Dive into Zelda’s Tears of the Kingdom and explore the Fire Temple, a giant puzzle hidden deep underground. Players need to solve tricky puzzles, beat the tough boss, and save the people of Goron City. Players should also be able to effectively use minecarts and fans to move around. Just remember, the Fire Temple is hot, so you’ll need lots of fire protection. Here is how to conquer this challenging adventure easily.
What Is Fire Temple In Tears of the Kingdom?
The Fire Temple is a very exciting adventure. Here are some things you need to know:
- The temple is in a place called Gorondia, which is under the Gorons’ home. To reach it, one has to brave a path across simmering lava pools, adding an element of danger and thrill to your adventure.
- Fire temple spans five extensive floors, each offering unique challenges.
- Broken minecart tracks act as your mode of transport, enabling you to cross from one floor to another and overcome enormous gaps within the ruins.
- The Flamebreaker Set from Goron City, which provides protection against the intense heat, is a must-have.
In addition, we advise you to opt for metal weapons as wooden ones will not withstand the scorching temperatures and will burn away. Notably, the Fire Temple isn’t just about combat but also puts your problem-solving skills to the test. The temple’s design requires the use of Yunobo’s special ability to progress through the puzzle. This unique rolling attack is the key to striking the gongs scattered around the temple, an essential task to unlock the temple’s doors.
Things Present In The Temple
There are five gongs in the temple, and you have to find and hit all of them.
- When you start, go north and touch the Zonai Pedestal to open a fast travel point. There are some useful things you can find inside the temple:
- On entering the temple, two small rooms greet you. On the left, an arsenal of metal weapons awaits, while on the right, a chest laden with arrows is present.
- Once you touch the altar, positioned at the heart of the temple, a teleportation point reveals itself.
- From here, your primary task is to ride the minecarts, leveraging Yunobo’s abilities to strike the gongs, thus unlocking the doors and progressing in your journey through the temple.
Locks In Fire Temple
There are five locks in the Fire Temple. These locks can be released by targeting gongs using Yunobo’s Rolling Fireball ability. Here is how we found and unlocked each lock in the game.
In the Fire Temple Tears of the Kingdom,’ the first lock is quite an adventure to unlock. After examining the Zonai terminal in the central chamber, we move southwards and take a left turn to encounter two lava rivers. The first river can be crossed by hopping on stone slates. However, the second river is wider and lacks any such slates.
At this point, we’ll find some Hydrant Zonai devices on our left. Activating them causes water to spray out, which solidifies when it contacts the lava, forming solid platforms. Players can pick up the hydrant and walk across the lava on these newly created platforms to get to the other side. Here are the key steps players need to follow:
- Examine the Zonai terminal and then leave the central chamber to go south.
- Turn left and you will find two lava rivers. Use the stone slates to cross the first river.
- Activate the Hydrant Zonai devices near the second river. This will create a solid floor in the lava.
- Pick up the hydrant and walk over the lava using these platforms.
After crossing the lava river, we’ll find a minecart on the tracks. Hit the minecart to activate a fan and use Yunobo’s ability to trigger the switch placed on the left of the tracks, changing the direction of the minecart track. This will take us to the south room.
In this room, we’ll find a Fire Like, creature players need to defeat. Behind a pillar in the same room, there are more Hydrants. Take a hydrant and take it downwards to the lava. Using it will create more slates, which we will need for the next part. Here’s what players need to do next:
- Hop in the minecart and hit it to start the fan.
- Use Yunobo’s ability to trigger a switch and swap the minecart track’s route.
- Defeat the Fire Like in the south room.
- Grab a Hydrant and create some more slate by taking it down the slope to the lava.
Using these slates, players can use the Ultrahand ability to stick these slates together to form a path across to a marbled rock. This rock can then be broken with Yunobo’s roll ability. This allows us to access an area with a gong, which Yunobo can hit to unlock the first lock.
In the Fire Temple, players will find that unlocking the second lock involves quite a bit of exploration and puzzle-solving. First, players need to return to the previously used minecart, where we will strike a switch to open the adjacent gate.
Boarding the minecart, we will ride up to the second floor (2F), smashing a boulder en route with Yunobo’s help and uncovering a chest filled with 10 arrows. Once we reach the track’s end, players trigger a bell-shaped device to turn the minecart around, then climb back in. Here are the key steps we will take:
Activating The Fan
In the next phase, we will activate the fan before using Yunobo to hit the arrow switch ahead, diverting our course from left to right.
- At approximately the halfway point of the map, we will come across a gate.
- By striking the bell, players can open this gate and navigate the minecart north, where another chest housing 10 arrows await.
- After retrieving the arrows, we will head back to the central platform.
- Next, to reach the gong, we will disembark from the minecart, cross the bridge to the left, and ring the bell to lower the tracks.
- With Ultrahand, players can place the minecart back onto the tracks, riding it north towards a lava-filled chamber.
- Breaking the marbled boulder in the lava pool allows the Hydrant’s water to connect with the lava, which then allows for slate to flow toward me.
We hop onto a piece of slate, using recall to send it back from where it came, granting access to the other side. After defeating the Flux Construct in the next room and hitting the gong with Yunobo, the second lock is successfully unlocked.
In the mystical Fire Temple, unlocking the third lock involves another series of exploration and puzzle-solving. Players first need to return to the previously utilized minecart and use the Ultrahand to shift its course to the left track.
After boarding the minecart, they must strike a bell with an arrow, leading the minecart to ascend to the third floor (3F). The 3F presents an intricate labyrinth with various alternate paths to discover. Among these, players will find a shorter minecart route in the northwest that leads to a chest holding a Strong Zonai Shield. The key steps here are:
- Revisit the minecart and manipulate the Ultrahand to divert it to the left track.
- Ride the minecart up to the third floor (3F), triggering a bell with an arrow to elevate.
- Explore the various routes on 3F, including a path toward a Strong Zonai Shield, contained in a chest.
Accessing The Central Room
Next, players will find their way to a central room, functioning as the heart of the temple with numerous routes diverging from it. The room is initially occupied by Constructs and littered with Zonai device capsules. After overcoming the Constructs, players will have to gather these capsules.
In the same central room, players can activate a handy shortcut that leads back to the first floor (1F), enabling quick navigation. This room will be revisited several times throughout the temple journey. Key actions in this phase are:
- Arrive at the central room, defeat the Constructs, and collect Zonai device capsules.
- Activate a convenient shortcut to the first floor (1F) from this room.
To proceed towards the fourth lock, players can take another route in the central room. Like a complex puzzle, the Fire Temple will keep the players on their toes, challenging them with its intricate design and numerous secrets. The sense of triumph in unlocking the third lock will undoubtedly motivate players to continue their journey in this captivating world.
To unlock the fourth lock in the Fire Temple Tears of the Kingdom, follow these steps:
- Return to the central room on the third floor (3F).
- Use a rocket with the minecart to propel the minecart over the damaged rails to the southwest section of the fourth floor (4F).
- Repair the broken bridge using Ultrahand to make it slope upwards.
- Climb the bridge and retrieve a Ruby from a chest at the back.
- Break the marbled boulder above with Yunobo to create a hole, causing a large block to fall.
- Climb the block and use Recall to travel up to the fifth floor (5F), where the gong is located.
In the workshop area:
- Lower the intact rail by hitting the nearby device.
- Smack the right device to raise the associated rail into the air.
- Ride a cart along the raised rail while dealing with an enemy in a rival cart.
- Deactivate the Fan as the cart reaches the end of the rail to slow down and jump out safely.
To construct the bridge and reach the fourth gong:
- Use the stone slates formed by the hydrant and use them as a long bridge in front of the gong.
- Fire Yunobo up the bridge to hit the gong.
- Smash the rock to your right side on top of the stone ramp using Yunobo to allow the hydrant to freely flow.
- Use the floor that you created using hydrant to attach each piece to the concrete slope and construct a bridge upwards towards the rock and the gong placed in the middle of the room.
For the final part of the puzzle:
- Return to the 3F intersection and join the rails direct towards the front using the switch placed to your right.
- Reach the other area of the 4F section with a gong on the top with a formation of a raised rock.
- Use the Zonai Hydrant to create igneous rock ledges and align them to form a slightly raised ramp.
- Use Yunobo’s Rolling Fireball ability to target the gong.
To access the gong chamber:
- Take the cart back to 3F and ride the moderately broken cart up to the area above.
- Climb up the chamber with the gong using the destructible rock over the damaged bridge.
- Ring the gong to complete the fourth lock.
To unlock the fifth lock in the Fire Temple, follow these steps:
- Head back to the room with lock 3 and use the previously created ramp to shoot Yunobo at a marbled boulder to the southwest.
- You can either create a long slope and run up there or glide from lock 4 on 5F.
- Descend through the central opening in the room and find a chest with a Soldier II Reaper.
- Once you reach 1F, you’ll be in an enclosed room that has a gong.
- Hit the gong to unlock the final lock and activate a switch that opens the gate, thus saving you the trouble of returning to the central chamber.
Come back to the chamber, engage with the device, and enter the large room in a dome shape. Use Yunobo’s rolling ability to roll up the vertical wall to strike the rock positioned overhead which turns out to be a known foe. From the previous gong, turn backward and proceed to the slight incline to your right.
- Use the ramp to shoot Yunobo at the massive marbled rock across the gap, revealing an entrance.
- Construct a long bridge by using slabs to cross the gap.
- Attach the slabs together to form a bridge that is long enough for you to reach up the window.
Enter through the window, paraglide down the vertical shaft to the bottom, and find the final gong. Target the gong, and activate the switch to open the door leading to the inner sanctum. and discover a chest with a Strong Zonaite Longsword.
- Once all five gongs have been triggered, the massive door situated at the center of the temple will be freed from all locks, allowing passage through.
- Interact with the Zonai Pedestal to gain access to the inner sanctum.
- Launch Yunobo upward along the curved wall to shatter the great marbled rock, unveiling the boss hiding beyond.
How To Defeat Marbled Gohma?
Congratulations on reaching the boss chamber of the Fire Temple. Now, it’s time to face the formidable Marbled Gohma and emerge victorious. With a strategic approach and effective utilization of Yunobo’s abilities, you’ll be able to overcome this challenging encounter.
Phase 1 (Weakening Marbled Gohma)
As you enter the battle arena, you’ll notice Marbled Gohma covered in the same marbled rocks encountered throughout the temple. Your primary target will be its legs.
- Utilize Yunobo’s roll ability to hit and destroy two of the boss’s legs, causing it to collapse.
- While attacking, be mindful of the explosive rocks thrown by Gohma.
- You can either roll Yunobo into them or use Recall to redirect the projectiles back at the boss.
- Additionally, Gohma can generate a shockwave by stomping its legs, so it’s advisable to maintain distance during this phase.
After successfully defeating Marbled Gohma, ascend onto its body and concentrate your attacks on its exposed eye, exploiting its vulnerability. Continuously strike the eye until the boss begins to shake vigorously. When this happens, it’s essential to jump off to avoid taking damage.
Phase 2 (Pursuing Gohma on the Ceiling)
In the second phase, Marbled Gohma takes to the ceiling, making it necessary to adapt your strategy.
- Utilize the curved walls in the room to roll Yunobo up and above, targeting Gohma.
- Due to the boss’s increased mobility, it’s often safer to roll Yunobo even if your aim isn’t precise, as he will circle back and potentially get a second shot at Gohma.
- However, beware of the ring of marbled boulders that Gohma throws to trap you.
- Break free by either using Yunobo to destroy the rocks or employing Recall and quickly escaping through the gap.
When you successfully hit Marbled Gohma once while it’s on the ceiling, it will fall to the ground. Climb up its body and resume your assault on the eye. Repeat this process as Gohma recreates the rock cage and launches three exploding rocks. Remember to charge up Yunobo’s ability while the boss is recovering to swiftly break free from the rock cage and continue the attack.
By implementing these strategies and capitalizing on Yunobo’s abilities, you will eventually emerge triumphant against Marbled Gohma. Claim your well-deserved Heart Container and witness the transformation of Yunobo into the Sage of Fire.
In Tears of the Kingdom, players face the challenging Fire Temple beneath Goron City. They must navigate lava pools, solve puzzles, and use minecarts to progress. Equipping the Flamebreaker Set from Goron City provides vital heat protection. Yunobo’s rolling attack is key to striking gongs that unlock doors. With perseverance and strategic thinking, players can triumph over the Fire Temple and emerge victorious in this thrilling adventure.
- How to get rupees Tears of the Kingdom?
- Best items of Tears Of The Kingdom
- Tears of the Kingdom All cherry blossom trees
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍