- Weapon Tuning is a brand new feature in COD Modern Warfare 2 that allows the player to tune certain Weapon Attachments.
- To unlock the Weapon Tuning system the weapon should be at the Maximum Level.
- With the weapon tuning system, the players will be able to tune attributes like Handling, Damage, Fire Rate, Mobility, Range, and Recoil Control.
The customization options in Modern Warfare 2 are fairly improved and better than in the previous titles. Also, the gunsmith system that we will get to experience allows us to fine-tune the attachments for our weapons in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
If you are here to learn how to tune weapons and attachments in COD Modern Warfare 2 and the unlocking process, then read our guide till the very end, as we have explained the whole process in detail.
Before we go into the process of unlocking, it is important to understand what Weapon Tuning means in COD Modern Warfare 2. Every player is aware that stats play a crucial role in the effectiveness of a particular weapon.They also determine the extent to which your weapon can deal damage to enemies while maintaining its stability. There are different attributes and factors that contribute to the overall effectiveness of your weapon. In the previous titles of Modern Warfare 2, the stats were fixed, and there was not much that you could do to improve them.
However, in COD Modern Warfare 2, we see a game-changing system called Weapon Tuning. The weapon tuning system will allow you to change or tune the stats you want for the attachments of your weapon depending on your preferences and the game mode you prioritize.
Tuning Different Stats
Weapon tuning can be selected according to a particular playstyle as well. For instance, if your playstyle is more inclined towards aggro and brutal damage dealing, you can increase your Damage Range, Fire Rate, and Handling. On the other hand, if you are a sniper user, then your key attributes to focus on will be Accuracy, Aim Idle Stability, and Range.
Similarly, for Shotgun users Accuracy Fire Rate, Mobility, ADS, and Recoil Control matters a lot. In case you are using M4, then you might want to consider tuning your optic.
By turning it the right way, you will have a significantly improved Aim Down Sight speed. Furthermore, you will also be able to tune its barrel to increase the weapon’s bullet velocity and help you obtain better accuracy for the M4.
Keep in mind that while weapon tuning is a great option, the change you will see will not be that drastic. The weapon will still keep its signature style. For example, you won’t be able to deal much damage by using a shotgun at a long range. Another downside of weapon tuning is that if you tend to increase one stat, some other stat will decrease just as much.
For instance, if you intend to improve and increase your Recoil Control for your weapon, then you will have to face a similar reduction in the Aim Walking Speed attribute as well. Therefore, it is important that you don’t overdo the weapon tuning. Otherwise, you will lose the balance of the weapon.
How To Unlock
Unlocking weapon tuning is not that easy. Especially since the Weapon Platform progression system is quite hard, in order to unlock the weapon tuning, you will have to maximize the level of your weapon currently in use or the one you want to do.Keep in mind that every weapon you use will have a different maximum level for it. So it is important to consider this factor as well.
Most pro players will tend to go for weapons that don’t have a higher maximum level in order to tune them. While it is no doubt that you will require a lot of effort before you can actually tune the weapon, the ending result you will get is worth it.
Furthermore, if you are one of the players who tend to change their playstyle a lot as well as their weapons, then it will be a long time before you can actually tune any of your weapons. The grinding is hard, but it is definitely worth it.
How To Get Max Level On A Weapon
It is important that you focus on weapons that have a lower maximum level. Another benefit to you is that the maximum level of weapons in Modern Warfare 2 is not that high as compared to the maximum levels of weapons that we saw in Modern Warfare 2019.
Furthermore, it is important to know that there are certain things that you can do in order to increase your maximum level faster. In COD Modern Warfare 2, you can easily maximize your weapon level by using different methods.
A popular method includes using the Double XP Tokens that can greatly increase your weapon level. Furthermore, another great option is to grind in the different Objective Game Modes. The best modes for XP farming are undoubtedly the Invasion mode and the Ground War.
In case you want to track your progress and see what level you are currently on, then you can simply head to the Gunsmith menu and search for your weapon, and you will be able to access your stats easily.
How To Use The Weapon Tuning System
The only hard part about the weapon tuning system was unlocking it. Using the weapon tuning system is fairly easy and won’t require much of your time.By following the steps below, you will be able to easily turn your weapons according to the stats you want in your gameplay.
- First, you need to head to your Multiplayer Loadout and open the Weapons Tab option.
- Now you need to select the weapon that you have a maximum level on. You can check that on the Gunsmith Menu.
- Next, you will have to select all the attachments that you want on the gun that you are looking to tune. You can choose the attachment you want depending on the attribute you are looking to boost.
- After that, you need to head to the Tuning Tab.
- There will be a slider option here that you can use to maximize or minimize that particular stat.
- By moving the slider in the maximum direction, you will be able to increase them. These stats will be located in the PROS column. In case you want to decrease a particular start, then you just need to minimize it.
- You can see all the information regarding the stats of the attachments you are tuning of your weapon located on the right side of your screen.
- An important thing to note is that the tuning should be done in moderation. Otherwise, your cons for the weapon will be more than the pros.
- Furthermore, it is also important to test certain attributes like the Fire Range whenever you are tuning your weapon.
If you feel like you want to change the settings back to the default weapon stats, then you can simply you remove the tunings in the menu.
Weapon Attributes To Tune In Modern Warfare 2
Following are the stats that you can tune into the game. Make sure to toggle between them in the best way possible without overpowering a certain stat, as it will ultimately have an effect on the other stats of your weapon.
- Handling: By increasing the attribute will be able to get an increased weapon-swapping speed along with an improved reloads speed of the weapon.
- Damage: The damage attribute will determine the amount of weapon that your weapon is capable of dealing with. By increasing the damage of a certain weapon, you will be able to eat up the HP of your enemy in a faster way.
- Fire rate: The Fire Rate of a weapon will determine the speed and the effectiveness at which your weapon it’s capable of firing shots. By increasing your fire, you will be able to land your shots faster and more accurately.
- Mobility: Mobility will directly affect the movement speed of the player and is a good attribute to level up for weapons that are heavier and bulkier in nature.
- Range: The range will directly determine the distance at which your weapon can hit the enemies. The longer your range is, the more enemies you will be able to take down that are at our distance from you. By increasing the range attribute, you can even have the effectiveness of a sniper on your normal assault rifle.
- Recoil control: The attribute is important for weapons that tend to shake a lot whenever you are firing them. The greater your recoil control attribute is, the more stable your weapon will be and the more steady your aim is. Recoil control is a good factor to consider leveling up for assault rifles.
- Accuracy: The attribute will improve your hipfire accuracy rate and make your weapon deadlier than before. Accuracy is a crucial factor for weapons like shotguns, and if you are using them as your main weapon, then you should definitely consider increasing it.
- Aim Down Sight Speed: The ADS speed of your weapon will determine the sight speed of your weapon and how far it can be aimed.
- Aim Walking Speed: If your weapon has a heavy ADS attribute, then we definitely recommend tuning up the Aim Walking Speed. The aim walking speed start can affect your movement speed while performing ADS.
- Aim Idle Stability: This particular attribute is great for sniper rifles as it is capable of significantly improving your aiming in case you are not moving. Therefore, by increasing the stat, you will be able to land perfect shots while in a cover.
Summing It Up
With this, we conclude our guide on how to tune attachments and Weapon Tuning in COD Modern Warfare 2 along with the unlocking process and different attributes that you can maximize using the system.
- COD MW2: Best Expedite 12 Loadout
- COD Modern Warfare 2: Best Launchers
- COD MW2: Best Kastov-74U Loadouts
- COD MW2: BEST SP-R 208 Loadout
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍