- In regards to the Series S price increase in Brazil, Phil Spencer says they held it as long as they could.
- According to Spencer, even after the price hike, the revenue from Brazil is probably the smallest.
- Xbox wants to make the price as affordable as possible, leading to the various ways to play.
Phil Spencer has commented on the Xbox Series S price increase situation in Brazil, during his visit for CCXP 2023. In an interview with Flow Games, the executive spoke at length about the value hike and what led to that eventuality.
When asked about the rise in prices for the Xbox Series S in Brazil and the community’s reaction to it, Spencer acknowledged the nature and consequences of hikes. Elaborating on the matter, he talked about how the company wants to make it as affordable as possible for consumers which is why they avoided raising the value for three years.
Yes. I’ll start by acknowledging that price increases will never be a positive. It’s not something we like, we want to make the price as affordable as possible, and that’s why we held it as long as we could two years after launch, to make it viable for consumers who wanted an Xbox Series S.”
Spencer followed up the statement with a brief outlook on the company’s revenue. According to him, even after the price increase, based on the sales of the Xbox Series S in Brazil, it’s probably the smallest margin of what they get. He then cited the crucial element of pricing, stating that it occurs in a way that makes the brand viable in the long term.
- Phil Spencer’s Leaked PS5 Reveal Reaction: “We Have A Better Product Than Sony Does”
- Xbox Series S Makes It Challenging To Develop For Xbox, Says Baldur’s Gate 3 Director
- Phil Spencer Elaborates On Why The Company Won’t Ditch Xbox Series S
Going over the nature of doing business and the impact certain elements have on consumers, Phil talked about the general economic structure in Brazil and how a price increase in said structure raised a concern. He posed a counter-concern in response—managing a good business in the region.
Spencer explained that it’s one of the reasons why the company focuses on multiple ways for users to play Xbox. Those who buy consoles are on one side of the spectrum in addition to the PC and cloud ecosystems, giving players multiple choices to interact with the brand.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍