- The next-gen Xbox consoles may feature a built-in crypto wallet, as revealed in the recent Microsoft vs. FTC court doc leaks.
- Microsoft nor Xbox publically admitted its support for digital assets or its interest in crypto tech for the gaming industry so far.
- We still suggest taking the credible leaks with a grain of salt. Microsoft may decide to alter its plan before the next-gen comes out.
The recent Microsoft vs. FTC court document leaks— now taken down —have resulted in quite a number of details spilling out. However, a grim particular was also recently spotted in the leaked docs, suggesting that the Xbox brand could be meddling with the crypto wallet feature behind the curtains. A report by BizTechAfrica reveals that Microsoft wants to integrate a crypto wallet into its next-gen line of consoles in the future.
Unfortunately, no more details are known about this crypto wallet feature that has been listed in the aforementioned slide. Microsoft nor Xbox has come forward with a statement to publically admit its support in digital assets or its interest in crypto tech regarding the gaming industry. Besides that, the giant conglomerate was among one of the first early adopters of cryptocurrency technology.
- Microsoft Execs Considered Bringing Xbox Cloud Gaming On PS5 Through A Browser.
- Microsoft-Activision Merger Provisionally Approved By The CMA, Final Ruling On October 18.
- Microsoft Is Working On AI Game Testing For Next-Gen Gaming, Leak Suggests.
Sony has also previously shown a lot of interest in the crypto and NFT technologies. It has published a variety of patents in the past that discuss its integration in games. For instance, it patented a legal document to let players buy “shares” of NFTs in games. It has also previously published a patent to let players rent NFTs temporarily.
All in all, we suggest taking the new Xbox leak with a grain of salt despite its robust credibility. Microsoft has not publically announced any such features, and it may alter its plans in the near future.
The court doc leaks have revealed a plethora of other crucial details and plans regarding the Xbox brand. An email about Phil Spencer’s reaction to the PlayStation 5 reveal also surfaced; the CEO was quite confident with having higher specs in the Xbox Series X than the PS5. Additionally, we learned that the next-gen of consoles — notably next-gen Xbox consoles — will begin in 2028, as per more internal doc leaks.
Regardless, in recent times, the Xbox Series consoles will see the launch of brand new models next year. Even the designs of a disc-less Xbox Series X refresh model surfaced amidst the recent chaotic leaks in the industry. It is currently unclear whether the upcoming refresh will feature the controversial crypto wallet.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍