Psyker is among the four different classes in Warhammer 40K Darktide that, although it can be tough to utilize properly, can be one of the most versatile and fun classes to use. But if you use some of the best Psyker Builds in Warhammer 40K Darktide, you won’t have any trouble fully utilizing everything the class offers.
Best Feats For Psyker BuildFirst, let’s checkout the full overview of the Best Feats for the Psyker Build:
|Replenish 10% Toughness when kill an enemy with Warp Attack
|Grants +5% toughness whenever Peril meter drops by 10%
|3% damage increase when you get 12% Warp Charge buff
|Wrack And Ruin
|Eliminate kill an elite with Brain Burst for getting three-meter
vicinity's enemies afflicted with Soulblaze damage
|Total 24% resistance increase
|Max +15% damage increase
|Receive +15% damage from all non-Warp sources for five seconds
|Eliminate an enemy in Coherency for having 4% chance of
receiving Warp Charge
|Allows you to take between 10% - 33% reduce Toughness damage
from Ranged Attacks
|Mind in Motion
|You can move on full speed with having reload button that
reduce your Peril
|-Grant 10% chance of performing a Brain Burst
-15-second delay in the Brain Burst activation
|Buff maximum number of Warp Charges to six
|Attack enemies with max stacks of Warp Charges
|Grant 10% chance of gaining a Warp Charge whenever kill an
enemy with Soulblaze damage
|-50% reduced Peril build-up
-25% faster recharge time of Brain burst
What truly defines a build is the feats that you pick for it. Although weapons can definitely make a difference, Psyker is the type of class that relies more on using the right feats than the actual weapon.
As you might know, Feats are unlocked per each fifth level that you unlock (5, 10, 15, and so on), and you get three Feats per level. All of those Feats are useful in their own manner and can go towards different types of builds. We’ll discuss most of the useful skills and how you could implement them to create an extremely strong Psyker Build. However, if you just want a summary, you can look at the table below.
|Brain Buster Build (Advanced)
|Wrack and Ruin
|Mind in Motion
Your first set of three Feats will be unlocked once you reach level 5. Most skills focus on replenishing your Toughness in unique ways, with some being more useful than others.
Here’s a breakdown of each Feat:
- Warp Absorption: This Feat replenishes 10% of your Toughness when you eliminate an enemy with a Warp Attack. It’s particularly useful for builds that heavily rely on Warp Attacks, providing consistent Toughness regeneration during combat.
- Quietude: Offering a +5% toughness boost each time your Peril meter decreases by 10%, Quietude is beneficial for early-game leveling and learning the Psyker class. It synergizes well with Battle Mandellion, helping to manage Peril while providing additional Toughness.
- Essence Harvest: Ideal for builds centered around single-target takedowns with Brain Burst, Essence Harvest restores 30% of your Toughness for five seconds whenever you gain a Warp Charge. Combined with Warp Siphon’s damage increase, it enhances both defense and offense against high-value targets.
Level 10The Feats that you unlock at level 10 are really more focused on making it easier to deal with Peril or things that can help you hurt more than one enemy at once.
- Wrack And Ruin: This Feat triggers Soulblaze on enemies within a three-meter radius whenever you eliminate an elite or specialist with Brain Burst. It’s excellent for Brain Burst-focused builds, providing additional damage over time to nearby enemies and enhancing crowd control capabilities.
- Inner Tranquillity: For players struggling with Peril management while utilizing Brain Burst, Inner Tranquillity offers a solution. It slows down the Peril meter’s fill rate by 6% for each Warp Charge obtained from using Brain Burst. This Feat provides up to 24% resistance at level 10 and increases to 36% at level 15.
- Psykinetic’s Wrath: This Feat offers a damage boost to melee weapons based on the current Peril meter level, providing up to +15% damage increase. It’s most effective for players comfortable with managing Peril, especially in max-level builds. Psykinetic’s Wrath is particularly beneficial for those utilizing Force weapon attacks with staves and swords.
Level 15Most of, in fact, all of the Feats that you will unlock at Level 15 will be targeted towards working with your allies and using the abilities to either benefit them or get the benefit for yourself by sticking close to them.
- Cerebral Lacerations: This Feat enhances your Brain Burst ability, granting enemies hit by it a +15% damage vulnerability from all non-Warp sources for five seconds. It’s particularly effective against tougher enemies and bosses, providing a significant damage boost to both you and your teammates when attacking together.
- Psychic Communion: Ideal for builds centered around Warp Charges, Psychic Communion increases the frequency of obtaining Warp Charges. Whenever you or an ally in Coherency eliminates an enemy, you have a 4% chance of gaining a Warp Charge. While its effectiveness depends on your build and coordination with your team, Psychic Communion can be valuable for maximizing Warp Charge utilization and enhancing Psyker’s abilities.
Level 20There are only two Feats in level 20, which are worth considering. That is because Kinetic Deflection uses Peril to block attacks instead of stamina, which isn’t ideal as you’ll already be building up Peril through other actions. Regardless, the other two Feats can be used effectively according to your build type.
- Mind in Motion:
- Mind in Motion is beneficial for players struggling with managing Peril, allowing full movement speed while holding the reload button to reduce Peril. It’s particularly useful for those who frequently use Brain Burst, as this ability tends to build up Peril quickly. Maintaining regular movement speed instead of being slowed down by high Peril levels can improve positioning and overall survivability.
- Kinetic Shield:
- Kinetic Shield offers an alternative option for players comfortable managing Peril and seeking additional protection. This Feat reduces Toughness damage from ranged attacks by 10% to 33% based on the current number of Warp Charges. Since accumulating more Warp Charges is crucial for Psyker builds to enhance damage and gain buffs, Kinetic Shield provides extra defense that synergizes well with Warp Charge accumulation.
Level 25The Feats you get in Level 25 are all equally good and have a place in different builds. Therefore, consider what kind of Feats you already have and choose one of the following accordingly.
- Warp Battery:
- Increases your maximum number of Warp Charges to six, up from four.
- Ideal for builds that heavily rely on Warp Charges and stackable buffs like Inner Tranquility.
- Provides greater flexibility and versatility in combat by allowing for more Warp Charge-dependent abilities.
- Kinetic Flayer:
- Grants a 10% chance of performing a Brain Burst on enemies every time you hit them.
- Suited for offensive builds focused on dealing high damage and utilizing Brain Burst frequently.
- Offers significant offensive potential but comes with a 15-second cooldown and cannot be activated if your Peril meter is red.
- Kinetic Overload:
- When you have maximum stacks of Warp Charges, inflicts Soulblaze on a nearby enemy instead of gaining an additional Warp Charge.
- Suitable for players who prefer passive attacks and want to focus on dealing consistent damage to enemies, especially Elites.
- Provides an alternative option for players who do not prioritize increasing their total number of Warp Charges.
Level 30Once you’re level 30, you’ll have a good idea of what your build is capable of and what kind of Feat you should pick. All of the Feats focus heavily on Psyker’s active ability, and Psykinetic’s Wrath, with the difference being whether you want to keep your Warp Charges or not.
- Kinetic Barrage:
- After using Psykinetic’s Wrath, Brain Bursts recharge 25% faster and have 50% reduced Peril build-up.
- Ideal for maintaining consistent damage output and utilizing Brain Bursts multiple times without worrying about losing Warp Charges.
- Provides increased flexibility in combat by allowing for more frequent and efficient use of Psykinetic’s Wrath and associated abilities.
- Ascendant Blaze:
- Removes all Warp Charges and inflicts enemies hit by Psykinetic’s Wrath with Soulblaze stacks equal to the number of Warp Charges removed.
- Offers a riskier playstyle by sacrificing Warp Charges for increased damage over time to affected enemies.
- Provides additional utility by granting a 10% chance of gaining a Warp Charge each time an enemy is killed by Soulblaze damage, regardless of the source.
- Synergizes well with the Wrack and Ruin Feat, allowing for enhanced damage and strategic use of Soulblaze effects in combat situations.
Best WeaponsAlthough the Feats are truly what make the Psyker Build in Warhammer 40K Darktide as best as it can be, you need to have a good selection of weapons as well to maximize the build. Here are some suggestions for weapons that you could choose from.
Purgatus Force Staff
There are multiple force staffs that you could use with the build. However, the Purgatus Force Staff might be a better option as it is great for dealing high amounts of damage. For the perks, you can choose Damage to Unarmored Enemies and Increased Ranged Critical Strike Chance.
Blaze Force Sword
If you’re using Warp Absorption or Psykinetic’s Wrath as your Feats, then having some sort of sword is vital. You can equip it with Melee Critical Chance and Slaughterer as the perks and blessings. It is worth noting that although simple sword swings don’t contribute to the buffs of Warp Absorption, the charged ones do.
Voidstrike Force Staff
If you’ve steered your build in the direction of focusing on a single target at a time, perhaps through the use of Brain Burst, then Voidstrike Force Staff will definitely complement that build. It can inflict a great amount of damage on a single enemy if you can get used to its aiming. You can use perks like Damage to Unyielding enemies and Damage to Carapace Armored Enemies to take down single big targets.
With that, you know plenty of information to develop your best build for Psyker in Warhammer 40K Darktide. Your selection of Feats truly determines what kind of build you’ll have. And with such diversity, you can almost go for any build, whether it be single-enemy focused or a crowd controller.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍