- Dragami Games will no longer design Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP as a remake. The game design has been changed to a remaster.
- Company president Yoshimi Yasuda revealed on Twitter that this change is due to fans’ requests, but many are unhappy with the news.
- A few fans even believe this is likely due to the finances, and the company only hides it under the label of “fans’ requests” to avoid backlash.
Dragami Games president Yoshimi Yasuda has confirmed on Twitter that the game design of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP has been changed from remake to remaster as per fans’ requests. However, fans are unhappy with this change, questioning who would even ask for it since the game will be priced at full despite only being a remaster. A few even believe that the studio is doing it due to financial issues and only masking it as “fans’ requests.”
We have changed the game design of RePOP from Remake to Remaster based on your requests! pic.twitter.com/IRcfQRXN6a
— 安田善巳 Yoshimi Yasuda (@yasudaD5) October 13, 2023
The game was previously thought to be a remake, but it seems like the project won’t be as grand as anticipated. This could mean that, mechanically, the game will be a remake, but at its core, it will remain untouched, which is the best I can ask for as a fan of the original game. Making it from scratch could have been a hit or miss, and a successful remaster can lead to other potential games with this IP.
Despite there being a silver lining for many fans, there appear to be almost an equal number of people who are unhappy with this news. One Twitter user replied to this announcement, “Literally, who requested a remaster over a remake?” Several people have written replies along the same lines.
Who asked for this?! A Remake would have been a lot better if it’s done in the same spirit. New content, new features, new gameplay mechanics, new… everything. Hope this switch to Remaster means less than what’s implied,” says KureinInSight.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Roadmap Reveals Free Major Update, New DLC, And Next-Gen Release
- Paradox Interactive Calls The Lamplighters League Sales “A Big Disappointment”
- Fate/Samurai Remnant Initially Had Souls-Like Inspired Gameplay
Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP—announced in 2022—is a remaster of the hack-and-slash Lollipop Chainsaw from 2012. The game was supposed to be released this year but was ultimately delayed to 2024 by Dragami Games. The studio has yet to announce the platform availability of the game.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍