- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is an upcoming action RPG with a story-driven campaign system, featuring two main characters — Red and Antea — and the ability to play them both and combine their skills.
- The game was previously known to be released on November 7, 2023, but in a new update, Don’t Nod has announced that Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden will make landfall on February 13, 2024, a day before Valentine’s Day.
- This decision was taken while taking into account other big releases scheduled for later in the year, namely Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, and even Super Mario Bros. Wonder. The devs have planned on moving Banishers to a release period that’s less packed with other major titles.
Don’t Nod, the famed creator behind the Life is Strange series and Vampyr is currently looking to out another enticing game in the not-so-distant future. An action RPG by nature that blends supernatural and gun-centric combat, Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden now has a new release date, as opposed to its initial November 7 launch day.
Taking to Twitter, Don’t Nod took the liberty of making the announcement, stating that its new venture will now make landfall on February 13, 2024. This decision comes after factoring into account some of the other big releases that are coming out later in the year, including the likes of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and others.
— DON'T NOD (@DONTNOD_Ent) September 26, 2023
Don’t Nod says that it’s planned to move the landing day of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden to a time that’s not as saturated with other highly anticipated titles as the remainder of this year. “With so many unforgettable games in 2023, it’s important that each of them shines brightly. Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is no exception,” says the developer.
Other News Pieces to Read Up On Check Out:
- Yuri Lowenthal On Playing Spider-Man: “I’ll Do It To My Dying Breath If They’ll Let Me”
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #7 Fixes Several Crashes And Game-Save Bugs
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty’s Main Quest Can Be Failed Permanently At The Start
Expanding on this new resolution, Don’t Nod issued a press release, and outed a joint declaration from Oskar Guilbert, CEO of Don’t Nod, and John Bert, the Managing Director at Focus Entertainment. The reason cited for the release date push is as follows.
We have decided to postpone the release of this new franchise by three months, as the market is experiencing an intense release cycle for AAA titles on PC and consoles at the end of the year. We are convinced that a commercial release of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden during a less saturated period will give it the attention it deserves.”
As for the release date decided upon now for Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, February next year has some other releases to talk about as well, namely Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Tomb Raider Remastered, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Nevertheless, that time frame appears to be more comfortable for the folks up high to release their RPG.
Speaking of RPG, did you know that Banishers’ combat takes inspiration from the God of War games? The title’s Creative Director, Phillipe Moreau told PLAY Magazine the following in an interview. Come to take a closer look at the gameplay reveal trailer, there are a fair number of similarities between the recent God of War games, namely the 2018 reboot and Ragnarok, and the RPG at hand.
We decided very early in the development to just begin a new fight system from scratch. So we took God Of War as the main inspiration, [particularly with the] game feel and how the camera is close to the character and [you] can move by strafing. Compared to Vampyr, it’s a big improvement.”
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is all set to arrive for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, on February 13, 2024.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍