New World is a game that is an MMORPG released by Amazon Games back on September 28th, 2021. With its beautiful graphics, aesthetic scenery, combat-focused gameplay, and hours of content, it had players hooked from day one. With the game came many weapon choices, making people want to experience the best New World bow build firsthand.
Here are the stats for the best bow builds in New World:
|Skill Name||Skill Type||Description||Buffs|
|Splinter Shot||Bow Skill||Shoot an arrow up to 10 meters high which splits into 3 arrows.||All arrows do 50% of the total weapon damage.|
|Penetrating Shot||Bow Skill||Allows an arrow to pierce through enemies||Does 150% damage plus continues to travel for 100 meters.|
|Rapid Shot||Bow Skill||Shoots 3 arrows.||Each arrow does 100%, 100%, and 125% damage respectively.|
|Rain Of Arrows||Bow Skill||Shoot a number of arrows for about 7 meters||All arrows do 150% of the total weapon damage|
|Evade Shot||Bow Skill||Allow the player to jump a couple of meters back.||The arrow does 125% of the total weapon damage.|
|Poison Shot||Bow Skill||Allow the player to shoot a poison arrow||- The arrow’s cloud of poison will be 3 meters with a total time occupation of 6 seconds.|
- Does 10% of the total weapon damage for 20 seconds.
|Flourish and Finish||Rapier Skill||Allow the player to perform a full-on knockback to enemies.||- The additional light attack does extra damage to enemies|
- Cooldown: 20 secs
|Fleche||Rapier Skill||Allow the player to dive forward while launching this mastery.||- Dive distance is 5 meters|
- Deals 145% of the total weapon damage
|Evade||Rapier Skill||Allows the player to dodge enemy attack||Perform increased light attacks and stun enemies.|
|Rending Throw||Hachet Skill||The player can launch an ax in the enemy’s direction.||The damage dealt is 110% of the total weapon damage|
|Raging Torrent||Hachet Skill||Increases the attack speed||- 4 attacks are dealt each of them dealing damage of 90% of the total weapon damage.|
|Berserk||Hachet Skill||Activates the Berserk Mode||- Every attack damage is increased by 20%.|
- 12 secs is the time this mode lasts for.
Related: New World Ice Gauntlet
Bow and Rapier DoT PvE Build
A Similar Read: AC Odyssey Best Builds
The Rapier and Bow combination is a beautiful one that players are sure to take advantage of, both on-field and off-field. This build is aimed for PvE-centric battles, allowing for consistent combat and high damage output. This Build is perfect for PvE combat, where players are supposed to be more assertive in combat.
When you mix the combination of Bow and Rapier, the outcomes that you can get are lethal, both in damage and personal protection.
Pros and Cons
Taking a further look into this PvE build, there are pros and cons; based on the requirements of the players, let’s take a look at some of them.
- The damage output with this rapier build is consistent, greatly aiding the player when needing to dish out damage over and over again to take down the enemies. The damage output is also strong, meaning that you will obliterate the foes in little to no time.
- The rapier build has an excellent AoE range, which is perfect for PvE combat and hitting enemies in a larger group together as a crowd.
- The Arrow launches at an excellent speed, giving the player great mobility and free Range to attack the foes and take them down with style.
- You need to have excellent dodging skills, as the knockback will cost you. Consistent running from one end to the other can waste the time of some players and cut out the total combat time against enemies.
- Missed shots will result in the player taking increased damage. Therefore, this Build is intended for experienced and veteran players.
Build Stats To Prioritize
For the bow/rapier build, five Attributes typically exist, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Focus, and Constitution. The skill points that follow the Attributes are as follows.
- Dexterity: +195
- Strength: +5
- Intelligence: +5
- Focus: +5
- Constitution: +5
Active Skills to Consider
Each skill requires some form of skill points that the player needs to invest, with almost all of the investment going into Dexterity.
Rain of Arrows
The player gets to shoot arrows that are 7 meters wide and will deal a total of 150% of the total weapon damage; it is the perfect skill for PvE-focused combat. It is of the “Active” Type, and the skill’s overall cooldown is a total of 25 seconds.
Allows the player to lunge back a total of 5 meters, and the arrow shot will deal 125% weapon damage. It is of the “Active” skill type, and the overall cooldown on the skill ends be about 15 seconds.
An arrow projectile will land a solid headshot on the enemy and produce a cloud of poison that will last for a total of 6 seconds. Enemies that are unfortunate enough to venture into the radius will take increased damage of 10% of the total weapon damage. This skill is essential to have in the rapier and the bow build.
Launch an arrow that will launch out 10 meters, and it will split into three different arrows, with each Arrow that will deal a total of 50% of the total weapon damage. The total cooldown is about 22 seconds.
Flourish and Finish
|Allow the player to perform a full-on knockback to enemies.||– The additional light attack does extra damage to enemies|
– Cooldown: 20 secs
Performs a full-on knockback to enemies that will allow you to perform an additional “Light Attack,” causing increased damage to enemies. The overall cooldown is around 20 seconds.
Passive Skills To Consider
- Infected Arrows: Add 12% weapon damage as poison over 20 sec.
- Direct Hit with “Poison Shot”: Inflicts 200% weapon damage.
- Barbed Arrows with “Rain of Arrows”: Causes 85% bleed damage over 12 sec.
- Hooked Arrows with “Rain of Arrows”: Applies 4-sec “Slow” status.
- Scatter Shot: Shoot up to 5 arrows for increased damage.
- Calculated: Reduces cooldown by 10% for all hits.
- Evasive Tactics: 5 sec of 20% increased damage after dodging.
- Mark: Debuffed enemies take 10% increased overall damage.
- Long Range: 10 meter distance grants 20% more weapon damage.
- Aim True: Heavy attacks deal 30% increased damage.
- Finishing Shot: Below 50% HP, enemies take 20% more damage.
- Arrow Range: Increases overall arrow distance by 100%.
- Surprise Attack: Unhurt enemies for 10 sec take 20% more damage.
- Hawkeye: Headshots return 10% of damage as HP.
- Bullseye: Shots deal 10% increased crit damage.
- Concussion: Headshots inflict 20% increased damage.
Perks To Look Into
- Keen: the crit rate is increased by 3%, making players able to deal more overall damage.
- Keen Tondo: the overall crit rate is increased by 2% for foes that have been hit with “Tondo’s Bleed.”
- Keen Awareness: increases crit rate by 3%, greatly aiding players in combat.
- Refreshing Move: skill cooldowns are decreased by 1%.
Bow and Spear Universal Build
Also, check out: Dying Light 2 Builds
The spear/bow is an excellent build intended to be one of the best Bow builds in New World, aimed to be a general build centric for DPS builds. You can use this Build both for PvP and PvE combat circumstances. Players can dish out tremendous damage while using this Build.
Players who want a DPS build can aim to use this in combat-heavy battles ad take advantage of its strengths to take down enemies in a lethal manner. Let’s see what it entails.
Pros and Cons Of This Build
Every Build can have its pros and cons, and the spear/bow combination will allow for an excellent PvE and PvP build.
- This Build is perfect for single-target combat, where you aim to hit opponents one by one.
- An excellent overall DPS build, as it will carry your team over and under through the toughest of battles.
- You do not need to be in close range of your foes, as the Build can be used in any range, whether close-ranged or far-ranged combat.
- The overall stat allocation is exceptionally balanced, allowing for increased damage output and centered stats.
- Not suitable for crowd control as the Build focuses highly on single-target enemies.
- Aiming skills need to be excellent if you want higher damage output; therefore, it might put off some players.
Stats And Attributes
With the spear/bow build, amongst the five different Attributes that are offered, there are a few that you need to focus on. Skill points are divided amongst these Attributes and managed equally.
- Strength: +5
- Dexterity: +195
- Intelligence: +5
- Focus: +5
- Constitution: +5
- Almost all of the skill points are focused on Dexterity.
- Almost all of the Skill points are allotted to Dexterity.
Active Spear Skills
The spear/bow build requires some skills to focus on.
- Javelin: when your spear is launched, the weapon damage will be increased by 125%, and it will stun an enemy.
- Sweep: this will target the opponent’s legs, and it will deal 75% of the total weapon damage to the legs and throw the opponent down to the ground. The cooldown is around 10 seconds.
- Vault kick: when launching your spear, you will kick your target and deal an overall 75% of the weapon damage as additional damage. This skill will stun the enemy for 1.5 seconds. Overall cooldown is 15 seconds and no longer.
Spear passive Skills
- Spear Cooldown Reduction:
- Refreshing Jabs: Second light attack decreases overall cooldown by 10 seconds.
- Refreshing Reach: Heavy attack on foe decreases cooldown by 15%.
- Damage Enhancements:
- Forceful Impact: Knockback and fall on hit, dealing extra damage.
- Finishing Blows: Opponents below 30% HP take 15% increased weapon damage.
- Merciless Strength: Knocked back enemies take 25% increased damage.
- Coup De Grace: Basic attack followed by heavy attack deals 150% additional damage.
- Relentless Blows: Hit enemies below 50% HP for “Empower” and 20% increased damage for 5 seconds.
- Deadly Distance: Damage increases by 2.5% per meter traveled, up to 100%.
- Stamina and Criticals:
- Invigorating Crits: Critical attacks give back 20 stamina.
- Muscular Conditioning: Enhances stamina regeneration rate by 30%.
- Spear Precision and Dodging:
- Tenacious Sweep: Using spear activates “Grit” and deals damage.
- Refreshing Precision: Headshot decreases cooldown by 50%.
- Aggressive Maneuvers: Dodging reduces spear cooldown by 20%.
- Cooldown Synergy:
- Continuous Motion: Critical hits reduce other spear abilities’ cooldown by 30%.
Perks To Look Into
- Bleeding Sweep: When “Coup De Grace” is cast, it will apply the “Bleed” status to enemies and deal an additional -2% of the total weapon damage for the time being of 4 seconds and no longer.
- Empowering Splinter Shot: When “Spinter Shot” is cast, it will give you “Empower,” and your overall damage will be enhanced by 4% of the total weapon damage for a total of 10 seconds.
- Keen Vault Kick: When “Vault Kick” is launched, the crit rate will be enhanced by 2% for a total of 5 seconds.
- Penetrating Rapid Shot: “Rapid Shot” attacks will see enhanced armor penetration by a total of 5 %.
Bow and Rapier PvP Build
The combination of the Bow and the rapier comes together to make a lethal PvP build that is sure to obliterate enemies with ranged shots as well as close-ranged shots.
Rapier masteries to focus on
Agility and mobility are yet another focus of this Build. It is rendered as one of the most worthwhile bow builds.
|Allow the player to dive forward while launching this mastery.||– Dive distance is 5 meters|
– Deals 145% of the total weapon damage
The adventurer can dive forward for about 5 meters when launching this mastery while also dealing 145% of the total weapon damage as additional damage to opponents, incessantly obliterating them.
|Allows the player to dodge an enemy attack||– Perform increased light attacks and stun enemies.|
As the name suggests, you can dodge an enemy’s skull, allowing you to perform increased light attacks and stunning enemies as you fight with them.
Skills To Unlock
- Crescendo: when light attack launches are a success, the mastery’s cooldown will be decreased by a total of 30%.
- Adagio: when launching evades, if you hit the enemy successfully, it will deal 15% additional damage of the total weapon damage, and it will last for one second.
- Allegro: you can move a lot faster for a total of 3 seconds with a movement speed of about 20%.
- Breath In: you will regain 20% of your overall stamina back when casting this skill with “Evade.”
This mastery will allow you to go into defense mode for a total of one second. When you counter an attack to your opponent, it will apply the “Stun” status to them for a total of 1.5 seconds, allowing you to damage your foes more.
Skills to unlock
- Lasting consequence: when casting this skill with “Riposte,” the stun application time is increased from one second to two seconds, allowing you to deal more damage to enemies.
- Priority: when a “Stun” is applied to an opponent with success, it will decrease all “Riposte” cooldowns by a total of 20%.
- Insult to injury: for every “Riposte” cast that is successful, your overall attack will not get interrupted by your opponents for a total of 3 seconds.
Overall Passives To Focus On
- Swiftness: when an opponent deals with any hit, you will gain increased 3% “Haste,” which will last for a total of 4 seconds.
- Perfectionist: if your HP bar is at full, you will be able to deal 10% increased damage, greatly obliterating them in your wake.
- Controlled breathing: Upon launching any successful hit to an enemy, increased stamina by +3.
- Unerring: enemies that have the “Rapier Bleed” attached to them will intake 5% increased damage.
- Desperation: upon having less than 40% stamina in your stamina bar, the overall damage is increased by a total of 10%.
- Light Edge: light attack second damages are increased by 8%.
- Engarde: if an opponent has more than 50% health, they will intake 10% increased overall weapon damage.
Bow and Hatchet PvE Build
This hatchet and bow build aims to convert the adventurer into an active killing machine. The DPS-centric Build will offer you excellent mobility and insane Strength to defeat any opponents that dare venture your way. The main focus for this Build is to be as strong as possible so that you can get the most out of every mastery and skill in this Build.
Hatchet Masteries To Focus
The main focus for this Build is to be as strong as possible so that you can get the most out of every mastery and skill in this Build.
|The player can launch an ax in the enemy’s direction.||– The damage dealt is 110% of the total weapon damage|
With this mastery, you can launch an ax in the direction of your opponent that will deal a lot of damage, about 110% of the total weapon damage.
Skills To Focus On
- Second wind: if the opponent has any debuffs placed on them, the skill cooldown will be decreased by 20%.
- Opportunistic: if the opponent has any debuffs placed on them, they will intake 20% additional damage.
- Targeted impact: if the enemy is at a distance of 8 meters from you, the “Rend” damage will be enhanced by 8% of the total damage taken.
|Increases the attack speed||– 4 attacks are dealt each of them dealing damage of 90% of the total weapon damage.|
This mastery increases your attack speed, and a total of 4 attacks will be dealt with, each being extremely fast while also dealing 90% of the total weapon damage output.
Skills To Focus On
- Final Blow: upon casting “Raging Torrents,” any light attack towards the opponent will make them take 120% increased overall damage.
- Aggressive approach: your overall movement speed will be enhanced by 20% for a total of 6 seconds.
|Activates the Berserk Mode||– Every attack damage is increased by 20%.|
– 12 secs is the time this mode lasts for.
Upon casting the mastery, a “Berserk Mode” will be cast, increasing every attack damage by a total of 20%, and the mode will last for a total of 12 seconds.
Skills To Focus On
- Berserking Purge: upon casting the “Berserk” mastery, if the player has any crowd control debuffs on them, it will remove them.
- Berserking Refresh: upon casting this skill, you will be able to gain your HP back about 30%, and every 4 seconds, you will gain a small amount of HP.
- On the hunt: the player’s movement speed will get enhanced by 20%.
Passives To Look Into
- Exploitation: Opponents who are unfortunate enough to have any debuffs placed on them will take 15% more damage.
- Critical Throw: When axes are launched towards an opponent, it will trigger “Headshots” that will always crit no matter what, greatly aiding the player in getting rid of the enemy.
- Fortifying Strikes: when three light attacks are cast against the same opponent, and the opponent successfully takes damage, the player will be granted with “Fortify” for a total of 3 seconds.
- Against All Odds: for every opponent that is unfortunate enough to stand at a 5-meter radius of the player, they will intake 10% increased overall damage.
- Accumulated Power: upon casting three light attacks against the same opponent, you will enhance the player with “Empower” for a total of 3 seconds.
- Enraged Strikes: if the HP of the opponent is below 30%, all regular and heavy attacks will increase by 20% of the total weapon damage.
- Defy Death: as said in the skill, the player gains immortality for a few seconds after intaking a lot of damage.
Bow Masteries to Focus On
Here is a list of bow masteries you should focus on while using this build.
Three arrows are shot out upon casting the mastery. The first two arrows will deal an additional 100% of the total weapon damage. The third one will deal 125% of the total weapon damage. This mastery is crucial to have in the hatchet and bow build combination.
Skills To Focus On
- The Final Blow: upon casting “Rapid Shot,” the third Arrow will make the opponent intake 25% additional damage on top of the 125% damage.
- Rapid accuracy: if the three arrows launched on the Rapid Shot hit all the same opponents, Rapid Shot’s cooldown will be decreased by 50%.
When an arrow is cast and hits the target and runs through it, it will make them intake 150% additional damage of the total weapon damage.
Skills To Focus On
- Concussion: When opponents deliver headshots, they will intake 20% more damage.
- Deep Strike: upon casting “Penetrating Shot,” if the foe is at a distance of 20 meters or more, they will intake 20% increased damage.
- Blood-soaked Arrow: upon launching an attack on the enemy, they will continue to take in 10% increased damage.
Rain Of Arrows
A whole load of arrows is launched that are 7 meters in width and will make the opponent intake 150% increased weapon damage.
Skills To Focus On
- Barbed Arrows: increased 85% of the total weapon damage for a total of 12 seconds.
New World Bow
The Bow is an excellent weapon added to New World, and players who know how to play will know that the Bow is perfect for single-target combat and has an excellent AoE range. Bows tend to work like a projectile, aiding players greatly in PvP or PvE combats. When aiming with a bow, players are advised to aim slightly higher than their original target to land a crit with a headshot. We will be discussing the best bow build New World in our guide.
With the Bow being such a single-target-focused weapon, it has a total of 6 abilities. Still, when the player is gaming, they are limited to three abilities of equipment at one time.
|Shoot an arrow up to 10 meters high, which splits into 3 arrows.||– All arrows do 50% of the total weapon damage.|
This Ability which deems perfect for PvE combat; when you shoot an arrow for up to 10 meters, it will separate into three different arrows. All these arrows deal 50% of the total weapon damage. The player needs to have an excellent Range and many experiences to hone this Ability.
|Allows an arrow to pierce through enemies||– Does 150% damage plus continues to travel for 100 meters.|
An arrow that can pierce through enemies, all the while dealing a total of 150% damage and continuing forward for a total of 100 meters. This Ability is excellent for hitting opponents in a group, meaning this Ability is perfect for multiple-target enemies.
|Shoots 3 arrows.||– Each arrow is doing 100%, 100%, and 125% damage, respectively.|
This Ability shoots out a total of 3 arrows, and each of them will deal damage likewise, 100%, 100% than the last one piercing through foes with 125% damage. Perfect for single-target combat, but the overall AoE range is not that great.
Rain of Arrows
|Shoot a number of arrows for about 7 meters||– All arrows do 150% of the total weapon damage|
This Ability aims to shoot many arrows outwards for about 7 meters that will deal a total of 150% of the total weapon damage. Its overall AoE makes it excellent for PvP combat, and it is also perfect for a single target.
|Allow the player to jump a couple of meters back.||– The arrow does 125% of the total weapon damage.|
This Ability causes the player to jump back a couple of meters, with the Arrow dealing a total of 125% of the total weapon damage, perfect for shooting enemies down while still maintaining a distance.
|Allow the player to shoot a poison arrow||– The arrow’s cloud of poison will be 3 meters with a total time occupation of 6 seconds.|
– Does 10% of the total weapon damage for 20 seconds.
As mentioned in the name, the Arrow is marked with a “cloud of poison” that will be 3 meters in radius and will last for a total of 6 seconds. Enemies that are unlucky enough to enter the radius of the poison cloud will inhibit 10% weapon damage for a total of 20 seconds.
More From Exputer: New World Arcana Leveling
Every Ability that a build comes with a similar Perk that works excellently with it. Keep in mind that you can only take advantage of one Weapon Ability Perk at a time and no more.
- Empowering Splinter Shot: when launching a splinter shot, you will gain “ Empower,” which will increase your overall damage for a total of 10 seconds.
- Refreshing Penetrating Shot: When casting a “Penetrating Shot,” the overall cooldown of this Ability gets reduced by a certain percentage. An excellent perk to assist the adventurer.
- Penetrating Rapid Shot: when hitting the enemies, this perk will allow the last Arrow of “Rapid Shot” to penetrate slightly more into the foe’s armor, causing a lot of extra damage.
- Fortifying Rain of Arrows: when the Ability is cast, the adventurer will gain “Fortify,” allowing you to absorb damage for a few seconds.
- Energizing Evade Shot: Perfect for Dodge Rolling, you can regain some stamina after obliterating the enemy with the “Evade Shot” ability.
Bow Scaling and Attributes
When crafting an excellent new world bow, the Bow’s attributes should be kept in mind. The Bow tends to scale off entirely Dexterity, resulting in the overall investment of the adventurer ending up being in Dexterity. As the Attribute provides good damage buffs and increased chances of survival, it is highly recommended to focus on Dexterity.
The second Attribute point to consider is Constitution, which is excellent for PVP builds, making you a lot safer. It will make enemies prone to taking increased damage when going out for war. A healthy mix of Constitution and Dexterity is highly recommended, with the main focus being on Dexterity itself.
Pros and Cons
With the Bow being such a powerful weapon in New World, in honing the best Bow to build a new world, you need to know the basic pros and cons that come with using a bow to take down enemies.
- The Higher AoE range makes the Bow an excellent weapon for taking down larger enemies, making it excellent for war.
- If you aim to hit long-distance shots toward enemies, the Bow is an excellent choice to have.
- Increased mobility with the “Archer’s Speed” skill, greatly aiding the adventurer in combat.
- The Bow is an excellent weapon to hone against highly corrupted enemies.
- The player needs to have aiming skills. Otherwise, targets could be missed.
- The Bow is not an excellent option for crowd control; therefore a limited option for players.
- Enemies that are the “Angry Earth” and “Lost” types are stronger at taking damage against Bow attacks.
Next: Far Cry 6 Builds
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍