Diablo 4 is a fan-favourite game amongst all consoles, but as it is a newly released game, many gamers have reported Diablo 4 PS5 issues. There are reports of several issues with the game, not just on PS5 but on other platforms as well. However, we’ll focus on this guide covering all the Diablo 4 issues you can face on your PS5 and how to fix them.
Licensing Error 315306
Licensing error 315306 is a common and recurring problem for PS5 users playing Diablo 4. When you encounter this error, you will be shown a window with the message, “Unable to find valid license,” even though you have purchased the game. According to Blizzard, it is working on this matter, so there isn’t a solid solution to the problem yet.
Although this isn’t an effective solution, you can try adding a game to your library. The game can be free or purchased. This sometimes works, forcing your console to validate your Diablo 4 license. Multiple free games are available for download, like Minefield, Fall Guys, and Fallout Shelter.
Many PS5 users have reported extreme lagging while playing Diablo 4. This happens even if you have a good internet connection. It can occur during dialogues or combat, which ruins the game’s experience.
Change Wi-Fi Frequency Band
Changing the WiFi Frequency Band helps reduce lag by optimizing the connection between your PS5 and the router. Users preferably switch to 5GHz as it is faster and more stable.
To resolve the rubberbanding issue, follow these steps:
- First off, go to the top right corner of your screen and select PS5 settings.
- Then select Network.
- After that, select Network Settings.
- Next, press the Set Up Internet Connection option.
- Now, you must go to your router and reset it. To do this, you must unplug and then replug the router or follow this guide if you’re having trouble. Be careful while resetting your router, as it may revert to its default settings and password.
- After this, select your network and press the WI-FI Frequency Band option.
- This will open a drop-down menu in which you will change your settings from Automatic to 2.4GHz or 5GHz, see whatever works best for you.
- Then, you will navigate to Advanced Settings. In the settings, change your DNS Settings from Automatic to Manual.
- Finally, change your Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and your Secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124. If this doesn’t work, you can try 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, respectively.
Once you do this, many of the network issues you have been facing will be resolved, the lagging will go away, and your speed will be increased. If this method does not work, try the solution below. I recommend restarting your modem after applying all the changes to get the best results.
Disable Cross Platform
Many users have reported that many lag issues are resolved by disabling the cross-platform. To disable cross-platform, follow these steps:
- Press the Options button on the PS5 controller in the character selection screen.
- Next, from the menu select Options.
- In the new window, press R1 until you reach the Social tab.
- Here press X to disable the Cross-Network Play option. Remember, you can only do this in the character selection screen.
Hopefully, this will resolve your lagging issue in Diablo 4.
Pervasive Crashing Issues
One of the major contributors to Diablo 4 PS5 issues is crashes. There have been numerous reports by PS5 users facing Diablo 4 crashing problems. These crashes can occur for several reasons, like software bugs, an outdated game version, system overheating, or hardware compatibility issues.
The first thing you’ll do when you face crashes is to check for game updates, as Diablo 4 is a newly released game, and updates usually include bug fixes, improved stability, and performance optimizations. So to reduce crashes and technical issues, make sure you have the latest version of Diablo 4; follow the steps below to update your game:
- On the PS5 home screen, go to the Diablo 4 icon.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Then select the Check for Update option from the menu.
- If there is any update available, install it.
- Finally, restart Diablo 4 and check for crashes.
Clearing the cache can sometimes fix Diablo 4 PS5 crashes. It does this by refreshing the system and removing old temporary files that may be missing or corrupted. This will ensure a safe environment for Diablo 4 to run. To clear the cache, follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS5.
- Then after a few minutes, remove the power cable.
- Replug the power and turn on your PS5.
- Open and check Diablo 4 for crashes.
Rebuilding your database can help reduce crashes by reorganizing the data on your PS5 hard drive. This ensures seamless gameplay and reduces conflicts that may be due to fragmented data. To rebuild your database follow the steps below:
- Turn your PS5 off and wait a few minutes to ensure it’s turned off completely.
- Enter Safe Mode. You can do this by holding down the power button. Safe Mode is entered when you hear the second beep.
- Next, connect your controller to the PS5 using a USB cable.
- In Safe Mode, select the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database option.
- Next, press the Rebuild Database option. This process may take a while, depending on how much data you have on your PS5.
After rebuilding is finished, your PS5 will reboot, and your problem will be solved.
Tune PS5 Graphics
This is an effective solution to the crashes experienced by Diablo 4 players on PS5. By reducing or disabling some features like anti-aliasing, motion blur, or particle effects, you can redirect resources toward the performance of the game. For smoother and crash-less gameplay, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of the game.
- Navigate to the Graphics option.
- Then reduce or disable features like motion blur, particle effects, and anti-aliasing.
- Apply and save these changes.
If none of these methods help you mitigate the crashing issue, then you must consider reinstalling Diablo 4 as a last-ditch effort, as the game files themselves may have been corrupted.
Login And Skip Queues
Many players have noted issues while logging into Diablo 4; they have also noted that the queue (which should be about 1 min for PS5 players) was not budging. These frustrating issues may have been caused by server overload or some bug in Diablo 4 itself. There are two ways in which you can tackle this situation.
Add Games To PlayStation Plus
Due to some strange reason downloading games to your PlayStation Plus after you have installed Diablo 4 reduces the login and queue errors users encounter. To do this, simply:
- Open PlayStation Plus.
- Go over to Monthly Games.
- Download any game like Chivalry 2, Descenders, or Grid Legends.
For some particular reason unknown to users purchasing add-ons removes a lot of the login and skip queue issues. Many users have reported this odd fact. The cheapest add-on you can buy is $1.99. This method is recommended as a last option, so please try the other solution we have provided before trying this one.
To purchase an add-on in Diablo 4, simply:
- Scroll down after starting Diablo 4 until you’re in the Add-Ons slide.
- Here you can purchase any of the add-ons; the cheapest one that works is the 200 Platinum add-on for around $2.
Like the previous issues, if login and skip queue continues to bother you, you may have no choice but to delete and reinstall Diablo 4. PS5 users can install both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and see which one works best.
Although Diablo 4 is one of the top games this year, many issues still bother users, like licensing errors, connection errors, login and queueing issues, and many more. While Blizzard is actively working on solutions to Diablo 4 PS5 issues, many gamers have figured out workarounds to their problems.
Diablo 4 lags on your PS5 due to poor internet connection, overheating issues, a built-up cache, or a faulty internet router connected to your console.
Make sure you’ve rebuilt your databases, updated Diablo 4, updated your PS5 to the latest firmware, and have a good internet connection to avoid random lagging.
Despite the issues, Diablo 4 is definitely worth it on PS5.
Check out more error fix guides we’ve covered on eXputer for Diablo 4:
- Diablo 4 Account Locked Code 395002
- Diablo 4 World Boss Not Spawning
- Diablo 4: Unable To Find A Valid License
- 8 Ways To Fix Diablo 4 Code 397000
- How To Fix Diablo 4 Code 30008
- Diablo 4 Error Code 300202
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍