Final Fantasy XIV has received multiple expansions after its release. These expansion packs have added a plethora of content to the game. However, one of the biggest expansions was the third expansion called Shadowbringers. It was released in July 2019, and it brought a fantastic feature, the Trust System. Today, we will be talking about everything you should know about the FFXIV Trust System.
- FFXIV allows players to embark on Dungeons with NPCs through the Trust system.
- It is a good choice to mitigate queue times or if you dislike playing with people.
- You can replay all supported dungeons through the Trust system.
- The Avatar system allows you to level up these NPCs to unlock costumes for them.
FFXIV Trust System
Those of you who have played Final Fantasy XI will be familiar with this feature because it was originally introduced in it. The Trust System allows you to team up with NPCs or AI companions instead of humans to enter dungeons. The system is ideal for those who cannot join real parties because of their low experience. They can team up with NPCs and explore the dungeons they always wanted to enter.
There must be 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS to create a party with the NPCs. Otherwise, the party will not create successfully. In addition to this, if there are any real players in your party, then the feature will not work.
Two Main Modes
To use the Trust System feature in FFXIV, you will first need to reach level 71 in the Shadowbringers expansion. After that, you can enter it by selecting the “Trust under Duty” option from the main menu and then selecting the dungeon along with the NPCs you want onboard. There are two main modes of the Trust System. The first one is called Scenario Mode, and the second one is Avatars Mode.
The Scenario Mode in FFXIV is unlocked after successfully clearing the main dungeon in the main scenario. This will allow you to use the Trust System for the very first time. Head towards the dungeon entrance and multiple NPCs will be waiting for you near the entrance. All you need to do is talk to them to add them to your team.
Once you’re done with the Scenario Mode, it will get locked, and you can then jump into the Avatar Mode. The main difference between this mode and Scenario Mode is that you can bring onboard any NPC even if they weren’t available in the main scenario. Furthermore, it allows you to jump into the dungeons you have already completed. After you successfully level up all the Trust avatars to 80 in Avatar Mode, the Scenario Mode will become available for you to use anytime. This will allow you to re-enter any dungeon and experience it as if you were entering it for the first time. We will explain about leveling companions up later in the article.
List of Allied NPCs
- Alphinaud – He is a Healer who uses a unique Moonstone Carbuncle and provides a Damage Up buff.
- Alisaie – She is a Ranged Magical DPS who uses Limited Break.
- Thancred – He is a Tank who only uses cartridge-based abilities only if Ryne is in the team.
- Ryne – She is a Melee Physical DPS who can use Banish along with other normal abilities.
- Urianger – He is a Healer who has the ability to cast Death.
- Y’shtola – She is a Ranged Magical DPS who uses Water, Aero, and Stone abilities.
- Estinien – He is a Melee Physical DPS who is a Dragoon.
- Crystal Exarch – He has no specific role and offers amazing abilities.
- G’raha Tia – Same as Crystal Exarch.
- Lyna – She is a Ranged Physical DPS who is a Dancer.
Required NPC Level For Dungeons
An important thing to keep in mind is that you need to level up these NPCs in order to bring them over to higher-level dungeons. The first time you use the Trust System to enter the dungeons in Avatar Mode, all of the NPCs will be at level 71, which is the minimum level for any character to enter. However, keep in mind that in order to take your NPCs to higher lever dungeons, you need to upgrade their levels as well. If you’re at level 73 but the NPCs are still at level 71, then you won’t be able to take them to level 73 dungeons. This is why you will need to complete level 71 dungeons until your companions are upgraded to the required level of the dungeon.
List of Dungeons
- Holminister Switch – Level 71
- Dohn Mheg – Level 73
- The Qitana Ravel – Level 75
- The Malikah’s Well – Level 77
- The Mt. Gulg – Level 79
- Amaurot – Level 80
- The Grand Cosmos – Level 80
- Anamnesis Anyder – Level 80
- The Heroes’ Gauntlet – Level 80
- Matoya’s Relict – Level 80
- Paglth’an – Level 80
As you can see above, most of the dungeons are level 80. This means that you will need to upgrade all of your companions to level 80 in order to complete the majority of them. This can be done by grinding in the first two to three levels.
The best part about the Trust System in FFXIV is that you can acquire various rewards through it. Furthermore, you and your NPCs will also gain experience points every time you visit a dungeon. You can even unlock different customizations for them by maximizing their levels. In addition to this, running around with NPCs in dungeons will also help you with gaining knowledge about how various bosses work. This is something that will help you a lot during battles. They also joke a lot during the runs, so you won’t get bored with them easily.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍