Grimoires Warhammer 40K Darktide has been added, and the veterans of the Warhammer titles will somewhat understand these. However, even the veterans might be a bit bamboozled by how these new grimoires work, as much about them has been changed. But, first, before everything you need to find them, you will need to know the locations of the Grimoire in Warhammer 40K Darktide.
- Grimoires is a game mechanic that has been carried over from the previous Warhammer games into the new Warhammer 40K Darktide.
- Grimoires are items you obtain that essentially follow the risk and reward system.
- Grimoires only appear if you have a sub-objective about them, and they are a book with green ascents that glow.
- A player that does not use these grimoires will miss out on a fast way to level up and earn good gear as they provide you with Gold, XP, and high-tier loot.
- The location of Grimoires is randomized in every mission and can be detected from afar by their distinct green glow.
- The spawn locations of Grimoires might be randomized, but they’re fixed. Once you learn about all of them, you can easily farm Grimoires.
- Players can attain a maximum of two Grimoires per game.
Grimoire Locations In Warhammer 40K DarktideNow, the first difference between the Vermintide and Darktide grimoires that some people would notice is that the Darktide Grimoires do not have a set spawn location where you will be able to find them each and every time. First of all, you should also be informed that you cannot gather these grimoires without having them has a sub-objective because they do not spawn without an objective.
Furthermore, these grimoires also spawn in several randomized locations where a maximum of only two grimoires can spawn. Until now, there are no certain locations where you can find these grimoires as there are a ton of spots, making it a bit difficult to document them all. However, we believe that there are a set number of locations among which the grimoire can spawn each time.
And a tell tells sign of these grimoires is that they are shaped like a Devil’s Book with some green accents that also glow. Also, you can, fortunately, spot the glow of these grimoires from a decent distance.
What Is Grimoire In Warhammer Franchise?Now, to simply put it, the grimoire is a risk and reward-system developed by the Warhammer franchise to spice up the game. This is because carrying these books of evil will get a huge debuff. However, in return, if you can escape with these grimoires, you will be rewarded very generously by the game.
Furthermore, let us first discuss a bit about the downsides of grabbing a grimoire. The cons of the grimoires, due to which the mission difficulty multiples by a lot, are as the following:
- First, you will not be able to use med kits or ammo boxes as the grimoire will take the equipment inventory slot. Which effectively does not allow you to restock on ammo or heal on the go.
- Secondly, while carrying the grimoire, you will have corruption which will lower your health by around 25% if you carry one grimoire and 50% if you carry two grimoires.
- Furthermore, the grimoire also acts like a leech, slowly draining your health by around 1 HP per 10 seconds. Although that does not seem much at first, considering that you would not be able to heal as often makes it a big problem. Also, remember that your overall health has also been reduced significantly.
And now, as for the reward for going through such a monstrous hassle of keeping these grimoires with you till the end, you will receive a better reward when you complete the mission. The game will award you much more XP and Gold while also increasing the rarity of the loot you are awarded. All of this depends on how many grimoires you can pick up; currently, the limit is at two.
How to Find Grimoire In Warhammer Franchise?
Grimoires in Warhammer 40k darktide are quite easy to detect if one is specifically looking for them. The location of these special rare items is randomized in every mission and game, but they can be pinpointed with the help of veteran players and how they have given us specific pointers as to where to look for these.
One thing a person must note is that grimoires have a very specific green glow to them and can be detected from afar. Another thing that one should remember is that grimoires take over the slots of your inventory, making it difficult for you to equip medkits and ammo.
Now, getting back to the main point, the grimoires are usually and typically present in corners, crevices, and any dark areas which are not part of the main path.
The other tip that can help you find grimoires is that the spawn locations might be specific and pre-determined; that is to say, once you know where grimoires are by playing the same map multiple times, chances and likelihood is that the grimoire might spawn there again later on.
One last thing that a person should note is that there can only be a maximum of two grimoires in every game; hence, one can only attain a maximum of two in every game.
In conclusion, we will like to encourage you to grab these grimoires as they obviously have a huge risk attached to them, but in the end, it is well worth it. The amount of loot, XP, and Gold you receive are just too great in value to give up. Furthermore, by grabbing these grimoires, you will be able to level up much faster in the game than you probably think. So we highly recommend you give it your all and try your best to exfiltrate these books of evil safely.
Now, if you are new to the game and want a push to get things started, we highly recommend you go through the Warhammer 40K Darktide Walkthrough. Furthermore, we also recommend that you familiarise yourself with the Difficulty System.
Also, considering that you are new to the game, you will need a quick way to level up. So we highly recommend skimming over XP Farming guide as it will greatly help you level up faster.
And with this, we bring our Warhammer 40K Darktide Grimoire Locations guide to an end. Where we thoroughly explained to you how you can locate this insane XP and loot boosters. However, if you still feel like we missed something, please let us know in the comment section below.
- Warhammer 40K Darktide Soulblaze
- Warhammer 40K Darktide: All Blessings
- Warhammer 40K Darktide: How To Create A Private Lobby
- Warhammer 40K Darktide Weapon Perks
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍