entrance to Cave 1.
- Cannibal Village: towards the south of the sinkhole is cannibal village. When you go through this path, you will be left with two entrances leading towards Cave 1.
- Cave 1: walking entrance between the rocks.
- Other Cave 1: walking entrance near the Cannibal Village.
- Third Cave 1: climbing entrance in the hill.
- You can use this entrance to find katana, and this is why it is also known as katana Cave.
A Similar Guide: How to Find The Forest Modern Axe
The Hanging Cave is a very scenic place to sneak into if you’re a fan of atmospheric horror and the bizarre. As the image above shows, the Cave is set near the lake of the Main Cannibal village. Cave 2 has two entrances:
- Main cannibal village: You can access Cave 2 through the main cannibal village.
- Smaller cannibal village: Towards the north of the smaller cannibal village, on the side of the lake, is this secondary opening leading towards Cave 2.
- Cave 2 entrance: walking entrance between the rocks.
- Other Cave 2 entrance: climbing entrance located in Main Village.
- Final Cave 2 entrance: climbing entrance on the hill.
The Wet Cave has two entrances and can also be accessed through Cave 1 – Dead Cave. You’ll need a climbing axe and a rebreather in order to explore this underwater Cave.
- Fertile Lands: On the west side of fertile lands on the river bottom, you can find an entrance to Cave 3.
- Mutant village: You can find another opening into Cave 3 near the two mutant camps or cannibal villages. This entrance lies beside soiled white tents.
- Cave 3 entrance: Diving entrance near the riverside village.
- Other Cave 3 entrance: Walking entrance near the dirty white tents.
An Interesting Read: The Forest Modern Bow
The Baby Cave has one entrance
- Lakeside village: To the west of the lakeside village and in the northeast of the yacht, lies the entrance to Cave 4.
The Cave 4 entrance: climbing entrance to the west of Lakeside Village
The Submerged Cave has two entrances.
- Peninsula: You can find Cave 5 located in the southwest of the peninsula. One entrance is a walking entrance between the rocks, and the other entrance is a climbing entrance located near the sacred tree.
- Geese Lake: Another entrance to Cave 5 is the underwater entrance under Geese Lake. You’ll require a rebreather in order to explore this Cave, as most of it is underwater.
- Cave 5 entrance: walking entrance between rocks.
- Other Cave 5 entrance: climbing entrance near the sacred tree.
- Cave 5 entrance: Diving entrance beneath the Geese Lake.
This Cave lies under the west coast of the peninsula, and it is split into two halves; the Eastern side and the Western side.
Eastern Side of Lawyer Cave
On the north side of Geese Lake, Cave 6 has a climbing entrance. This entrance drops into a room full of beheaded lawyers, hence the name Lawyer’s Cave. You can access Cave 10 through Cave 6, continuing north and destroying a rock wall using explosives.
Western Side of Lawyer Cave
The western side has two entrances to it. One is on the northwest side of the Geese lake, and the second entrance can be found on the side of a hill near the Shipping Containers.
- Cave 6: walking entrance between rocks near the peninsula
- Other Cave 6: walking entrance on the hill near the shipping containers.
- Third Cave 6: climbing entrance to the north of Geese Lake
The Chasm Cave in The Forest has only one opening for the players to enter.
- Landbridge: The opening to Cave 7 can be found after crossing the northernmost land bridge that connects the peninsula to the mountains. This is where players can find the Modern Bow as well.
- Cave 7 walking entrance near the land bridge
- Sinkhole exit(to exit Cave 7 and 8)
Among all of the Forest Cave locations, this one is a bit unique. That is because Cave 8 is merged with Cave 7 but has its own structure and network. It was added in version 0.01. Furthermore, the locale for this particular Cave is stunning and had me put down my controller and laud its beauty for a hot minute. Players can enter Cave 8 through Cave 7’s sinkhole after passing through a set of stone doors.
Entering Cave 8, passing through stone doors(sacrificial doors)
The Ledge Cave has two entrances to it. You can access Cave 9 by blowing a wall in the southern part of Cave 1.
- Big lake- one of the entrances to Cave 9 lies between the big lake and the sinkhole.
- Hill- another entrance lies at the hill near the big lake.
- Cave 9 entrance: Climbing entrance near white tents between big lake and sinkhole.
- Other Cave 9 entrance: Climbing entrance on the hill near a big lake.
The Waterfall Cave has the following entrances:
- Seaside Village: One of the entrances to Cave 10 is near the seaside village.
- Beach Hut Village: You can also find another entrance to Cave 10, a little further away from beach hut village near the orange tents.
You can access Cave 10 through the west of the sinkhole. You can also access Cave 6 through Cave 10 by blowing up the rock walls.
- Cave 10 entrance: climbing entrance near the Seaside Village.
- Other Cave 10 entrance: climbing entrance near the orange tents near beach hut village.
Cave HC – Hell Cave
The Hell Cave is the stuff of nightmares and not for the faint of heart, but chances are, if you pushed this far into the game, you would be right. What makes this particular Cave unique is the darker-than-darkness vibe and the gripping terror common across all of The Forest Cave locations multiplied ten-fold. This is a dangerous zone crawling with enemies, but the rewards are as promising as terrifying enemies. Proceed with caution!
This Cave is filled with cannibals, and the player can use it to access the Sahara Research Lab further in the Cave.
Hell Cave has the following entrances:
- Through sinkhole: At the bottom of the sinkhole, swimming through a small hole will lead you to Hell Cave.
- Hell Cave entrance at the bottom of the sinkhole
This has been eXputer’s guide on The Forest Cave locations. This article strives to cover any and all concerns a player might have about the Forest Caves. This fun and spooky little bundle of side areas is a treat for those of you who despise sleep and being comfortable. Crawling with terrors and filled to the brim with items to make further ventures easier, Caves are risky, but the payoff of the exploration is worth it, which perfectly captures and encapsulates the essence of a game such as The Forest.
We hope that this guide helped make your adventures through the eerie Forest a bit easier. The Forest can get intimidating and overwhelming at times, especially if you are not a regular player of horror games, so I wish you luck on your adventures throughout this delightfully frightening game, draining it for content. Good luck!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍