- Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa has talked about plans to smoothly move onto the next console.
- The president said that the company is not “totally secure” with making a transition and takes it seriously.
- As a result, it wants to face the challenge with “unique propositions” and by staying close to fans.
As translated by VGC, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa recently appeared in a financial briefing Q&A with shareholders to discuss the issue of generational transition to a new console. Shuntaro claimed that the company is not “totally secure” about moving over to the next-gen due to some flawed past experiences. However, he has clarified the publisher takes the matter seriously and wants to face the transition with “unique propositions.”
The generational transition of platforms in the dedicated gaming console business is never easy. We have experienced significant challenges following successful platforms multiple times, so we never consider our current situation to be totally secure,” said the president.
The president also talks about the various challenges it faces in the dedicated console business, which makes the shift to the Nintendo Switch successor much harder. So, the company wants to continue offering “unique propositions to become a brand that customers choose.” Shuntaro admits that to overcome a slew of challenges, sticking with the current hardware-software console business is the best strategy at the moment.
Therefore, various internal researches and developments are underway over at Nintendo. The president mentions that Nintendo consoles are “not daily necessities,” so people can quickly lose attention if they are not interesting.
Therefore, it’s crucial to continue efforts to make Nintendo feel close, even outside of the dedicated gaming console, increase customers who support Nintendo IP over the long term, and maintain connections with our customers.”
- EA Debunks The Sims 4 Nintendo Switch Rumor; No Release Is Planned.
- Palworld May Be A Pokemon Rip-Off, But It Gave Fans What Nintendo Couldn’t In Years.
- Mario Creator Reminisces On How He Joined Nintendo; Talks About Retirement.
The upcoming Switch successor is heavily rumored by various sources to launch this year. However, it remains to be officially announced.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍