If you want to improve your image quality, you must learn how to install DLSS mod in Starfield. Natively, Starfield only offers FSR 2 as its upscaling option. However, thanks to the modding community, we now have the option to download NVIDIA’s DLSS 3.5 and Intel’s XeSS in Starfield. This DLSS mod will greatly enhance Starfield’s image quality and offer a much more immersive gaming experience. Not only that, you will also notice a significant improvement in performance and FPS.
How To Install The DLSS Mod In Starfield
- Launch a browser and open this link. It will take you to the website with the DLSS mod.
- In the files tab, download the StarfieldUpscaler archive by clicking the Manual Download option. Do note that you will need to create an account to download the DLSS mod.
- This will take you to a new page with the download confirmation. Click slow download, as the fast option requires a premium account.
- Once downloaded, go back and switch to the description tab. Or click on this link to go to the description tab.
- Scroll down until you see Requirements. Now click on the Upscaler Base Plugin link.
- Once the page reloads, switch to the files tab again and download the Base Plugin. Download it the same way you downloaded the Upscaler archive.
- After downloading, switch to the description tab one more time. Now, click on the DLSS/DLAA link. This will open a new page.
- On the new page, select the latest version of DLSS and download it. It will ask you to select a server to download the file from. You must select the server closest to you.
- You might notice some warnings from your PC saying that the files can be harmful. Don’t be alarmed and allow the installation to proceed, as these files are completely safe.
- Launch Steam and navigate to your games library. Find Starfield from the list of your games and right-click it. This will display a list of options.
- Select Manage and then click on Browse Local Files. This will take you to the Starfield game folder.
- Make sure that all of the files that you downloaded are extracted. You will be able to see the folders after a successful extraction.
- Open the StarfieldUpscaler folder and copy all of its contents.
- Paste the contents in the Starfield game folder that you opened earlier.
- After the contents are pasted, you will notice a new mods folder appear inside Starfield’s game folder.
- Open the mods folder and then open UpscalerBasePlugin.
- Now open the UpscalerBasePlugin folder you downloaded from the website and copy its contents. Remember, this folder is different from the one inside the mods folder.
- Paste the copied contents inside the main UpscalerBasePlugin folder. This is the folder that you will find inside the mods folder.
- Finally, copy nvngx_dlss.dll and paste it inside the same UpscalerBasePlugin folder. Your folder should look like this:
- DLSS 3.5 is now installed. You can launch Starfield how you normally would. Press the END key on your keyboard to access the DLSS settings.
Which Preset Should I Use For DLSS?
Now that you have installed the DLSS 3.5 mod for Starfield, you might be confused about which preset to choose from. This is a crucial decision because there are a total of 6 different presets, which can confuse many players. Here’s a brief overview of each preset:
- Preset A: Great for minimizing dropped inputs and focusing on performance.
- Preset B: Similar to preset A but offers a greater focus on performance.
- Preset C: Emphasizes Performance/Balanced/Quality modes.
- Preset D: Puts a great focus on image stability.
- Preset E: Unused developmental model.
- Preset F: DLAA and Ultra Performance Modes’ default preset.
Which preset is best depends on each individual’s requirements. However, you must always avoid Presets E and F. These two presets are not great at displaying objects with high-frequency edges, as they can cause unnecessary sparkling.
To make a good choice, carefully read each preset’s description and what that preset specializes in. For instance, if your objective is to enhance performance, opt for Preset B, whereas those seeking greater input consistency can choose Preset A.
Starfield is, without a doubt, a great-looking game. However, the incredible graphics can sometimes be a double-edged sword for players with FPS or performance issues. If you learn how to install DLSS mod in Starfield, you can achieve greater performance, along with a boost in Starfield’s visuals. Now that you can enjoy Starfield with more immersion and consistency than ever before, expand your knowledge by checking out Starfield: Ship Storage.
Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) is NVIDIA’s real-time upscaling technology that uses AI to enhance a game’s visuals. DLSS 3.5 supports the RTX 20-series, 30-series, and 40-series.
Yes, none of the mod files are malicious or contain viruses. Just be careful that you don’t accidentally click on a 3rd-party ad.
The best DLSS preset depends on your needs. Pick the applicable preset from A to D. However, always avoid Preset E and F.
- Starfield Crashing: 12 Effective Fixes For PC
- Starfield Best Graphics Settings
- Starfield Into The Unknown Bug [FIXED]
- How To Fix Starfield Not Downloading
- Best Starfield Settings For Maximum Performance On PC
- Starfield Unable To Log In Error [SOLVED]
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍